Halifax Mooseheads: 2018-2019 Thread

garland

Dec 3, 2018
Clearly you haven't watched any of this series. The Mooseheads have had the better chances in all the games. No reason to believe they can't come back and win this series, If not for an incredible save on Lavoie in the dying minutes last night the shoe could be on the other foot now. Harvey has won three games for the Huskies and Gravel two for the Mooseheads. It's been a goaltender series throughout and it doesn't look like that's changing.
What part of any of that suggests I haven't watched the series? We're playing the #1 in the Q who is one win away from a title, how is suggesting we're done indicate I haven't watched the series? The main point of my post is at this point you're better off resting for the championship than to try and win two and a row for a Q title.

And no the Mooseheads have not "had the better chances in all the games"

Yes clearly I haven't watched any of the series.

What a moron. Take a hike you tool

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
What part of any of that suggests I haven't watched the series? We're playing the #1 in the Q who is one win away from a title, how is suggesting we're done indicate I haven't watched the series? The main point of my post is at this point you're better off resting for the championship than to try and win two and a row for a Q title.

And no the Mooseheads have not "had the better chances in all the games"

Yes clearly I haven't watched any of the series.

What a moron. Take a hike you tool
Been called worse by better. So your strategy is to back into the Memorial Cup on a low and having to play a team that's beaten you 4-2 after giving them the clinching game so you can rest instead of going in on an incredible high by beating the #1 ranked team in Canada and winning the Presidents trophy?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
You guys but the bickering aside long enough to give me the lineups for each team? Please.....

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Don’t have the Huskies

Attachments

• 0EC35AF5-F2B2-480C-A811-8F161DD6995D.jpeg
    0EC35AF5-F2B2-480C-A811-8F161DD6995D.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 6

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Ita all good in 6 it is hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaha
Congrats on the strong win. Moose had a good run, many didn’t expect them to beat Drummondville or even take a game or 2 from Rouyn.

Now go post in your own Forum.
Oh wait...

tenor.gif

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Oh well unfortunate, now we just have to get the win against them in the M-Cup robin round and we’re good. Go Moose Go!

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Congrats on the strong win. Moose had a good run, many didn’t expect them to beat Drummondville or even take a game or 2 from Rouyn.

Now go post in your own Forum.
Oh wait...

tenor.gif

I;ll post wherever i want oh by the way did i tell you the HUSKIES are the champs hahahahahaha that was way to easy but a good practice.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I;ll post wherever i want oh by the way did i tell you the HUSKIES are the champs hahahahahaha that was way to easy but a good practice.
I was going to congratulate the Huskies on their win but couldn't find a thread. I'm not going to do it here. That's just sad. Maybe you could create one.

Reactions: Killahpunk

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
I was going to congratulate the Huskies on their win but couldn't find a thread. I'm not going to do it here. That's just sad. Maybe you could create one.

Don't worry the Q has a huge forum we don't need to start a thread here.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
And the Huskies win two cups on your ice what an incredible season for the Number 1 team in canada.

Last edited:

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Cam Russell stated in an interview that he wanted to build an even stronger team next season. There isn’t a lot of players returning so a lot of trades are gonna have to happen with very little draft picks. Curious to see what he pulls.

Joe Lamb

Mar 12, 2004
downeast
Cam Russell stated in an interview that he wanted to build an even stronger team next season. There isn’t a lot of players returning so a lot of trades are gonna have to happen with very little draft picks. Curious to see what he pulls.

True, Russel will have to be creative, but what a base to start with - Lavoie, Groulx, Parent, Dube, Barron, MacIssac,Gravel. Add to that 3 overagers, 2 GOOD Euros and recent draft picks (Stewart, Petten, Katabay,etc.)
Then he has to get creative. Making the Mem finals and with that base will put them on the radar for top free agents, American draft picks and maybe even Newhook. Either that or tear it down at Christmas.

Reactions: Coolmcneil

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
True, Russel will have to be creative, but what a base to start with - Lavoie, Groulx, Parent, Dube, Barron, MacIssac,Gravel. Add to that 3 overagers, 2 GOOD Euros and recent draft picks (Stewart, Petten, Katabay,etc.)
Then he has to get creative. Making the Mem finals and with that base will put them on the radar for top free agents, American draft picks and maybe even Newhook. Either that or tear it down at Christmas.
I would think Barinka will return, he wasn’t given a huge opportunity this year but he’s still young. That would give us one euro to work with. Really hurt us not getting Zadina back and then Fagemo decided to stay in Sweden.

Quite a list of 20 year olds for next season.
I’d say the most likely returnees are Chainey, Durandeau and Trepanier as long as they aren’t signed to contracts or traded. That would leave Kyte, Bishop, Higgins, Flower, Toner, McLeod, Sansfacon as trade bait or in limbo. Maybe they keep Bishop or Kyte and trade one of the others for better return? Hard to say. Morand and Safin both have contracts so they are likely gone. I can’t really see Safin playing AHL but I also think the Mooseheads should start fresh with a younger/healthier import. I kind of feel bad for the guy, he had a pretty rough year.

These scenarios leave a pretty big hole on defence. We likely only have 3 returning D. Barron, McIsaac, and 1 overager.

Hopefully Russell has some tricks up his sleeve. We’ll probably see his first moves in a couple of weeks leading up to the draft.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Huskies beat the Moose 8 out of 10 games since January (2-0 RS, 4-2 playoffs, 2-0 Mem Cup). No contest last night, really. Once the Huskies started pushing in the second period, they completely took over the game and the outcome simply wasn't in doubt.

Reactions: JMCx4

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Was this a recent interview? Hoping he can come through with a solid import and maybe draw some players away from the US route. For a guy like Newhook who seems to be headed to the NHL, playing one year of college

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Was this a recent interview? Hoping he can come through with a solid import and maybe draw some players away from the US route. For a guy like Newhook who seems to be headed to the NHL, playing one year of college
It was in one of the Sportsnet games vs Charlottetown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad