Halifax Mooseheads: 2018-2019 Thread

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
If Mooseheads can win this series they will play the very hot Rouyn Noranda Huskies! Also if Halifax wins the Huskies are automatically in the M-Cup finals! Gonna be good!

Reactions: JMCx4

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Gravel has been lights out this series especially last night. Drummondville really pressed hard in the 2nd period and did get a goal to show for it but there were so many chances that were neutralized by Gravel, especially his diving glove save. Overall the team just played great at both ends. Comtois and Veleno have hardly been factors because of the quick pressure the Moose have been putting on them when they have the puck and making sure someone is always on them without the puck.

Having Groulx back helps a ton as well. You could tell he's still shaking off some rust but the depth he provides by being in the lineup gives each line a great balance and a threat to score each shift.

I've been really happy with the Parent-Getson-Bishop line as well. Getson has really stepped up so far and is showing that veteran savvy and his playstyle is perfect for this time of year. Parent is a guy that's pretty polarizing as far as draft pedigree is concerned but I would happily take him in the 3rd round. He's small, fast, and skilled but hasn't produced as much as you would like to see but he is so tenacious, never backs down, constantly is around the crease causing havoc, and is overall a really effective player. I'm excited to see how he progresses over the next year but I think he can carve himself out something good in the pro ranks once he has more strength training. Bishop was more of an agitator in the first series but he's kept everything between the whistles and doesn't mix it up as much after the play is over but he's still able to get under the other team's skin pretty easily.

Would be amazing to wrap it up in 5 games. I truly didn't expect them to be up 3-1 leaving Halifax.

Reactions: Coolmcneil

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Well they are in the league final and two teams will enter from the Q. Better than some hosts have done.
You are right i was very happy that the mooseheads took the voltigeures out i trully believe the voltigeurs is the only team that can beat the Huskies but hey the game plays on the ice not on paper goodluck to your Mooseheads from a Huskies fan.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
London had 16 lost that year

Huskies are better then both of those team the depth on this year Huskies is incredible yes no superstar like london and moosehead but overall a better balanced team.

Both of those teams had 120 points in their regular seasons respectively and didn't lose 2 games in the first round to a bottom feeder like RN did. And neither played in a weak conference like RN did either. The 2018-2019 Huskies are a great team no doubt but to say they are generational is pure fanboy, the 2013 Mooseheads would run them into the ground.

Reactions: jabes

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Both of those teams had 120 points in their regular seasons respectively and didn't lose 2 games in the first round to a bottom feeder like RN did. And neither played in a weak conference like RN did either. The 2018-2019 Huskies are a great team no doubt but to say they are generational is pure fanboy, the 2013 Mooseheads would run them into the ground.
Whatever you'll never know.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Shots were pretty much even despite the fact the Mooseheads took 9 penalties and the Huskies only took 1. Goes to show that Halifax was the stronger team on the Ice in Game 1 but Huskies were playing smarter. The Huskies were only up 2-1 and 3-2 at points in the game so you can't call Halifax out of this series especially with that game being played on the road. Chainey got hurt early in the third so hopefully he's in the lineup tonight. Need to play Smart and Strong for Game 2! #GoMooseGo

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Shots were pretty much even despite the fact the Mooseheads took 9 penalties and the Huskies only took 1. Goes to show that Halifax was the stronger team on the Ice in Game 1 but Huskies were playing smarter. The Huskies were only up 2-1 and 3-2 at points in the game so you can't call Halifax out of this series especially with that game being played on the road. Chainey got hurt early in the third so hopefully he's in the lineup tonight. Need to play Smart and Strong for Game 2! #GoMooseGo

Couldn't of described game one better.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
You do realize how weak that western conference was . How any teams were over 500. A cake walk through the league and playoffs until now.

I get that and the Huskies are lucky its 1-1 they're not playing like theie desperate to win, they seem happy to be guaranteed to be in the memorial cup and the moosehead are taking advantage to it could be a short series but not what i was thinking the momentum is on the moosehead big time but thats good the best team won last night.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I get that and the Huskies are lucky its 1-1 they're not playing like theie desperate to win, they seem happy to be guaranteed to be in the memorial cup and the moosehead are taking advantage to it could be a short series but not what i was thinking the momentum is on the moosehead big time but thats good the best team won last night.
Hey Jelly if you follow the Huskies can you tell me what is up with the nets in their arena. The net gets dislodged so easy. I thought it was going to be a factor in the series after game one and it was a huge factor in game two costing the Huskies the win. Have they always been like that I can't remember? I was surprised when the officials were telling the goalies to replace them. Actually forgot that Gravel was scored on in the first game just after he reset his net. Both goalies are playing great but they can't be comfortable.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
I say Huskies in 5 this is the best junior hockey team in the last 20 years.

The 2005 London Knights and the 2013 Halifax Mooseheads say hello!

This Huskies team couldn't hold a candle to those mentioned teams. The 2013 Mooseheads would probably beat the 2019 Mooseheads in a 4 or 5 games at most. These Huskies might of been able to take a game against those Knights or Mooseheads but i wouldn't expect much more.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Hey Jelly if you follow the Huskies can you tell me what is up with the nets in their arena. The net gets dislodged so easy. I thought it was going to be a factor in the series after game one and it was a huge factor in game two costing the Huskies the win. Have they always been like that I can't remember? I was surprised when the officials were telling the goalies to replace them. Actually forgot that Gravel was scored on in the first game just after he reset his net. Both goalies are playing great but they can't be comfortable.

Nothing wrong with the net it only happens to the cheater Gravel this is fact.

Reactions: Tube Skates

garland

Dec 3, 2018
I say Huskies in 5 this is the best junior hockey team in the last 20 years.
Yeah, no absolutely not. Those previously mentioned clubs for example ('05 Knights, '13 Moose) are the cream of the crop of junior hockey.

This years Huskies squad is more like the '05 Oceanic ... I know, they don't have Sid, but my point is they caught fire and rolled through the playoffs. The best in the last 20 years? No. This Moose team isn't close to the '13 Moose and they've already taken a split with the Huskies. I just don't see it when i watch Rouyn.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
What a win! The Moose proved to be a huge test for the Huskies and controlled the play basically the entire game. Sets up a big Game 5 back in Rouyn Noranda.
Huge win!! Couple of big penalty kills in 3rd then Durandeau with a beauty snipe to take the 3 goal lead late!

garland

Dec 3, 2018
Win or go home Saturday afternoon!

Lol just kidding. Honestly at this point, if you lose Saturday that just gives you extra rest to prepare for the WHL Champion (Prince Albert most likely) ...

Of course, Go Moose Go! But the dream of a Q title and Mem Cup might be done.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Win or go home Saturday afternoon!

Lol just kidding. Honestly at this point, if you lose Saturday that just gives you extra rest to prepare for the WHL Champion (Prince Albert most likely) ...

Of course, Go Moose Go! But the dream of a Q title and Mem Cup might be done.
Clearly you haven't watched any of this series. The Mooseheads have had the better chances in all the games. No reason to believe they can't come back and win this series, If not for an incredible save on Lavoie in the dying minutes last night the shoe could be on the other foot now. Harvey has won three games for the Huskies and Gravel two for the Mooseheads. It's been a goaltender series throughout and it doesn't look like that's changing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad