• Marchand

• ROR

• other (Who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
So in your simplistic view, Lindholm is better on the PP and PK but stone is better 80% of the time when it's 5 on 5 because ice time determines who's better, correct?

Not sure where you get the 80% from but lets forget it and agree to disagree.
Lindholm is a solid 200 ft player and extremely good defensively and I have no doubt that he will be one of three finalists when the Norris is awarded. He has a solid chance of winning it.
You obviously disagree which is your right. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone has one. We'll see how this all plays out in June.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Not sure where you get the 80% from but lets forget it and agree to disagree.
Lindholm is a solid 200 ft player and extremely good defensively and I have no doubt that he will be one of three finalists when the Norris is awarded. He has a solid chance of winning it.
You obviously disagree which is your right. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone has one. We'll see how this all plays out in June.

I never said he wouldn't be one of the three finalists...you just said lindholm was better defensively than stone and pointed to ice time. That must mean that Stone is better at 5 on 5. ~80% of a game is played 5 on 5...so stone must be better 80% of the situations using that logic. That's all i said. I never said lindholm wasn't a good 200 ft player.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I never said he wouldn't be one of the three finalists...you just said lindholm was better defensively than stone and pointed to ice time. That must mean that Stone is better at 5 on 5. ~80% of a game is played 5 on 5...so stone must be better 80% of the situations using that logic. That's all i said. I never said lindholm wasn't a good 200 ft.
I was only countering your argument about the +/- which is a very flawed statistic at best as there are so many factors associated with it.
Lets agree that both players should be in the final 3 and may the best man (according to the voters) win. :cheers:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I was only countering your argument about the +/- which is a very flawed statistic at best as there are so many factors associated with it.
Lets agree that both players should be in the final 3 and may the best man (according to the voters) win. :cheers:
I was using it in the proper way comparing to his teammates. That's really the only way to use it.

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
Backlund gets slepted on so much to the point Lindholm is mentioned before him.

Only the Bergeron line is the line I would hate seeing my top line facing before the trio of Backlund Tkachuk + Frolik/Bennett

Maybe that is what keeps Backlund so underrated having his whole line so great a shutting opposing teams down.

Last edited:

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Bergeron and couturier are the clear two top defensive forwards. With how voting goes it'll open the door for higher scoring offensive players

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Just to add some info on stone...

+/- Can be used properly in the right context. I'm going to do it here.

Last year:
Mark Stone +9
Zack Smith -32
Cody Ceci -27
Erik Karlsson -25
Matt Duchene -23
Mike Hoffman -20
Ryan Dzingel -17
JG Pageau -14
Bobby Ryan -12
Thomas Chabot -12
Tom Pyatt -12

This year:
Mark Stone +11
Cody Ceci -20
Magnus Paajarvi -19
Max Lajoie -17
Tom Pyatt -16
Mikkel Boedker -14
Ryan Dxingel -13
Chris Tierny -13
Bobby ryan -11
Colin White -9
Chris Wieman -9
Max McCormick -6
Matt Duchene -5
Mark Borowiecki -5
Nick Paul -5

He's constantly the only player who is a plus on the sens when everyone else is record breaking minuses lol.

Takeaways:

2014-2015:
1) Mark Stone 98 (rookie year)
2) Ryan O'Reilly 98
3) John Tavares 94

2015-2016
1) Mark Stone 128
2) Jeff Skinner 77
3) Dustin Byfuglien 73

2016-2017
1) Mark Stone 96
2) Jaccob Slavin 83
3) Mcdavid, Matthews, Forsberg 76

2017-2018
*Stone misses big chunk of season and plays 58 games*

This year:
1) Mark Stone 70
2) Aleksander Barkov 58
3) Connor mcdavid 56

I think stone is due.
Get all those stats and facts outta here! He plays for the sens he doesnt count.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Yes he does
Sidney Crosby 22:46 -total Sh time on ice 0:30 SH toi/gp.

Yeah he sure Does doesn't he?,
he's only 8th(among forwards) on the Pens in Sh toi/gp, and 7th(among forwards) it total sh time on ice,
and 206th (among forwards) in total SH toi and 231st(among forwards) per game, in the Entire NHL.
How did i ever mistake that minuscule amount of PK time as him not doing it :rolleyes:

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Sidney Crosby 22:46 -total Sh time on ice 0:30 SH toi/gp.

Yeah he sure Does doesn't he?,
he's only 8th(among forwards) on the Pens in Sh toi/gp, and 7th(among forwards) it total sh time on ice,
and 206th (among forwards) in total SH toi and 231st(among forwards) per game, in the Entire NHL.
How did i ever mistake that minuscule amount of PK time as him not doing it :rolleyes:

Welcome to hf, where if Crosby is 231st at something, that is a huge asset that can be talked up.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Lindholm/Stone but will probably be Bergeron as per rep.

If Barkov wins they can officialy throw the trophy were I suspect it already belongs.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I can't even believe Barkov is 2nd in voting. Everyone on HF whines that these awards are all based on reputation and then blindly vote for Barkov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad