GDT: Half hearted attempt at a GDT: Flames @ Sens tonight

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I will avoid the next few Barn Burner shows. Actually, until we're clicking (whenever that may be) I don't want to hear what I already feel.

Team needs patience. It's not looking like clear skies ahead for the foreseeable future.

Onward! Crush the Habs. I hope.

I'm jumping to the UFC event. TC all.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
I remember at last year’s trade deadline when the media people asked Sutter what kind of move he’d make he said he’d only make a trade if it benefited the team in the long run rather than short term. He really knew huh

• Wow
Reactions: Tofveve

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
flamestank.jpg

not even the best goalie in the world can save these sad sack loser veterans
time for some trimming of the fat

Last edited:

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
And by the way Wolf was great tonight. Really impressed with him and I can't wait to see more from him.
Offense was non existent tonight and the defence just did nothing but cough up the puck. Barely any blocked shots.
Just a pitiful effort by the majority of the team.
Back to back, different time zone. Okay i'll give you that. But do better in Montreal.

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Second of a back to back.

Our management team should be all about building for the future. We've practically never had a stacked draft let alone back to back (to back) stacked drafts. The things I'd do for bona-fide 1sts. Build it from the foundations up. Nows the time.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
If I'm Conroy, I'm telling teams we'll eat up to 40% of all our expiring contracts. Make it a bidding war.
Lindholm at $2.5 million would be a steal and every team that expects playoffs should be all over him.

I still want some picks back, but definitely salary eating is what we have to do. I just hate how we let guys like: Brodie, Monahan, Lindholm, Hanafin etc already be out the door by the time we start entertaining trades. These guys all had lots of cache league wide and could have garnered huge return. Now we get relegated to eating contract money and getting late round picks. Sad.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If I'm Conroy, I'm telling teams we'll eat up to 40% of all our expiring contracts. Make it a bidding war.
Lindholm at $2.5 million would be a steal and every team that expects playoffs should be all over him.
We can only retain on 3. And I'd go the full 50% on those 3, and willing to take back salary on the others.
I still want some picks back, but definitely salary eating is what we have to do. I just hate how we let guys like: Brodie, Monahan, Lindholm, Hanafin etc already be out the door by the time we start entertaining trades. These guys all had lots of cache league wide and could have garnered huge return. Now we get relegated to eating contract money and getting late round picks. Sad.
You named 4 players and only 1 left as a free agent.

Reactions: Boomstick

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Kadri has been clicking some with Zary, but his contract is looking awful too. Though it's only year 2 for he and Huberdeau it's not looking good right now for either of them. Maybe slightly better for Naz, but we expect much more.

Sigh.

Definitely rebuild from the foundations up.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011

Let's go Kraken!
Loving this approach mate!

Kadri has been clicking some with Zary, but his contract is looking awful too. Though it's only year 2 for he and Huberdeau it's not looking good right now for either of them. Maybe slightly better for Naz, but we expect much more.

Sigh.

Definitely rebuild from the foundations up.
Naz has been at least trying and his contract is still movable but not sure about Huberdeau. What do you do with him? Personally, I would send him on gardening leave, hopefully he clicks after and would try to trade him swift.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
We can only retain on 3. And I'd go the full 50% on those 3, and willing to take back salary on the others.

You named 4 players and only 1 left as a free agent.

The other 3 on their last year? I'd have to look it up but they were all nearing the end of their contracts. You're not going to get much value in the 4th and 5th years (or 6th years) of a contract.

Year 2 of Mangi contract, he's rounded back to the mean, overvalued, package him. Same for the others I listed. Brodie was a headcase then had like a year and a half of rounding to a proper 2D with one of those years being in Norris conversation; then rounded back to what he was before (we watched his stock drop for years) - we should have traded him based on Norris conversation value. Monahan was shot for nearly the entirety of his 2nd contract but in reality from after the AS break 2019 I believe. He still was a perenial 30 goal scorer. We had a good 2 years to package a high return deal. Hanafin has looked overvalued his whole time here, easily could have been packaged for high return last year. Coleman though I love his work ethic, overvalued for his contract dollar. Etc.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
The other 3 on their last year? I'd have to look it up but they were all nearing the end of their contracts. You're not going to get much value in the 4th and 5th years (or 6th years) of a contract.

Year 2 of Mangi contract, he's rounded back to the mean, overvalued, package him. Same for the others I listed. Brodie was a headcass then had like a year and a half of rounding to a proper 2D with one of those years being in Norris conversation; then rounded back to what he was before - trade him based on Norris conversation value. Monahan was shot for nearly the entirety of his 2nd contract but in reality from after the AS break 2019 I believe. He still was a perenial 30 goal scorer. We had a good 2 years to package a high return deal. Hanafin has looked overvalued his whole time here, easily could have been packaged for high return last year. Coleman though I love his work ethic, overvalued for his contract dollar. Etc.
Huberdeau, Lindholm, Mangiapanne, Dube, Tanev, Vladar, Zadorov.. this is my trading order as of now and start moving these weights pronto.

Anyone else have any suggestions or solutions?
Huberdeau for Anderson and Gallagher could work.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Well onto UFC.

Have a good night peeps.

I'll be missing next game due to cram studying for an exam. Good luck to us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad