GDT: Half-Assed Redux: Canucks @ Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We're holding on to leads better because we're playing even more low event hockey than when Pete was still here. Some nights (like tonight) it works. Other nights we can't get out of our own end.

And Cory is on another level right now as well.

They picked it up more this game then some of the others. They still pressed even with the lead, even it if was conservatively. They had a few chances to ice the game in the third.

Overall though they are doing a pure defense first mentality.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The rumors were either Madden or Gomez. I'd buy Madden more cause he's the raging intense type enough to do that and he hasn't exactly come back into the fold the way other ex-players (including Gomez) have. Gomez always came off more as the passive agressive guy who showed anger by goofing off but I honestly think if he'd shot a puck at a coach he wouldn't be back here. Lou forgives a lot of **** but I think that'd be one thing he'd have a hard time getting past.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The next three games are at home and are winnable.

The next four...Boston's been dying lately. That one game could determine whether we're 'in the hunt' or not at the deadline if we get at least five of the next six points against Carolina/Arizona/Calgary

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
I thought Merrill had his best game in awhile. He's been better lately, but just looked all around solid in both zones last night. Hopefully he continues on that trajectory.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
This team better not put in the same performance they did against Edmonton last game. That game was complete crap.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
This team better not put in the same performance they did against Edmonton last game. That game was complete crap.

That game really ended any interest I had in wanting this team to win games this season. I've had no luck in choosing games to go to this year. An irritating kid behind us kept on yelling, "lets go Rangers" constantly at that game. Just a terrible night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad