GDT: Half-Assed Redux: Canucks @ Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I'd like to present the 3rd period of this game as Exhibit A in the case of "no one around the league is going to give up more than a late 2nd for Zidlicky."

Best we can hope for is someone gets into a bidding war with Detroit.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
i know we won and all, but it's truly pathetic that we just now got our first 30 point player. you almost can't make up that kind of offensive futility

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I'd like to present the 3rd period of this game as Exhibit A in the case of "no one around the league is going to give up more than a late 2nd for Zidlicky."

Best we can hope for is someone gets into a bidding war with Detroit.

people know what they will be getting when they trade for zidlicky. on a playoff team he'll be playing on the power play and bottom pairing. he's about average for a bottom pairing guy defensively and takes some bad penalties (though i don't think that glove penalty was bad, not much else he could've done).

plenty of good team's have a guy like zidlicky. hell, they need one. that kind of skill from the back end is just something you don't find in many players, regardless of his defensive shortcomings.

that said, i also don't think we're getting a first for him straight up.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
i know we won and all, but it's truly pathetic that we just now got our first 30 point player. you almost can't make up that kind of offensive futility

The NJD this year have a GF60 (5on5) of 1.80. That is 82 GF (before this game). What is sad is this isn't a recent. We ranked 29th at 1.97 GF60 during the 2007-14 stretch. We scored 842 goals compared that to #1 team (Pitt) at 1061 GF. Team has been struggling to score for a while. Even with Parise and/or Kovy the team didn't put the puck in the net.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
The NJD this year have a GF60 (5on5) of 1.80. That is 82 GF (before this game). What is sad is this isn't a recent. We ranked 29th at 1.97 GF60 during the 2007-14 stretch. We scored 842 goals compared that to #1 team (Pitt) at 1061 GF. Team has been struggling to score for a while. Even with Parise and/or Kovy the team didn't put the puck in the net.

but a difference of 200 goals over that period of time isn't a huge deal. it's ok to score a little less when you play good defense. the problem is that we don't have a single player we can expect points from on a consistent basis. that's a problem.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
people know what they will be getting when they trade for zidlicky. on a playoff team he'll be playing on the power play and bottom pairing. he's about average for a bottom pairing guy defensively and takes some bad penalties (though i don't think that glove penalty was bad, not much else he could've done).

plenty of good team's have a guy like zidlicky. hell, they need one. that kind of skill from the back end is just something you don't find in many players, regardless of his defensive shortcomings.

that said, i also don't think we're getting a first for him straight up.

He hasn't scored a powerplay point in two months. He has 3 PP points on the ENTIRE SEASON.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Damn that Tootoo goal was smooth as silk.....starting from the laser pass from Lars to the snipe.

Thats the second or third similar goal this season that Tootoo has scored screaming
down the wing with authority.

Haven't seen this squad score many of those goals like that this season, besides from Tootoo.... seems like he is one of a select few guys that have speed, and can pick a spot well.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Damn that Tootoo goal was smooth as silk.....starting from the laser pass from Lars to the snipe.

Thats the second or third similar goal this season that Tootoo has scored screaming
down the wing with authority.

Haven't seen this squad score many of those goals like that this season, besides from Tootoo.... seems like he is one of a select few guys that have speed, and can pick a spot well.

Even if he can't pick his spot well, I think I'd be totally fine if he stuck around a few years. He brings speed, he's tough, he's not good but I think he wouldn't be too out of place with Josefson and a real NHL player for linemates. I'd take Tootoo over Barch/Janssen/Boulton any day of the week.

The biggest issue will be not giving him a 1.3 million dollar contract like Detroit did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad