GDT: Half Assed GDT: Sabres @ Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We only have 50 points left on the table. We would need to get 40 of them to match last years wildcard teams.

There's no conceivable way we should be buyers.

Unless it's a player that can play now and in the years to come.

But a blockbuster like that is most likely not happening since no way we trade our first before the lotto

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Barely a plan. Just hope all those draft kids turn into something and they can convince some one legit to play there (same with the Knicks)

And their plan allows them to be an even bigger laughing stock in their league then we can even imagine in ours.

Point is the owners don't really give a rats ass we suck right now.

Agreed.

They're bankers. The ONLY thing they care about is $.

I follow the stock market closely. Many hedge fund managers will pocket as much cash from a company, whether or not the company is successful. This is what the CEO of Sears is doing. His fund takes as much profit as possible and spins off any valuable assets like Land's End and the real estate it owns.

Back to our owners, they bought the team for the arena. The only thing about our team they care for is that the arena is used 41 times a year. They hope to turn it into MSG west with concerts, MotoX, monster truck rallies, circus, etc.. It's easier now with the Izod center closing. It wouldn't surprise me if they try to lure some type of summer league (WNBA, Arena Football, etc.) team to run events during the "off-peak" season.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I only caught the last few minutes but noticed Gelinas was quite active. How did he look tonight?

scored a great highlight reel goal (called off due to a high high high stick….did i mention the stick was high?)

sorry, got nothing else really……..i half assed watching the game like the team half assed playing and how the GDT was half assed :sarcasm:

the only thing thats not half assed is the full course meal being served right from the toilet in lou's office

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
One of his better games in a while

Awesome, decided to hit the gym as I figured the game wasn't on TV. I saw that we won a shootout 2-0, Gomez and yayo took the shots, Gelinas and Yayo played meaningful minutes and had to pinch myself as I couldn't believe all that actually happened in one game.

On a side note, where the hell did Jacob get the move in the shootout from? I can't remember him ever pulling off a move like that. Kid had some quick hands there.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Awesome, decided to hit the gym as I figured the game wasn't on TV. I saw that we won a shootout 2-0, Gomez and yayo took the shots, Gelinas and Yayo played meaningful minutes and had to pinch myself as I couldn't believe all that actually happened in one game.

On a side note, where the hell did Jacob get the move in the shootout from? I can't remember him ever pulling off a move like that. Kid had some quick hands there.

he got it from gomez……...about a minute earlier :laugh: :sarcasm:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This was the first of the three home shootouts I actually could watch all the way through lol, the first one I left the building because we were 0-18 and I was tired of watching them. The second one I stood up for our shots but sat down during the Leaf shots and didn't look since the people in front of me were standing. This time I watched all the shots.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
This was the first of the three home shootouts I actually could watch all the way through lol, the first one I left the building because we were 0-18 and I was tired of watching them. The second one I stood up for our shots but sat down during the Leaf shots and didn't look since the people in front of me were standing. This time I watched all the shots.

live: i leave 100% of the time

at home: 80% i dont bother watching…….i did tonight and i feel gross

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I only caught the last few minutes but noticed Gelinas was quite active. How did he look tonight?

I thought he looked great. Skated well, passed well, was better defensively than, well.. just about anybody - but that's because Greene had mondo terrible giveaways, Larsson flubbed one at the line, Merrill had adventures and Zids got caught.

His shot - both slapper and wrist shot - is a weapon. guys were limping off all night long and he took Foligno's glove off.

His shots (both on goal and purposefully wide) provided us some of our best scoring opportunities. He was very dangerous in the Sabres end of the ice.

If he plays like this every night, I'll be ecstatic.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Josefson probably could have gotten them a few more points in the shootout last year which possibly could have made us a playoff team, if Pete wasn't a total jackass and had him eating popcorn in the player suits half the time.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I thought he looked great. Skated well, passed well, was better defensively than, well.. just about anybody - but that's because Greene had mondo terrible giveaways, Larsson flubbed one at the line, Merrill had adventures and Zids got caught.

His shot - both slapper and wrist shot - is a weapon. guys were limping off all night long and he took Foligno's glove off.

His shots (both on goal and purposefully wide) provided us some of our best scoring opportunities. He was very dangerous in the Sabres end of the ice.

If he plays like this every night, I'll be ecstatic.

He was good, but he wasnt great..... Still made mistakes defensively, but it was better then the last few games. Definetely wasnt better defensively then Greene/Larsson, thought both for the most part were good

I did think offensively he made more of an impact today

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
He looks like Caps Jagr, only without the talent to get 'some' points while playing disinterested.

I don't know - he danced out of the corner nicely a couple of times.

Set Gomer up for a beach ball goal but fanned a bit.

I thought he showcased some good stuff - but overall, yeah; not many of the vets are trying to prove anything now.

Zajac, Greene, Elias, all had pretty terrible turnovers.

Cammy looked busy all night. Gomer skated well. Bernier was running around.

Some rust on Gio, but he and Josefson and Zubrus were a decent 4th line...although I'd rather see Ryder there...

Ruutu crashed into things. Henrique was pretty active.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
He was good, but he wasnt great..... Still made mistakes defensively, but it was better then the last few games. Definetely wasnt better defensively then Greene/Larsson, thought both for the most part were good

I did think offensively he made more of an impact today

Greene was downright awful at times. Did not have his head in the game tonight.

Larsson was very good for most of the night and bailed him out - but Greene did recover a couple of times.

Overall - they were sloppy. I didn't see any defensive mistakes from Gelinas - except perhaps in the last few seconds where he might have been too aggressive. Otherwise, I thought his gap control and stickwork was better than Merrill's and his positioning was fine.

He was out there tied to Harrold too..

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Josefson probably could have gotten them a few more points in the shootout last year which possibly could have made us a playoff team, if Pete wasn't a total jackass and had him eating popcorn in the player suits half the time.

Didn't he get our first shootout goal last year? Which was actually against Buffalo as well.

I know Boucher technically got our first shootout goal against Montreal in December.

Then there was a really long one in March or maybe early April. Jagr also scored in the shootout. That was Josefson's first attempt of last season too. He had one more in one of those last couple shootouts, I forget if it was the Islanders or the Senators one.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Didn't he get our first shootout goal last year? Which was actually against Buffalo as well.

I know Boucher technically got our first shootout goal against Montreal in December.

Then there was a really long one in March or maybe early April. Jagr also scored in the shootout. That was Josefson's first attempt of last season too. He had one more in one of those last couple shootouts, I forget if it was the Islanders or the Senators one.

Yea, he scored in that game that Buffalo started their 5th stringer in and we lost. I haven't seen that goalie since.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I can honestly say I fell asleep watching this game. Woke up for OT.

Checking box score: We actually out shot Buff last night 35-25? Shows just how bad that squad is I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad