GDT: Half Assed GDT: Sabres @ Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Exactly. Their concern(if they have any as far as in any sport) are the Sixers. They don't care about the Devils TEAM/FRANCHISE all that much. All they're doing is basically giving Lou a blank check and letting him do his thing without interference.

I like having owners who don't meddle in things. They just need to bring in a better GM and let him do work.

big difference. the nba can be dominated by one or two players...they are targeting that..

Yea, you don't want to be stuck in perennial eighth seed life.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
To be fair, the only way you get better in BB is to finish near last for three years. Anybody drafted after #5 is a crapshoot

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
can you blame him? He was bored out of his mind watching this in studio... probably hid a bottle in the bathroom and did shots every 5 min. :laugh:

He also thought Schneider made THREE big saves in the shootout.

Only faced 2 shooters.

That shows me that he fell asleep during this game.:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
As much as I hate the new coaching staff, we're 2-0 in shootouts with them. Tells me DeBoer was a lot to blame for the shootout. His lineups were usually stupid. Josefson was stopped in 2 shootouts after his goal against Winnipeg, then DeBoer stopped using him it seemed. Went back to the usual suspects of Zajac, Jagr, Ryder, Henrique (him WAY too much).

If Pete was the coach it might have taken till now for Gomez to take a shootout attempt :P

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Pete was the coach it might have taken till now for Gomez to take a shootout attempt :P

He actually has used him. He used him in the Islanders game for the first time, like a week or two before Christmas. He scored in the shootout too, yet we still lost.

He used him again against Carolina in the last game he coached.

I liked his lineup against the Islanders. He used Severson and Zidlicky too. I think he may even used Ruutu in the shootout that game.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Is it really 11? Man I hope Lou doesn't think this team can make it...

Lou doesn't know how to think anything else. Until the season is over, he won't call it a lost cause. They could be 20 points out with one game to go and he would still be playing for the playoffs.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jagr looks like he's checked out.

How many more games until the deadline? I'm afraid we'll be lucky if he hits more than 2 points in the games remaining.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Lou doesn't know how to think anything else. Until the season is over, he won't call it a lost cause. They could be 20 points out with one game to go and he would still be playing for the playoffs.

That's exactly what he wants the media and his players to think. He has the never give up persona but he knows very well that the reality is.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
But at least they let the sixers have a plan to start to rebuild. I'm hoping they eventually do the same thing here and get Lou out. At least incorporate some fresh new faces in the organization.

Barely a plan. Just hope all those draft kids turn into something and they can convince some one legit to play there (same with the Knicks)

And their plan allows them to be an even bigger laughing stock in their league then we can even imagine in ours.

Point is the owners don't really give a rats ass we suck right now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The fact that the Devils are even in the same zipcode there shows how mediocre the team occupying that spot is. :laugh:

A) 11 points isn't the same zip code, especially with the Panthers and Flyers surging towards the bubble themselves
B) Boston currently has the last spot and even slumping they're still on pace for 94 points, that's not mediocre

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
GOALS PER GAME... 1.8...30th Overall

GOALS AGAINST...3.4...30th Overall

POWER PLAY PCT…12.3...30th Overall

PENALTY KILL PCT...73.8...30th Overall

takes a SO win to beat the armpit of america

**** it….thanks for the years of greatness but im completely done with what lou has done with this roster…… question is do i tolerate him through the deadline?

****!!

edit: a team with a 5-20-2 road record

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Jagr looks like he's checked out.

How many more games until the deadline? I'm afraid we'll be lucky if he hits more than 2 points in the games remaining.

He looks like Caps Jagr, only without the talent to get 'some' points while playing disinterested.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Barely a plan. Just hope all those draft kids turn into something and they can convince some one legit to play there (same with the Knicks)

And their plan allows them to be an even bigger laughing stock in their league then we can even imagine in ours.

Point is the owners don't really give a rats ass we suck right now.

how is it barely a plan. look how many picks they have, they even got back the 1st round pick the previous GM traded to Orlando.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
We only have 50 points left on the table. We would need to get 40 of them to match last years wildcard teams.

There's no conceivable way we should be buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad