Post-Game Talk: Hainsey still in our hearts. Jets beat Leafs and win 3-1

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Did our one-eyed dinosaur from the hicktown of Sault Ste Marie just outcoach their 50 million dollar supercoach... AND surpass him in career wins at the same time???

Attaboy PMo!!! :thumbu:

tenor.gif
We have twice the talent they do. Its a miracle Babcock has gotten them to 100 pts.

Reactions: jefferoni

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
anybody that hates on cilantro should try some Pico de Gallo. That stuff is fantastic as a filling or chip dip.
pico-de-gallo-3-732x1024.jpg
Oh for sure...love pico di gallo. I make my own when we do fish tacos. A lot of work but the taste is worth it.

Last edited:

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
HNIC panel sounds like first time they've seen the Jets.

They were bad!

I bet some local Leafs game broadcast were not such homers as the CBC so called national game.

The Jets may end up as Canada's team with fans across the country if they make some noise in the PO's but the so-called national broadcaster CBC/Sportnet are Leafnation through and through.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
Well, I know I'll have a little more bounce to my step tomorrow on Easter Sunday after a workman like effort from my Jets in beating the team I like us to beat more than any other team on national tv coverage.

Thank you Jets for an awesome regular season. Congrats on clinching second place. You can start resting some players now, and poring over Wild video.

Reactions: GNP

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Leaf fans know who the better team is, they wont admit it but deep down thy know and it's burning them to the core

If you read their GDT you would not think that. But the fact that some needed to bad mouth the city of Winnipeg before the game I think that most Leaf fans know the Jets are the better team and feel the need to shoot down the Peg instead of the team because they know the Jets are the best. :)

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Heard Ryan Suter broke his fibula...huge blow to our likely first round opponent.

Oh, we clinched 2nd place btw.

Reactions: Jets2point0

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Checking in on the Minnesota boards cause we will likely play them. Checking for news on suter. Looks like he might have broken right fibula.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Oh he certainly made the most of it, but I doubt Scheif would have felt the need to apologize (well, at least he tried) if he felt he played it right. I don't wanna sound too harsh because he didn't exactly go out of his way to hit him, more like the opposite. Still he wasn't pressured and should have read it better. Bad awareness, unfortunate result.

I'm sorry guys I must be turning into one of them known haters :(

I agree with this. Scheifele should of known the play was not there but I truly believe that the contact was unintentional. Scheifele is not a dirty player he just screwed up. The fact that Scheifele tried to apologise shows that he felt that he had cross the line.

Reactions: boyko10

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Jets beat the Leafs in Toronto and the post game thread has only 9 pages 3 hours after the fact?

Almost feels like Jet fans know they should of beaten the Leafs because they are the better team. :)

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I agree with this. Scheifele should of known the play was not there but I truly believe that the contact was unintentional. Scheifele is not a dirty player he just screwed up. The fact that Scheifele tried to apologise shows that he felt that he had cross the line.

When I first saw the play, it looks like one if Schiefele’s skates got tangled with a defender causing Schiefele to lose his balance and tumble into their goaltender.

Certainly not a malicious play and it was embellished a lot by their goalie. I wouldn’t care if they called a minor. I’d honestly hate to be a fan that cries over penalties (or non-calls) and blame that for a loss. That’s just part of the game that balances out in the long-term.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Jets beat the Leafs in Toronto and the post game thread has only 9 pages 3 hours after the fact?

Almost feels like Jet fans know they should of beaten the Leafs because they are the better team. :)

Yes, the Jets are the better team (but not significantly). Leafs played last night and this game was kinda meaningless. Honestly, no reason to throw it in their faces (either was our early season loss too).

Hope the Leafs do well in the playoffs.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We have twice the talent they do. Its a miracle Babcock has gotten them to 100 pts.

I wouldn't say we have 2 times the talent than the Leafs do, but where we really have more depth--is on our defense. We're always getting goals from Buff, Myers, Morrissey or Trouba, and that extra goal from the backend, gives us a lot more depth. Also Chiarot has a great shot as well--and should be used more.

As for scoring, we also have a little more depth--so we really are the better team right now. We're one of the top 3 teams in the league, and I do believe we can win the Stanley Cup. We "now have the goaltender" to do just that !!!

The Jet's next "big step" is developing confidence in playoff games --I don't believe we've won one yet. With Helle's calming presence, that should go a long way. If we get out of the 1st round, we'll have confidence, and be awfully tough to knock out.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Yes, the Jets are the better team (but not significantly). Leafs played last night and this game was kinda meaningless. Honestly, no reason to throw it in their faces (either was our early season loss too).

Hope the Leafs do well in the playoffs.

Totally agree. This was a nothing game but I find it funny that so many Jets fans agree by not posting or caring.

I'll be one Jet fan cheering for the Leafs in the PO's to win the east. That said that will totally change if we meet in the SCF's.

Jeffsrig

Jan 27, 2015
Innisfail
That was soooo satisfying. Babs was giving Chevy and the Jets mad respect about their depth in an interview before the game, when asked about Laine he was said there were far too many weapons to be focused on one guy. Toronto already being against the cap has got some serious wheeling and dealing to do if the don’t want to end up like a McDavidless Edmonton in 3 years. I will be pulling for them in the east but I don’t think they have a chance to make it out of the Atlantic.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
A few observations

Kipper is dumb as a post, I mean seriously he's f***ing clueless.

Hughson is nauseating. Pretty much blamed the loss on the horrific hit by Scheifele, just couldn't let it go. Favourite part of the night was the absolute disgust in his voice when Komarov missed the top shelf on the PP with about 9 or 10 minutes left. He was distraught, such a homer.

Simpson is shockingly uninformed, just sounded like a moron at times. Laughable preparation.

Cherry talking about one of his favourite Jets from the old days, Mike Ingles................it's Eagles Don, FFS man. :facepalm:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
A few observations

Kipper is dumb as a post, I mean seriously he's ****ing clueless.

Hughson is nauseating. Pretty much blamed the loss on the horrific hit by Scheifele, just couldn't let it go. Favourite part of the night was the absolute disgust in his voice when Komarov missed the top shelf on the PP with about 9 or 10 minutes left. He was distraught, such a homer.

Simpson is shockingly uninformed, just sounded like a moron at times. Laughable preparation.

Cherry talking about one of his favourite Jets from the old days, Mike Ingles................it's Eagles Don, FFS man. :facepalm:

Ron Maclean still can't pronounce Hellebuyck.
He's usually pretty solid with things like that.

Reactions: Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad