Post-Game Talk: Hainsey still in our hearts. Jets beat Leafs and win 3-1

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
That was soooo satisfying. Babs was giving Chevy and the Jets mad respect about their depth in an interview before the game, when asked about Laine he was said there were far too many weapons to be focused on one guy. Toronto already being against the cap has got some serious wheeling and dealing to do if the don’t want to end up like a McDavidless Edmonton in 3 years. I will be pulling for them in the east but I don’t think they have a chance to make it out of the Atlantic.

To be fair the Jets would have not much of a chance to get out of the Atlantic also. TB and the Bruins are seriously good teams that are as good as Nashville. The Leafs had a easy ride to get to the PO's but they have a huge mountain to climb to get anywhere pass the first round.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Oh for sure...love pico di gallo. I make my own when we do fish tacos. A lot of work but the taste is worth it.
latest

Really only a couple minutes of knife work.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I love it. One-eyed dinosaur. We need @kanadalainen to get some official nomenclature here but for now I'm gonna go with cyclopes profanisaurus.

And no, that gif will never, ever, EVER get old. The bald guy camera-right of PMo that chirps in too just makes it perfect ;)

jeremiah_johnson_nodding.gif

Sorry I was busy dealing for a 3 pound bag of cilantro high test.

Alphalackey - you have nailed it. Australopithicus vulgaris pomoeis is my second choice in this case, with Mauritanis coelacanthicus winnipegosis a distant third place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puckatron 3000

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
A few observations

Kipper is dumb as a post, I mean seriously he's ****ing clueless.

Hughson is nauseating. Pretty much blamed the loss on the horrific hit by Scheifele, just couldn't let it go. Favourite part of the night was the absolute disgust in his voice when Komarov missed the top shelf on the PP with about 9 or 10 minutes left. He was distraught, such a homer.

Simpson is shockingly uninformed, just sounded like a moron at times. Laughable preparation.

Cherry talking about one of his favourite Jets from the old days, Mike Ingles................it's Eagles Don, FFS man. :facepalm:
Ya Kipper definitely has something over Sportsnet upper management to keep his job , he's awful . Hope the leafs get to the cup final with us because if the leafs lose in the first round we will get Hughson and Simpson doing all our games . :shakehead

Reactions: Ducky10

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Gotta say i like our D sooooo much better with Trouba in the lineup , even a rusty Trouba makes it better . And major props to Buff playing so good while trying to do Morrow's job as well . Enstrom or Kulikov come back healthy please .

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Got home late from my kids hockey wind up and watched the first two periods so far. I really enjoy watching Lowry, Copp, and either Tanev or Armia going up against the other teams best line. I have never really enjoyed watching a checking line but for some reason they make it entertaining for me. Copp and Lowry are such smart players.

Leafs are a skilled and fast team and when Anderson's going they are tough to beat. I could see them coming out of their division. Tampa has cooled off and they own Boston head to head.

Nice to see the Jets rebound after the howler in Chitown

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What a season for Helly , way to go Chevy for signing Mason . I really think that lit a fire under Helly to get better in the off season , maybe that was Chevy's plan all along . :naughty: Money well spent on Mason , but if Helly had struggled this season whoooo boy . To me Helly is the team MVP not Wheeler and Wheeler has had a great year .

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Ya Kipper definitely has something over Sportsnet upper management to keep his job , he's awful . Hope the leafs get to the cup final with us because if the leafs lose in the first round we will get Hughson and Simpson doing all our games . :shakehead

If Hughson/Simpson cover our games in the playoffs they'll become Jets homers, just like for every team they cover.

Reactions: thereturn

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If Hughson/Simpson cover our games in the playoffs they'll become Jets homers, just like for every team they cover.

They will be doing the Leafs series exclusively until they are eliminated. If the Jets go further then they will do our games.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
The talent is insane. but how could you not doubt? We haven't won a playoff game yet.

That narrative is so old and stale What happened three years ago is no longer relevant. It is ridiculous to keep trotting that out over and over again. This team is not that team.

Example: before the Oilers won their first Stanley Cup they had never won one before. That meant they could not possibly ever win one right? It’s the only logical conclusion one could make :sarcasm:

But hey I understand that it’s been a very successful season and that’s the only negative you’ve got left . It must be making you mad this magical season

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Gotta say i like our D sooooo much better with Trouba in the lineup , even a rusty Trouba makes it better . And major props to Buff playing so good while trying to do Morrow's job as well . Enstrom or Kulikov come back healthy please .
Absolutely. Having Trouba back moves everyone back to their optimum position.

Reactions: Ducky10

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
To be fair the Jets would have not much of a chance to get out of the Atlantic also. TB and the Bruins are seriously good teams that are as good as Nashville. The Leafs had a easy ride to get to the PO's but they have a huge mountain to climb to get anywhere pass the first round.

Couldn't disagree more - I very much like our chances against either Boston or TB - both of which are not as good as Nashville IMO.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
That narrative is so old and stale What happened three years ago is no longer relevant. It is ridiculous to keep trotting that out over and over again. This team is not that team.

Example: before the Oilers won their first Stanley Cup they had never won one before. That meant they could not possibly ever win one right? It’s the only logical conclusion one could make :sarcasm:

But hey I understand that it’s been a very successful season and that’s the only negative you’ve got left . It must be making you mad this magical season
Hey, I'm actually here supporting this team. Few people want this team to win more than I do. The Oilers? they didn't just appear and start winning cups. Same with the Islanders, Hawks etc. I need to see more.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Hey, I'm actually here supporting this team. Few people want this team to win more than I do. The Oilers? they didn't just appear and start winning cups. Same with the Islanders, Hawks etc. I need to see more.

You keep posting that “never win a playoff game” as if nobody here is aware of it and as if it actually means something. Don’t you realize everybody here is aware of it.Why do need to keep repeating as some sort of meaningful stat? That is something a Leaf fan would do.

For most of us winning a single playoff game means very little. Winning four games is what really matters

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad