Confirmed with Link: Hagel & two 4ths ('22 & '24) traded to TB for Raddysh, Katchouk, & two 1sts ('23 & '24)

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
A 28 year old Brandon Hagel could very likely mean he's filled out more, better at battles, better on the puck and in a prime where he can be a more dominant player on both sides of the ice...which he is already pretty good at!

Assuming he's at or near his prime at 23 is silly. A better version of him a few years down the road is exactly the kind of guy who wins cups that you want on your time even at a stout price tag.

Then the hawks can sign him then

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
A 28 year old Brandon Hagel could very likely mean he's filled out more, better at battles, better on the puck and in a prime where he can be a more dominant player on both sides of the ice...which he is already pretty good at!

Assuming he's at or near his prime at 23 is silly. A better version of him a few years down the road is exactly the kind of guy who wins cups that you want on your time even at a stout price tag.
There are risks, sure. But that's what happens when you make trades.

As long as the return is good enough, we can live with that risk; at least for now.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Oh my. Raddysh is back with DeBrincat and Strome. @Kevin Musto is about to go nuts.

image-1024x995.jpeg

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Or, you know, have him develop a few years of chemistry & leadership with a team around him doing just the same. How many players on the Hawks right now are anywhere near as consistent game to game as Hagel? Cat and....?? And that consistency is that he's consistently good.

Chemistry with who? 37 year old Patrick Kane?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
So how fast do yall think Tampa gonna be elite for? Any chance they suck by the time the 23-24 season rolls around???

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Man the hawks are going to awful next year after this trade deadline. It’s not like they good now but next year is going to be rough.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Is this good?
Yeah it's good.

Davidson successfully Hagel'd Tampa.

First of all, I wish Hagel the best of luck over there. Genuinely hope he wins the Cup.

But yeah, Chicago signed Hagel for nothing, then turned him into two 1st round picks, and two decent players. Are Raddysh and Katchouk as good as Hagel? No. But they're young wingers, with size, on ELCs. That's ultimately good for Chicago. These are players that can be useful in a rebuild. And I like that Davidson avoided the 2022 1st, and went for 2023 + 2024.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Well at least it's two firsts and both of Raddysh and Katchouk.

Replenishes the forward prospect core a little, although we just got much slower.

Still hate that we traded him. People saying what a scoop we got him for free ok, but he's more likely a part of the core in 3 years than any of the assets we just got.

If we are going to truly trade everyone and everything then they better get on moving all the vet defense out.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Davidson got 2 1st round picks in that 2023 draft which is going to be a very good one. Well done. Our pick should be very high since we will likely suck even more next year (and hopefully CBJ doesn't win the lottery with our current pick) and a lower 1st from TB but will still get a very good prospect in a loaded draft. Giddy up.

I wonder if Hawks brass feel 2022 is a weak draft so they asked for 2023 and 2024 instead. I love it. Katchouk is pretty promising young player too. Let's see if Raddysh can rekindle the magic with his Erie teammates. I bet both DeBrincat and Strome are ecstatic right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad