Player Discussion Had Pettersson Regressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
He needs to start producing. We have an easy schedule in december.We have a good atmosphere right now . There is no better period to start producing. January is going to be tough.

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
His first two seasons he was a PPG player. In his third season (last year) he was close to PPG until he got injured and was out for the rest of the year.
This year so far (ever since the injury) he's trash, < .5PPG. Looks like a different (and much worse) player. If he'd started his career like this he'd probably be in the minors now.
I suspect there's a lingering injury issue here messing with his mind.

He's young and there's room for optimism that he'll bounce back. I was ready to ditch another underperforming, undersized star (Hughes) last year too... he's making me eat my words this year.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I fully believe that he is going to turn a corner and score at a 100 point pace the rest of the season but it just doesn’t happen. When do I stop believing he will come back to normal?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I don’t know… I’ve notice him trying these last two games, I think he’ll turn it around. I think there was somethings going on behind the scenes with Pettersson, management and coaching because he seems happier since the firings.

Has he really looked any better in the last 3 games?

His return to where he was and then some progression and development is extremely important for this franchise.

The dreams and hopes from this past summer seem to be just that.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
The team has cut away all the cancer eating away at the players. Everyone including Pettersson will see turnaround in their game.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Pettersson apparently switched back to his old stick, a shorter one then the one he has been using this year

Can this guy figure out his equipment please

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Rather concerning that he is having his worst season at age 22-23. Most star forwards are in their prime years by this age. Just look at the production of any of the league's current or past stars at age 23.

Reactions: Betelgeuse and Peen

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yes he was much better after the firing of Green
People who disagree are just in denial

Perhaps but that bar is way too low.

The expectations for Petey should be a PPG who is one of the offensive Cathy lists for the Canucks and I just haven’t seen that player yet for any consistent time yet.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Pettersson’s skating is the real issue. He can’t create and time and space. Hopefully he gets back on track.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Rather concerning that he is having his worst season at age 22-23. Most star forwards are in their prime years by this age. Just look at the production of any of the league's current or past stars at age 23.

I'm not trying to compare him to Mackinnon but he's an example of a player who came out the gate hot as a rookie, and his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seasons were just OK before blowing up in his 5th.

Pettersson came out the gate hot in his rookie year, improved slightly the 2nd, and then wrote off his 3rd due to injury. His 4th is going OK. What will his 5th bring?

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I'm not trying to compare him to Mackinnon but he's an example of a player who came out the gate hot as a rookie, and his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seasons were just OK before blowing up in his 5th.

Pettersson came out the gate hot in his rookie year, improved slightly the 2nd, and then wrote off his 3rd due to injury. His 4th is going OK. What will his 5th bring?

His 4th season isn’t “ok” though. He’s been terrible so far.

Reactions: bh53 and Kreator

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
His 4th season isn’t “ok” though. He’s been terrible so far.

Probably because of his season ending injury in his 3rd year. He's turning it around, albeit slowly. By the end of the year I'd bet he'll have at least 40-45 points.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
To hit 45 points he needs 32 points in his next 54 games. Id be very disappointed if he didnt hit 45 points.

Reactions: bh53

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
To hit 45 points he needs 32 points in his next 54 games. Id be very disappointed if he didnt hit 45 points.

I'm being cautiously optimistic that he'll exceed my low prediction. I definitely think he'll go on some tears where he has multi point nights.

I genuinely think that going back to his old stick and that shootout goal will help him break the funk that he's been in.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Seeing more moments of EP being decisive and crisp with the puck. But still too much "paralysis through analysis" in his game.

BB has been stressing shoot the puck since he got here. Think that's exactly what EP needs to be hearing right now.

rypper

Dec 22, 2006
Seeing more moments of EP being decisive and crisp with the puck. But still too much "paralysis through analysis" in his game.

BB has been stressing shoot the puck since he got here. Think that's exactly what EP needs to be hearing right now.

Last game in the OT when we were on the powerplay there was so much of this. Every time the puck went to him you'd hope he'd lay into a one timer but he'd hesitate and pass it back to Hughes.

I said to myself that they should have put Hoglander or Garland out instead. But I do think they need to keep pumping him out there and he'll find his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad