LeBrun: Habs working on moves to clear cap space

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Byron, Chiarot and Edmundson were all good signings until the former 2 got wrecked by injuries rofl. Do you just not sign players because they might get injured? Was Marc Savard a terrible signing because Matt Cooke decided to bodyslam his head?

Last edited:
Reactions: Just Linda

bretpatrick7

Apr 17, 2015
I can see the Habs MAYBE moving Allen to the Sabres? Or trying to find a home for Edmondson or Chiarot
Everything in this sentence is wrong. Allen was brought in to support Price and he has been very solid, so he isnt getting traded. Chiarot is injured so he isn't going anywhere and Edmunston isnt going anywhere because Chiarot is injured, but also because he has been very good with Petry and habs dont have much depth on Defense especially with Chiarot injured.

Reactions: BLONG7

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Everything in this sentence is wrong. Allen was brought in to support Price and he has been very solid, so he isnt getting traded. Chiarot is injured so he isn't going anywhere and Edmunston isnt going anywhere because Chiarot is injured, but also because he has been very good with Petry and habs dont have much depth on Defense especially with Chiarot injured.

We are talking money and Allen is nearly getting starting money. Habs have 19% of their cap tied up in net

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I can see the Habs MAYBE moving Allen to the Sabres? Or trying to find a home for Edmondson or Chiarot

They're not moving Allen more than likely Lehkonen. RFA this year. Good pker, never takes a shift off 4th liner.

Expect Habs to pick up a D if they can.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I will make this sound very much like a video game here so I apologize.

Habs traded to pick up Staal.

Danault traded to Colorado for a 1st. He is a player who I think could put Colorado over the top and they have the available cap space to easily sign him to an extension.

Trade Montreal’s 1st and a good prospect like Norlinder or Harris for Ekholm.

Currently Ekholm only makes 700k a year more than Danault.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Man if Bergy can pull a rabit out of his a$$ and get Ekholm that would be really good to balance things out.

Tatar - Danault- Gally
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Toffoli - KK - Caufield
Byron/Lehky - Staal - Perry

Ekholm - Weber
Eddy - Petry
Kulak - Romanov

I'm pretty sure Berg is trying to move one or 2 of Lehky, Armia, Byron and Mete.

Armia + Struble + 2nd rounder?

Get that PMD Bergy come on!

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
I will make this sound very much like a video game here so I apologize.

Habs traded to pick up Staal.

Danault traded to Colorado for a 1st. He is a player who I think could put Colorado over the top and they have the available cap space to easily sign him to an extension.

Trade Montreal’s 1st and a good prospect like Norlinder or Harris for Ekholm.

Currently Ekholm only makes 700k a year more than Danault.
No one is giving us a 1st for Danault. He's been playing badly this year, he's a UFA, he declined a 6mil 5year contract and publicly stated he doesn't want a defensive only role and wants to be an offensive 1st line center.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
the obvious play is that they're trying to move byron, the crazier move is that they're trying to dump tatar or danault. They also need help help at LD with chiarot injured
They’ve needed help on LD for almost 4 years before Chiarot got injured...

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I don't think Byron is getting moved. Could see Weal and Lehkonen getting dumped somewhere though, maybe Chiarot as well. I don't like the contract Edmundson has but he's been a pretty good partner for Petry and they just signed him so unless Bergevin is trading for Ekholm or something I think he's getting protected at ED.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad