Post-Game Talk: Habs win two of their last three! (2-1 @ NYR)

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
AC just showed the following list of Habs prospects:

O3egdh7.jpg

And did a roundtable asking who should be made available in a trade?

Unanimous answer: all of them.

Brunet: he's intrigued by Suzuki, thinks he's making strides but is not willing to not make him available.

Gaston: if Jersey selects just one from the list, you make the deal for Hall.

There's not a chance Hall ends up in Montreal. There are other teams who are legitimate contenders that will easily outbid Bergevin. Even in the highly unlikely scenario he does land in Montreal, he'll be gone in the off-season to UFA.

Hall will not push this team very far, even assuming a playoff spot may be in the cards, and we'll lose valuable assets in the process.

Reactions: gillyguzzler

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
2 wins in last 3 games? That's insane. Who are these guys? Who put them together?! Marc Bergevin, that's who! He, oh the best evaluator of talent, who works harder than any other GM in the league. He, oh the purple pants one that wins all his trades. Sigh... A sucky win in the last minute against equally sucky team sure must be a cause for celebration.

Haven't watched the game, just the highlights. Looks like it was a total snoozefest. Hue-don even hit a post, I think. That probably guarantees him at least 10 next games.

Clod's genius knows no boundaries.

Man... do I even feel depressed when I read the names that comprised the Habs lines tonight.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That's a huge effort, but I never inferred that Danault was a "X" liners. My original post wasn't even about Danault specifically, I merely stated that ~62 points wasn't what it used to be.

If we want to make it about Danault then I'm going to say that if the Habs plan is to use Danault the way they use him now for years to come, then the team missed the boat (as far as where the league is going) once again.

The post of mine that you quoted was in response to a post saying Danault is a 3rd liner.

He's tied for 69th in points per game for forwards while shutting down the opposition's best lines.

Reactions: jaffy27

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That's a huge effort, but I never inferred that Danault was a "X" liners. My original post wasn't even about Danault specifically, I merely stated that ~62 points wasn't what it used to be.

If we want to make it about Danault then I'm going to say that if the Habs plan is to use Danault the way they use him now for years to come, then the team missed the boat (as far as where the league is going) once again.

Btw, what are you saying "then the team missed the boat (as far as where the league is going) once again."

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There's not a chance Hall ends up in Montreal. There are other teams who are legitimate contenders that will easily outbid Bergevin. Even in the highly unlikely scenario he does land in Montreal, he'll be gone in the off-season to UFA.

Hall will not push this team very far, even assuming a playoff spot may be in the cards, and we'll lose valuable assets in the process.

I don't see it either. I think we're going to have to keep working with this batch of prospects and the ones coming up in the next draft or two.

Reactions: DangerDave and abo9

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
AC just showed the following list of Habs prospects:

O3egdh7.jpg

And did a roundtable asking who should be made available in a trade?

Unanimous answer: all of them.

Brunet: he's intrigued by Suzuki, thinks he's making strides but is not willing to not make him available.

Gaston: if Jersey selects just one from the list, you make the deal for Hall.

Jersey really doesn't need centers. They're looking for D (especially Left D) and, of course, goaltending. I have to presume Primeau and Romanov would be at the top of the list for them. Maybe Brook or Fleury.

And, they want a 1st, and maybe a roster player.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Jersey really doesn't need centers. They're looking for D (especially Left D) and, of course, goaltending. I have to presume Primeau and Romanov would be at the top of the list for them. Maybe Brook or Fleury.

And, they want a 1st, and maybe a roster player.

Primeau's from their neck of the woods, so that might add a little more interest for them.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
2 wins in last 3 games? That's insane. Who are these guys? Who put them together?! Marc Bergevin, that's who! He, oh the best evaluator of talent, who works harder than any other GM in the league. He, oh the purple pants one that wins all his trades. Sigh... A sucky win in the last minute against equally sucky team sure must be a cause for celebration.

Haven't watched the game, just the highlights. Looks like it was a total snoozefest. Hue-don even hit a post, I think. That probably guarantees him at least 10 next games.

Clod's genius knows no boundaries.

Man... do I even feel depressed when I read the names that comprised the Habs lines tonight.

Prepare for this doozy.. we got a 1-game win streak baby!

48478F86-5E40-4013-BBEB-F58F1F7AE95D.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is some of the stickwork at the faceoff circle at the end of the first, that I was referring to earlier in the Pierre Houde mâche-patates post, between Brendan Lemieux and Max Domi:

They traded several more swipes.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Weber puck in the face incident and the resulting clean up job:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gallagher showing support for Leskinen after the latter's botched play:

And Gallagher the warrior with a block although I'm not a fan of offensive players sacrificing their bodies like that:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
was it appropriate ? I missed the game.

Brunet did find a good example of Domi not playing adequately in his zone and broke down the sequence to show what a center's assignment should be.

However, Domi did execute a couple of nice plays that almost led to goals. One of them was this smart pass to Petry:

RandR

May 15, 2011
From what I saw (only the 3rd period) it was a well-earned win on the road against a team winning most of its games recently.

This team is going to have to battle hard for every win this year. If they do make the playoffs it will be a credit to hard work and coaching because they certainly lack both high-end scorers and depth.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yuck. I don't want to trade Primeau to NJ for Hall. Let NJ burn with all their 1st OV's. In fact, I don't want Hall on the Habs anyways as it impedes the rebuild.

I wouldn't make Primeau available either but some posters think he's replaceable just because the Habs have lucked out on finding goalies.

Reactions: Gravity

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
53pts last year and on pace for 62pts this year pretty much all of them 5 on 5 against the best line and he's not a top6 on a contender!!!!LOLL... You guys are funny!!
It's cute how you use on pace like it's a valid argument. A couple of games ago he was on pace to be an AHL player. Where was your on pace nonsense then?

He had a career year and so did a whole bunch of guys on this team, now everyone's falling back to earth and you want to pretend he's Bergeron.

Another bad stretch and you'll all disappear again.

Reactions: c0smic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad