Post-Game Talk: Habs win their first in God awful blue jerseys in afternoon matchup against Bo Horvat.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
RHP has to get some more love in this thread, kid's a gamer, he was in the midst of everything tonight on both sides of the puck. He's been nothing but great since his call up. Good for him!

Indeed.....but although his streak is impressive, still can't figure out where he fits down the road.
Habs will have to make some decision at some point.

RHP = 5'9'' \ 181
Gallagher = 5'9''\ 186
Caufield = 5'7'' \ 174
Farrell = 5'9'' \ 175

That's a whole lot of small players.....and small players, as good as they can be.....they mostly have to be use as top 6 players to be effective at the NHL Level. Habs won't be to keep them all.....but RHP, he's NHLer

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
RIP reverse retros, and condolences to those who bought the sweater. You know what to do …

1676170208664.gif

WG

Sep 9, 2008
In the backdrop is a once in a decade (or decades) generational draft but management couldn't be bothered so not losing sleep over it.
Management is doing its part, the lineup today had three guys who are credible top 9 forwards and they are playing with a ton of rookies on D in front of a waiver wire goalie.

Finishing last is hard because so many teams are terrible.

It's not like they can make the team worse by trading vets, most of them would be addition by subtraction.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Management is doing its part, the lineup today had three guys who are credible top 9 forwards and they are playing with a ton of rookies on D in front of a waiver wire goalie.

Finishing last is hard because so many teams are terrible.

It's not like they can make the team worse by trading vets, most of them would be addition by subtraction.
Beg to differ. Point I was making is that they’ve not made any major trades yet but look to be more concerned with getting the right deal done.

It’s understandable but I’m guessing there are probably trades they could make, if they wanted to, as there are several rumors swirling and some have to do with players like Savard who Hughes is reportedly not keen on moving.

Unlike teams like the Hawks who have traded away major pieces that have had a direct result on game outcomes, Habs have made no such moves.

It has nothing to do with trading toxic assets who happen to be vets but players who can impact the outcome of a game.

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Indeed.....but although his streak is impressive, still can't figure out where he fits down the road.

RHP = 5'9'' \ 181
Gallagher = 5'9''\ 186
Caufield = 5'7'' \ 174
Farrell = 5'9'' \ 175

That's a whole lot of small players.....and small players, as good as they can be.....they mostly have to be use as top 6 players to be effective at the NHL Level. Habs won't be to keep them all.....but RHP, he's NHLer
Gallagher will be on LTIR soon enough

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

RHP = 5'9'' \ 181
Gallagher = 5'9''\ 186
Caufield = 5'7'' \ 174
Farrell = 5'9'' \ 175

If we could only get rid of ONE of them. :whine:

There's something unnatural about having to be disappointed by a win.

I get it, but it's a crummy system. I didn't become a fan of this team by hoping for them to lose.
Oh I know but I anesthetized myself last season and it hasn't worn off yet.

Last edited:

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
That’s a nice jacket. Lil Wayne’s sidekick said it’s a bill.

Where I get that?
Lil Wayne’s sidekick hahaha. And idk probably have to steal his from coat check, can’t see anything online looking like that for less than 300.

• Love
Reactions: the

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You have to admit it's hard not to be a little bit disappointed with the draft being what it is. Not much to look forward to otherwise. I don't know about you but I've seen enough progression out of the players I wanted to so looking at the bottom as the top comes natural at this point.
Im certainly not throwing around fist pumps as we are winning games but i am looking at the big picture and i know we are playing some tough tough teams heading down the stretch.

Boston x2
Caroline x3
Washington x 1
Florida x2
Tampa x 2
Toronto x2
Pittsburg x 1
New Jersey x 2
NYR x 1
Colorado x 1
In NY vs Islanders
Ottawa once and they ALWAYS play us tough.
Edmonton x 1

And then the west coast California trip that spells disaster for the last 2 decades

Vancouver may have lost their spirit but it’s only a matter of time we do the same, especially after trade deadline.

We by far have the toughest schedule of all the last teams.

It’s why I sleep soundly at night time :cool:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If we could only get rid of ONE of them. :whine:

Yeah, at one point we will need to talk about Gallagher's case.
Even if healthy, his contract is a problem......if he don't LTIR, I think HuGo will have to bite that bullet and either try to trade him with a good retention (2/2.5) or rebuy that contract.

Gallagher will be on LTIR soon enough
We can only hope......but the question is really, what we do if doesn't!

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I'm realistic. Outside of CC (who has the potential), none of those players are gamebreakers or have that potential. We're not trash, we're worse. We're mediocre.
CC’s shooting shoulder has been destroyed…

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Watching him tonight, there’s not much to miss. They traded him at the right moment. His ceiling is very clearly 2nd pairing with no offence to speak of.
Islander fans aren't too excited about him either and many would rather have the draft pick. The isles aren't a very impressive team, they reminded me of the Minnesota Wild during the Koivu years.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK

RHP = 5'9'' \ 181
Gallagher = 5'9''\ 186
Caufield = 5'7'' \ 174
Farrell = 5'9'' \ 175

Gallagher to the 4th line.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Good to see offense from blue line. Harris scored twice and Barron/Matheson scored yesterday. We haven't had offense from Blueline since Weber. But secondary scoring is big part of successful team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad