Post-Game Talk: Habs win opener, lose Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
It is really sad. I'm working while re-watching the game in the back ground. The boys played well, but sadly (understandable) that's being overlooked.

Not going to lie, I went to bed pretty bummed out. I understand better now how Toronto fans must had felt with JT (the injury part... never mind the circumstances) and was concerned for Evans as a human being.

Hearing now he may be ok does make me feel better so I think mentally, I'll be fine going into Friday's game. Thinking back objectively to last night, we did play well overall except for maybe a few, ok, just one player. Price made a couple great saves, but he did look ordinary on a couple goals. Better to not be in god mode last night since we scored so many goals.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Not going to lie, I went to bed pretty bummed out. I understand better now how Toronto fans must had felt with JT (the injury part... never mind the circumstances) and was concerned for Evans as a human being.

Hearing now he may be ok does make me feel better so I think mentally, I'll be fine going into Friday's game. Thinking back objectively to last night, we did play well overall except for maybe a few, ok, just one player. Price made a couple great saves, but he did look ordinary on a couple goals. Better to not be in god mode last night since we scored so many goals.

I personally didn't sleep well last night. I stayed up late trying to find out as much information about Evans as I could. Agreed, even though I hate the Leafs. Seeing what happened to Evans gave me a much better understanding of what their fan base went through. Though seeing the JT injury, I did forget about my hatred for awhile. Only thinking of JT as a person, and wishing for a healthy return.

Seeing/hearing that Evans is doing okay, does make me feel better too. As a fan of the team, it will be tough to push the image out of my head. I'm hoping I'll be able to atleast push it aside for now. So I can go back to cheering on our boys. Overall I agree, we did play a good game, with the odd mistake here and there. Getting to re-see things like the Weber breakaway, Suzuki goal and some of the great saves by Price. Are definitely helping to put me in a better mood. True, Price definitely wasn't in "God mode". He played well enough for us to win. So overall I'm happy.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
During the trade rumours earlier in the season, some people were talking him up to be some franchise centerman, a guaranteed #1C throughout the league. Guess we'll see.

I do think he's good, but the level some people held him at was mind-blowing.
The weird thing about Dubois is he has this completely fabricated reputation of being a good two way player when he's not good defensively at all. I think it's literally just because he's big lmao

Jul 6, 2016
During the trade rumours earlier in the season, some people were talking him up to be some franchise centerman, a guaranteed #1C throughout the league. Guess we'll see.

I do think he's good, but the level some people held him at was mind-blowing.

Dubois was playing very, very well and was a force in seasons before during Playoffs. He is forced to play LW, and he is not suited for that.

Jul 6, 2016
I personally didn't sleep well last night. I stayed up late trying to find out as much information about Evans as I could. Agreed, even though I hate the Leafs. Seeing what happened to Evans gave me a much better understanding of what their fan base went through. Though seeing the JT injury, I did forget about my hatred for awhile. Only thinking of JT as a person, and wishing for a healthy return.

Seeing/hearing that Evans is doing okay, does make me feel better too. As a fan of the team, it will be tough to push the image out of my head. I'm hoping I'll be able to atleast push it aside for now. So I can go back to cheering on our boys. Overall I agree, we did play a good game, with the odd mistake here and there. Getting to re-see things like the Weber breakaway, Suzuki goal and some of the great saves by Price. Are definitely helping to put me in a better mood. True, Price definitely wasn't in "God mode". He played well enough for us to win. So overall I'm happy.

The difference is that Tavares was injured accidentally... Evans was victim of a murder attempt.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Encouraging news that he didn't go to the hospital. It may not be as bad as we thought. I hope he can go on Friday, but at least if Leks is ready, that doesn't upset the lineup too much. They play very similar styles and both are fast, good forecheckers. I think Leks is bigger. I know they're different positions, but he wasn't really playing much centre anyway.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’m loving how useless and irrelevant Dubois has been in these playoffs so far. He looked like a real punk out there skating around trying to start shit after the hit on Evans. The fact that he’s gonna have to be thrusted into the #1 C position for maybe a couple games is really good for us.
I’m so glad Bergevin went all “thanks but no thanks” when Jarmo wanted Suzuki.

Jul 6, 2016
Encouraging news that he didn't go to the hospital. It may not be as bad as we thought. I hope he can go on Friday, but at least if Leks is ready, that doesn't upset the lineup too much. They play very similar styles and both are fast, good forecheckers. I think Leks is bigger. I know they're different positions, but he wasn't really playing much centre anyway.

Leks is not bigger. He is actually lighter.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
'

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

that poster makes no sense, why are you attacking something that you've already killed? You can't kill it twice

Like if you're going to create a nonsensical rah rah poster at least make it coherent and arrange it Hunt, Attack, Kill.
yeah, seems like fake to me.

Jul 6, 2016

the gy has 4 concussions over the last two seasons. He could became the next Shaw. Short NHL carreer and long term effects. It,s no laughing matter.

ReginaHabs

Jan 7, 2021
So it's REALLY their poster??? Holy shit. That's bad.

Yup. Here's another view of it:
E29bIteWQAco9gm

I laughed out loud when I read it the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad