May 18, 2012
Matthews on the bench after that epic 2 on 0 in OT:

muTXJDM.jpg
Must've gotten it from his dad :laugh::laugh:
nostrils.jpg

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Assuming all healthy in the playoffs except Drouin cause we don't know when he'll be back.

Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Anderson - KK - Caufield
Perry - Staal - Evans

Edmunson - Petry
Chiarot - Weber
Romanov - Merril

If Drouin is back I honestly don't know if I have him in the line up. Almost solely because I want Evans for PK.

Danault - Armia
Evans - Toffoli
Staal? - Suzuki?

Is it the most smilled no, but that's a deep forward group, take in 2/3 of our 3rd line from the playoffs last year will be scratched.

Extras are Byron, Lehkonen, Frolik, Kulak, Gustafson.
Don't agree with Armia with Suzuki , yes it ''kinda works'' right now but Armia is not the reason of the success of that line.

Suzuki and Toffoli are carrying him. Gallagher should be the third player with them. Suzuki pass the puck , Gallagher plays close to the net Toffoli is the shooter. Perfect combo.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Boys I'm seeing Leafs fans being pissed at us cause of the way we played our OT! At least we had a strategy. Earlier this year we were an abomination in OT.

And they actually think we did that just cause the Habs were afraid of Sub-Marner/ManBearPig yet these two go tons of chances one they were 2 against zero and missed it. A team that plays safe do not give chances like that. No the Habs just played smart and were trying to create chances. Earlier in the year we rushed things and it was a horror show.

These guys have such an ego, they think everything is about them.

3 on 3 is a clown show, and with that comes clown tactics.

It sickens me that the habs have dropped a boatload of points in these sessions. I understand that the idea is to break ties, but they give these sessions far too much weight. It's so far from actual hockey.

In 3 on 3, I think it's typically a disadvantage to win the opening draw because the opposition can quickly reset into defensive mode, and they are all in position.

If the team winning the draw takes their chance, it's usually not a great one compared to the counterattack, when guys are often caught up ice.

Instead the habs are winning possession off the faceoff, and not taking a chance unless its given to them.

This is how backwards 3 on 3 is. You are better off losing the draw and counterattack, unless you do what the habs do, which is wait for a breakdown before taking their chance.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Laff fans pissed that we hogged the puck for the whole overtime. They actually used that word, hogged. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

How do you hog a puck from an opponent? Should we have passed it to them? If it was their sissy ass players who did it, they would praise them and laugh about how the Habs couldn't touch the puck.

The laffs were so frustrated that a $22.5 million pile of shit comprised of Nostrildamus and Michelle Marner flubbed a 2 on 0. What a great night!

Thanks for putting the word Nostrildamus in my mind forever whenever I see a Matthews pic :)

Reactions: Habano and Runner77

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Caufield OT hero. Next OT: Dumbinic Ducharme: "let's start again with Danault, and whatever".

Ducharme needs to play Caufield MORE.

That said, I'm glad to see us win again! Caufield is awesome!

Danault got us to overtime and the habs are doing better with gaining session in overtime and keeping possession.

It allowed toffolli a break against gassed leafs

I gots no problem with it.

Reactions: CAUFIELD

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Not to downplay the shot ( which was great) but you gotta give petry some props for the work at the line to get to the boards to then find the streaking caufield.

We also have to deal with giving up a 2-0 and that strange sequence in front of our net before we scored.

It was entertaining, but it was not great hockey in overtime.

Reactions: blarneylad

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Not to downplay the shot ( which was great) but you gotta give petry some props for the work at the line to get to the boards to then find the streaking caufield.

We also have to deal with giving up a 2-0 and that strange sequence in front of our net before we scored.

It was entertaining, but it was not great hockey in overtime.
3 on 3 is a weird style of hockey.....gotta admit it's great when ya win though!!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I watched the behind the draft video and at 15 MB asks “ we picking! Who we picking? . Timmins is just sitting there while Churla is saying “Caufiled, we picking Caufield!!”
Make of that what you will I ain’t giving credit to Timmins for that pick.

It was an absolute no brainer move. All the fans in Philly were FURIOUS when they passed Caufield, and a vast majority of posters on the board here wanted Caufield at that spot.

Timmins deserve credit for picks like Romanov, but Caufield ?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Allen likely wants the first goal back, but after that he was lights out and is the main reason we got two points. He made a couple of huge breakaway saves that kept us in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad