Post-Game Talk: Habs WIN in OT CAUFIELDDD

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Yeah personally I feel for JD but professionally he is simply not very good.
Absolutely agreed, and there should be able to be discussions about it, as we move forward.
really hoping Seattle will take this guy off our hands.
I doubt it will happen and the guy will be put on LTIR or retire...

Anyhow, a 3 game win streak!! 5 games left, are you guys hoping we pass the Jets and stay there? Oilers or Leafs in the first round.....let's hope we get healthy.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Crazy game. Thought we were the better team for a lot of it but just couldn't bury our chances. Caufield, Staal, Lehkonen, Chiarot, and Anderson all with grade A shots but just couldn't put it in.

Then Danault comes out in the last minute, WINS THE DRAW (!!!!), and scores a rare goal to tie it. He definitely earned his accolades this game.

In OT, the greatest duo to ever lace up skates walks in on our backup goalie 2 on 0 and completely fumbles it. Surprised the Leafs fans haven't come up with a conspiracy that our ice-makers intentionally left a gouge in the ice exactly where Matthews stick was so he couldn't score.

Then Cole hops off the bench and buries a bomb, nearly dislodging my shoulder from it's socket with the fervency of my fist pumps.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Don't know which is more dramatic, Poehling coming in and scoring 3 + winner in extra time or Caufield with his 2 first NHL goals in 5 games being OT winners back to back

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
Crazy game. Thought we were the better team for a lot of it but just couldn't bury our chances. Caufield, Staal, Lehkonen, Chiarot, and Anderson all with grade A shots but just couldn't put it in.

Then Danault comes out in the last minute, WINS THE DRAW (!!!!), and scores a rare goal to tie it. He definitely earned his accolades this game.

In OT, the greatest duo to ever lace up skates walks in on our backup goalie 2 on 0 and completely fumbles it. Surprised the Leafs fans haven't come up with a conspiracy that our ice-makers intentionally left a gouge in the ice exactly where Matthews stick was so he couldn't score.

Then Cole hops off the bench and buries a bomb, nearly dislodging my shoulder from it's socket with the fervency of my fist pumps.
According to a leaf fan that 2 on 0 is only a once in a lifetime event . Like seeing a unicorn . :laugh: lol lol

Reactions: Habano

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Wait until Weber is back and they don't learn their lesson and we begin sucking anus again

Sadly, the options to break up Chiaweb are not very enticing. Romanov is obviously not ready to play top 4 in the playoffs, so you’re left with Merill or Kulak?? I just hope they’re going to at least leave him off the PP for the rest of the year and realize Weber is a 3rd pairing dman for next year so trade him or acquire a dman in consequence.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah personally I feel for JD but professionally he is simply not very good.

I don’t agree. He was playing very good hockey the first 25 games then after the COVID break he did a 180. He was also very good in the play-ins/playoffs. The effort was there and then it wasn’t. Hopefully this absence helps clear his head or whatever he needs.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
New Playoff Numbers:

IF THE CANUCKS GO, THE HABS HAVE TO GO:

9-1 (59 PTS) 1-4 (59 PTS)
10 - 0 (61 PTS) 2-3 (61 PTS)

MAGIC NUMBER 2 REG WINS (OR 4 PTS)

IF THE FLAMES GO, THE HABS HAVE TO GO:

5-1 (57 PTS) 1-4 (59 PTS)
6-0 (59 PTS) 2-3 (61 PTS)

MAGIC NUMBER: 2 REG WINS (OR 3 PTS)

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Habs had some real grade A chances......and were the better team, but Campbell was very good.
Leaf fans are a sooky bunch today for sure....never gets old.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
I don’t agree. He was playing very good hockey the first 25 games then after the COVID break he did a 180. He was also very good in the play-ins/playoffs. The effort was there and then it wasn’t. Hopefully this absence helps clear his head or whatever he needs.
The whole team was playing "very good hockey" for the first bit. He was simply a product of the good start the team had. Your true skill only shows when the team needs it the most, in tough times.

Reactions: dnl4ever

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Habs had some real grade A chances......and were the better team, but Campbell was very good.
Leaf fans are a sooky bunch today for sure....never gets old.
Campbell is solid. I've never believed in Freddie Anderson on their side, so when Campbell got in and started playing well it was sucky to watch because it seemed like the Leafs finally figured that out as well.

Hard to say what they do for the playoffs. I'd stick with Campbell.

Reactions: Vachon23 and BLONG7

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The whole team was playing "very good hockey" for the first bit. He was simply a product of the good start the team had. Your true skill only shows when the team needs it the most, in tough times.

Then you’re looking for something that wasn’t there. He was producing and backchecking hard. The team was hot for 10 games. He was still good after that.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Leafs have injured Habs a few times this season, numbers were taken and targets will light up come playoff time when whistles quiet down a little.

Brodie?

Same as Matthews with the knee, he knoooooows what he's doing he has high IQ and a beautiful stride.

Look at him admiring his accidental collision work after Andy goes down.

Yeah, Brodie again. Such a dirty player. Cheapshot.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
That replay of the Evans and Lehkonen 2 on 1 is painful. Lehk had the entire net to shoot at and he shot it right at Campbell. Such a frustrating player. We thought we had a 2nd liner in his rookie year but he’s a borderline 3rd liner.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad