GDT: Habs @ Wild II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Habs playing like an untuned old beater car. Tonight's going to be a rough ride.

Mike Klee Taurus

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm just wondering here, someone help me if you can, I'll give the war room benefit of the doubt, he touched puck under the crossbar BUT, Don't the rules state if you touch a puck OVER your shoulders the play shall be blown dead for playing it with a high stick? Therefore, You can't score with a stick straight up in the air over your ****in head

I think it's different if it's a goal or playing the puck.

"Inconclusive" it couldn't be anymore ****ing conclusive unless Pominville called them on his cell to let them know it was a high stick.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I hate when mods close threads while I'm typing a post and get the closed thread message.. :rant:

You are all David Desharnais to me now. :)

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Beaulieu or Tinordi better be called up soon. Allen is just bad.
D should have Tinordi or beaulieu rotate in to play with Subban and have Weaver and Gilbert rotating spot 6

Subban - Tinordi/Beaulieu
Markov - Gonchar
Emelin - Gilbert/Weaver

Adjust according to who we playing against.

If there were any justice...

Beaulieu - Subban
Markov - Tinordi
Emelin - Gonchar

Trade Gilbert, dump Allen to Hamilton and let Weaver be the 7th D.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Habs will get shutout again. This team is terrible... Time to tank for Mcdavid

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
The apparent ruling was while his stick was high, the puck deflected off the shaft that was below the crossbar. From one angle, I can sort of see that, though it's a damn stretch. Problem is it was a goal on the ice, so they needed absolute proof to overturn it. If we were playing better, I might feel differently but we don't deserve this game.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, saying it was below crossbar

But there is no debating pominville struck the puck with his stick over his head while he is still standing on his two feet, the crossbar is only the reference if point of contact is BELOW the shoulders. The stick was straight up over his head, therefore over the shoulders, if that happens at center ice, the play would have been blown dead

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How come the mods in this thread have all the hot women avatars?

- Lou Briccant

YYZviaYUL

Aug 9, 2014
So the Sekac/Eller line seems to be generating scoring chances in the 3rd... We can expect them to be split up next shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad