Value of: Habs want to trade our 2018 First Round Draft Pick - what can we get?

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Habs would be wise not to trade their pick. This is reminding me of the Leafs before they admitted defeat and broke it down. Habs are a mess after 10+ years of bad drafting and bad deals, even Drouin-Sergechev is starting to look bad.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Leafs offer JVR + Bozak. Top 6 LW and 6, instantly adds real depth to the team and about 85-100 points to their offense. Leafs hope the pick is in the top 10 and they can add another impact defensive prospect.

Sorry... come on. Not both. You get JVR for the 1st. Bozak will run you more.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
I can't tell who's in a worst position for the future, the Canucks or the Habs... Both prospect pools aren't the best.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
No way we should ever trade this 1st round pick. The cupboard is bare of any blue chip prospects. I don’t mind some of our prospects but we don’t have anyone like say Sergachev right now. Keep that first.

If the losing continues we need to blow this team up......

Patches and Weber for Puljajarvi, Nuge and nurse and 1st
Galch for Hanifin
Gallagher for a first to highest bidder
Plekanec not resigned
Make a strong play for Tavares

Out goes.....
Patches
Weber
Galch
Gallagher
Plek

In comes....
Pool party
Nuge
Nurse
Hanifin
2 additional 1sts
Tavares ;)

Those trades are f***ing awful for both Carolina and Edmonton. The Avs haven't been able to get Hanifin for Duchene, Montreal certainly aren't getting him for Galchenyuk.

And the Edmonton one is bad in every possible way.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Hold onto that pick for dear life unless you can trade it and someone like Pacc for a very young top end center, which I doubt would be possible.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal had that very hot start last season 13-1-1, and then played below .500 the rest of the year. And personnel wise the Habs never improved this season. To me, they were destined to out of the playoffs team this season. Why even try to prop up this group by giving up futures? And it doesn't get better soon either. Price gets 4m raise, and there are few NHL ready prospects on cheap ELC on the near horizon. Certainly not a top 8 team in the Eastern Conference this year and may be not for awhile.

Yes friend, if you arbitrarily remove a large sample of wins from a teams' record then it starts to look bad.

Reactions: Deam78

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bergevin should be fired quicker than he can take a breath if he even thinks of trading our 1st round pick in an attempt to salvage the season at any point.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
The only way I can see this happening and making sense is if it's to the Islanders as part of a package deal for Tavares, AND that they can somehow guarantee he signs long-term in Montreal.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
No way we should ever trade this 1st round pick. The cupboard is bare of any blue chip prospects. I don’t mind some of our prospects but we don’t have anyone like say Sergachev right now. Keep that first.

Galch for Hanifin
Plekanec not resigned

Out goes.....
Patches
Weber
Galch
Gallagher
Plek

In comes....
Pool party
Nuge
Nurse
Hanifin
2 additional 1sts
Tavares ;)

The song "Dreamer" by Supertramp comes to mind here....;)

Reactions: therealkoho

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

Galch for Hanifin
Plekanec not resigned

Out goes.....
Patches
Weber
Galch
Gallagher
Plek

In comes....
Pool party
Nuge
Nurse
Hanifin
2 additional 1sts
Tavares ;)

Straight delusion on the Oiler (especially the Oiler trade no one wants weber) and Carolina trades.

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
No team is going to trade a #1 center or any kind of premium asset for an unknown commodity like a first round pick. It would net you a rental most likely

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Well we had offers of
Matt Duchene for Galchenyuk and 1st. :laugh:
Mike Green.:thumbd: Just bad for the Habs.
RNH,:help: Just terrible for the Habs
JVR + Bozak. :laugh: Another laugher.
The best offer was Duchene but Galchenyuk and 1st is a huge overpayment which isn't going to happen.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Habs trading their 1st would be an epic fail by management at this point. But it will obviously be tempting... the sharks will be circling, and they will be well aware of Bergevin's desperation. It's the perfect storm, there is blood in the water...

Time for Bergevin to go out with a bang :D

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Can't trade them anything good cuz it ruins the value of the first round pick . So futures ?

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
I would drive to Montreal and kick Bergevin in the nads if he traded the first rounder. He’s the architect of this gong show and the sooner he’s done with this team the better. I don’t trust him with trying to fix anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad