Value of: Habs want to trade our 2018 First Round Draft Pick - what can we get?

sanfordn

Oct 14, 2017
The return for a top 5 1st....you could get someone to take Price’s contract.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
You're nuts if you trade that pick at this point. Habs have to play .650 hockey for the rest of the season to even get 95 points.

Playoffs aren't happening this year. Hold on to the pick and rebuild.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Habs trading their 1st would be an epic fail by management at this point. But it will obviously be tempting... the sharks will be circling, and they will be well aware of Bergevin's desperation. It's the perfect storm, there is blood in the water...
Who would the Sharks give up for that pick?

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Another loss tonight.

Hans need to rebuild not only this year but potentially another few years.

They've got some serious holes.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Another loss tonight.

Hans need to rebuild not only this year but potentially another few years.

They've got some serious holes.
3 years and we can be great. Dahlin, top 10 pick, then Lafreniere, a player mtl would def tank for if we are still bad.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Who’s lafreniere. The only year I want to see us tank is 2022 when aito iguchi is eligible
hes being compared to Crosby. Take it as a grain of salt since the last player to be compared to him was Nathan Mackinnon. But he looks like the real deal and I wont be surprised if people start labeling him as a franchise player.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Sorry FerrisRox I didn't explain it better to a non hockey fan like yourself. Maybe you don't realize that there are so many 3 point games in the NHL, that 82 points does not make you it you an average of .500 team anymore. So by your math the Canadian went 34-25-8. 76 points in 67 games, prorated 94 points over 82 games. So, in my own way I'm calling 94 points over 82 games....500. Does 94 points get a team in the playoffs? If you want enlightenment about "three point games", I could direct you to the internet site.

Do you actually think what you have posted here indicates that the Canadiens played under .500 after their first fifteen games last season, like you claimed? Why did you even post this? What does it have to do with your ridiculous claim that the Canadiens played under .500 hockey after game fifteen last year? They played 67 games, lost 25 of them, and you claim that is under .500 hockey, and now you are doubling down on stupid and sticking do that claim rather than admitting you are wrong? Why?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Keep the pick and rebuild.

This^.
You can't expect more losses = automatic better pick, only better chance for improved selection.

That said, you might be able to get a quality enough young guy who can play some now, but you will have to make it worth while of your trading partner,

e.g. we got lucky with Chytil, who we are keeping, so if we had overpayment for 7OA Andersson, we could consider it.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Aren't they both unrestricted ? Giving up a possible top 10 pick for rentals and a 2nd rd pick .. No

I'm just making an offer, trading your first this year is insane to begin with, my offer is much more less so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad