GDT: Habs vs. Wild // November 8th, 7PM ET // TVA Sport, City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
I prefer Moen in the line-up. Why? Usually he's used on the PK and very few minutes elsewhere. He's great on the PK and the 4th line being used 4-5 minutes is perfect for me with the depth with have in the Top-9.

I see your thinking but I think his PK minutes are replaceable and he really slows down the team speed. Our game is built on speed and quick transitions.

I keep saying this: is it just me or are Rogers new intermissions incredibly long compared to years past???

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Sometimes, though, a guy plays great because of his limited minutes and easy match ups. Once you give him top minutes against tough competition suddenly he doesn't look so fantastic. Tempting though...

He was hyped as a potential top 6 this summer and came with fire under his wheels during training camp. So far he met all the expectations. There were no reason to put a wall in front of him like Therrien did. MT should give him credit where it's due. Treat the guy the way he deserves to be treated and then adjust...not the opposite.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Even with less minutes, Desharnais would produce more with guys like Sekac and Gallagher. Back to the roots, basically. Pacioretty is floating and Desharnais still tries to feed him constantly.

That's a slight on DD too because he should be smarter than that, but I really think both players can be beneficial to the club in different roles.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
the hype for Bruins vs. Leafs on Sportsnet :laugh:

"The Bruins have always been bullies! The Leafs have always aggravated." :laugh:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Thats what it should be ... honestly. But it will be Desharnais and whoever he wants to play with for the first minute and a half.
Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Gallagher, Parenteau, Pacioretty are all averaging close to 2-minutes or more of PP time and our PP still sucks. Subban and Markov are nearing 4 minutes per game and have done next to nothing.

You can blame this all on DD all you want, but at least he's doing something positive on the PP unlike many others (27-for-37 on PP faceoffs).

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He was hyped as a potential top 6 this summer and came with fire under his wheels during training camp. So far he met all the expectations. There were no reason to put a wall in front of him like Therrien did. MT should give him credit where it's due. Treat the guy the way he deserves to be treated and then adjust...not the opposite.
As much as I didn't agree with the scratching, Sekac looks even hungrier than before which is awesome. Still didn't deserve to be benched though.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The Wild suddenly remember that they were dominating this one and go back to the playbook...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad