Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Stars - 1:00 pm - Feb 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I am aware of that but all the gaps in games this season and then teams having to play too many games over a 10-14 day period seems strange.

That's what happens when a large number of hockey arenas are also venues for entertainment acts.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Montreal has done two afternoon home games on super bowl weekend for 30+ years. This is specifically something that the organization asks for, not a quirk of the schedule.

Yep, I think the first super bowl matinee weekend was in 1990.

They showed highlights of this game during a telecast in recent years and if I remember correctly it was an ot win against Philly.

To help put in perspective how long ago this was, the OT was 5 on 5, and tbe loser got no points. Tie games were still a thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
While other young NHLers are at home recovering from their hangovers or playing video games, he’s putting in the extra work. Very impressed.
This is great to hear..................we can all see the guy is improving each and every game........
The next couple of seasons are going to get fun................
Mainboard, meanwhile is starting to melt.

Reactions: holy

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Some of us are a fresh-air diehard fans on weekends and inconsequential afternoon Habs games can spoil many a good walk (or whatever else, actually).
walking-sad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad