Post-Game Talk: Habs vs Sens, 10/7 @7:00 PM

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
not expecting anything different than from what i've seen lately especially with Carey's news today

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I think that Primeau Ylonen and one of Belzile/Poehling will be cut after the game.

Lehkonen is 100% guaranteed in the opening night lineup.

Niku could be back pretty soon so I believe they will keep 8D and 13F.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think that Primeau Ylonen and one of Belzile/Poehling will be cut after the game.

Lehkonen is 100% guaranteed in the opening night lineup.

Niku could be back pretty soon so I believe they will keep 8D and 13F.
Ylonen needs to play top 6 minutes in Laval. Belzile is not an NHL player, neither is Poehling.
Primeau needs a 50+game season

Last edited:

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Ylonen needs to play top 6 minutes in Laval. Belzile is not an NHL player, neither is Poehling.
Primesu needs a 50+game season

That's why we need to search the waiver wire to find a 13th forward and a 7th defenceman.

Reactions: Tyson

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Could it really be that a Chiarot - Savard pairing is going to be a thing?

Romanov has not played a single game with Savard.

It starts to look as if they intended right from the beginning to break up the Edmundson - Petry pairing in order for Edmundson to insulate whichever of Wideman/Norlinder/Niku was going to make the team. Perhaps they also don't want Romanov to be the main puck-mover on a pairing, hence he's glued to Petry all the time.

Romanov - Petry
Chiarot - Savard
Edmundson - Wideman/Niku

Maybe this is what they want when everybody's healthy?

Last edited:

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

It starts to look as if they intended right from the beginning to break up the Edmundson - Petry pairing in order for Edmundson to insulate whichever of Wideman/Norlinder/Niku was going to make the team. Perhaps they also don't want Romanov to be the main puck-mover on a pairing, hence he's glued to Petry all the time.

Romanov - Petry
Chiarot - Savard
Edmundson - Wideman/Niku

Dom Dom said not to read too much into it, he’s experimenting during preseason, trying to see if there’s chemistry in some of the pairings & forward lines, to open up options in case he’s forced into changes during a game due to injuries / penalties etc

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand

Romanov - Petry
Chiarot - Savard
Edmundson - Wideman/Niku

I'd personally like to see more balanced pairings, but I think you're likely right. I guess they're going for,

Romanov - Petry: Exploitation pair- to get out against weaker match-ups while still being able to play heavy regular minutes.
Chiarot - Savard: Shut down pair
Edmundson - Wideman/Niku: Support the weak link pair: Hope they can play regular minutes against mostly bottom 6 opposition

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Dom Dom said not to read too much into it, he’s trying to see if there’s chemistry is some of the pairings to open up options in case he’s forced into changes during a game due to injuries / penalties etc

Perhaps, but if they intend to keep the Edmundson - Petry pairing intanct, then I would expect Chiarot to slot in as a replacement while Joel's injured. And I find it curious that Romanov has been Petry's Siamese twin so far. Did we even see Romanov - Savard in training?

We'll see.

I'd personally like to see more balanced pairings, but I think you're likely right. I guess they're going for,

Romanov - Petry: Exploitation pair- to get out against weaker match-up while still being able to play heavy regular minutes.
Edmundson - Wideman/Niku: Support the weak link pair: Hope they can play regular minutes, against buttom 6 opposition

I think those pairings are balanced in terms of player quality on each pair. Problem is, would they actually work?

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Romanov - Petry: Exploitation pair- to get out against weaker match-ups while still being able to play heavy regular minutes.
Edmundson - Wideman/Niku: Support the weak link pair: Hope they can play regular minutes against mostly bottom 6 opposition
Kulak will be playing way before Niku.
Niku is AHL bound and will most likely only be a call up due to heavy injuries.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Perhaps, but if they intend to keep the Edmundson - Petry pairing intanct, then I would expect Chiarot to slot in as a replacement while Joel's injured. And I find it curious that Romanov has been Petry's Siamese twin so far. Did we even see Romanov - Savard in training?

We'll see.
I expect pairings to be:

Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Chiarot - Wideman

w Savard slotting in place of Wideman in key game situation (late period / game & key 5-on-5 situations)

Reactions: Habs Icing

Jul 6, 2016
I expect pairings to be:

Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Chiarot - Wideman

w Savard slotting in place of Wideman in key game situation (late period / game)

No respect for Kulak who is better than a couple of those.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I expect pairings to be:

Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Chiarot - Wideman

w Savard slotting in place of Wideman in key game situation (late period / game & key 5-on-5 situations)
That's exactly how I had them, but based on training camp I don't think this is going to be the case.

Reactions: malcb33

Jul 6, 2016
What's happening with Norlinder. Is he still around the team or back to Sweden ?

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Poehling has to feel the heat right now.
If I’m his teammate I dish him the puck every chance I get. The crap media have been spewing, guys like Gagnon leading the pack for a kid trying to make the 4th line is so messed up. What the heck is this obsession? Edit - not implying you’re obsessed btw…

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yes. That's what was announced quite a while ago now. No updates since then.

I'm assuming he's not good to go, and is still day to day, maybe week to week. It was reported it wasn't serious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad