Post-Game Talk: Habs vs Sens, 10/7 @7:00 PM

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I missed a lot of the games, so might tune in to see how Montembeault/Poehling/Guhle/Caufield look.

other than that all the interesting prospects went down already right?

Edit Ylonen might be a fun one too!

Last edited:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Hoping this isnt bad omen for the season

Looks like the Ducks a couple years ago. They still have not recovered...

But seriously, I'll be curious to see the man-game lost charts after the season for the Habs

Reactions: Tyson

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We already know Poehling will play. Allen will start and is scheduled to play the full game. My guess is Ylonen will play, as well, since he wasn't sent down to Laval.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
- I find the notion that Ryan Poehling is playing his spot in the lineup with tonight's performance pretty ridiculous. I would hope the coaching staff already has an idea on whether or not he'll make the team, a good performance tonight or a bad one, shouldn't change that. I personally don't think he's been as bad as media has made him look and I think he's the best internal option for the only spot that's currently open (4th line C).

- Whenever we play the Sens in preseason, it seems one of their player's takes one of the Habs out with a concussion...better keep your heads up!

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Hopefully it gets out of our system all at once!
I hope that's the case but generally speaking, these injuries don't get better. They tend to get progressively worse as the grind of the season goes on and they get exacerbated.

I'd imagine Montreal picks up a player or two via trade or waiver wire before the season starts as insurance and give time to injured players to heal throughout the season. Getting a reliable PMD would be top on my list. Not sure Niku or Wideman are the answer.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
- I find the notion that Ryan Poehling is playing his spot in the lineup with tonight's performance pretty ridiculous. I would hope the coaching staff already has an idea on whether or not he'll make the team, a good performance tonight or a bad one, shouldn't change that. I personally don't think he's been as bad as media has made him look and I think he's the best internal option for the only spot that's currently open (4th line C).

- Whenever we play the Sens in preseason, it seems one of their player's takes one of the Habs out with a concussion...better keep your heads up!

He's on a modest upward trajectory in development but fans/media are expecting a steeper learning curve and when he don't produce to their expectations, they throw him under the bus.

I agree. Habs management is not putting as much pressure on Poehling as what fans/media are. We are all hoping for a bust out jump forward but it's not in the cards. We kind of learned that in his 1st pro season. Let him develop in piece FFS

Reactions: Fandangle

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He's on a modest upward trajectory in development but fans/media are expecting a steeper learning curve and when he don't produce to their expectations, they throw him under the bus.

I agree. Habs management is not putting as much pressure on him as fans/media.
It's just a function of having all of the attention and focus on him, the media really isn't focused on anything else. There are few other battles on the roster anyway.

Perreault is a veteran so he could skate to center ice, pull his pants down and take a deuce and no one would bad an eye...

Paquette hasn't played to even be evaluated

Poehling, isn't the kind of player whose going to "wow" you when your entire focus is to watch how he plays every shift.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hope that's the case but generally speaking, these injuries don't get better. They tend to get progressively worse as the grind of the season goes on and they get exacerbated.

I'd imagine Montreal picks up a player or two via trade or waiver wire before the season starts as insurance and give time to injured players to heal throughout the season. Getting a reliable PMD would be top on my list. Not sure Niku or Wideman are the answer.

I'm going to see what happens in the 1st two weeks of the regular season before I get confident or concerned. I do believe we will look at the market for a guy on D but salary in has to match salary out.

I was not a big fan of the Savard signing to be honest. He's basically a cheaper vs of Edmundson/Chiarot and a bottom pairing guy but paid the same as Edmundson/Chiarot. I bet you Merrill could provide close to what Savard can do. We will see... it's preseason.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad