DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Rn at the Habsland:

upload_2020-6-27_13-58-18.png

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I gotta admit, I'm more than a little excited about the possibility of landing him. Do you realise what that would do to the franchise?
help it not suck ?

If the Oil can miss the play offs with Mac D and Draisittle ......................the habs can miss the play offs with Lafierrier and Domi.

Bet on Bergevin to find a way to suck no matter who they draft.

My wish for the kid and his family...........is he never plays for the Canadiens or Sabres.

Reactions: Pickles and the

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
True........with one difference, Pitt turns the luck into Stanley Cups.

Part of the luck is being in the right place at the right time, whether we are talking mario, or crosby.

They got the first pick at times when we had the most generational talents in the draft. Lemieux was the most hyped prospect of the 80's (off the top of my head, nobody really entered his level from the 90s), then crosby was the best of the 2000's

The cups were going to come from them in the same way that the oilers are probably going to have their own at some point (with the best prospect of the 2010's).

Lafreniere is a great talent, but even he is not in the same stratosphere as those those guys who pittsburgh and Edmonton won the lottery for.

Reactions: PaulD

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
help it not suck ?

If the Oil can miss the play offs with Mac D and Draisittle ......................the habs can miss the play offs with Lafierrier and Domi.

Bet on Bergevin to find a way to suck no matter who they draft.

My wish for the kid and his family...........is he never plays for the Canadiens or Sabres.

MB could turn Lemieux into a 30 pt shutdown forward, Imagine what he could do with 1 OA

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
It would really suck if Habs won the play-in.

1st or 9th. 1st is a dream. Seems impossible, because things never get that good for MTL (anymore).

9th is plenty good for my taste though. Lots of talent to pick from. 16th however will most likely be a solid tier below the top 10-12 players. Then again, who knows... The draft is always a little crazy after the obvious top players. It would be disappointing however to come out of this draft with a B. Schneider or an Amirov when it looked like we were in range for a Sanderson or Holtz.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Part of the luck is being in the right place at the right time, whether we are talking mario, or crosby.

They got the first pick at times when we had the most generational talents in the draft. Lemieux was the most hyped prospect of the 80's (off the top of my head, nobody really entered his level from the 90s), then crosby was the best of the 2000's

The cups were going to come from them in the same way that the oilers are probably going to have their own at some point (with the best prospect of the 2010's).

Lafreniere is a great talent, but even he is not in the same stratosphere as those those guys who pittsburgh and Edmonton won the lottery for.
Agree on Lafreniere. Who ever gets him is getting the best player in this years draft. But he wont ever be the betst player in the league. Like the guys that are being referred to. Mario, Sid, MacD.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So... didn't they say the playoffs are going to start on July 10? Or is it the training camps?
Either way... it;s almost July and not a single team is near ready to be practicing, let alone anything else. What a farce.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario

Las Vegas being chosen is good news for us who want RTP canceled. Since it is right in the Covid hot bed of the USA.

Lol if you told me at the 2018 draft that in a few years the Habs would be banking on a global pandemic to determine our ability to get Lafreniere, I don’t know what I would’ve said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad