Pre-Game Talk: Habs Vs. Pens Game 1 Sometimes Summer of 2020 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What’s the word on Mad Max ? Can his immune system handle it ?

Begs the question -- who else on both teams, has an immune deficiency?

And with that, how many of those immune deficient players will be kept out of the lineup whether it be as a result of their personal decision or a doctor's recommendation?

This could have an impact on the performance of several teams, all depending on how valuable those players are who may be taken out of the lineup.

Reactions: jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They said that teams can't sign their reserve list players to join them now. For some reason, the NHL said that this year, teams can't do that. They can only sign them for 2020-21. I don't know why and don't understand why not since teams can do it every other year.

Habs with Romanov, Florida with Denisenko, St. Louis with Perunovich, and Chicago with Mitchell all have ''agreed to terms'' but no contract is officially signed. And the NHL (again, going by Bill Daly) said they are not eligible to play this year.

Unless they change their mind on that.

Speculating, I'd say it's goes they've lost a ton of money and they're trying to claw back wherever they can by getting those players to remain under team control longer and thus keeping their salary low for an extra year. I wonder how the PA let that happen.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's a horrible disease, I feel your pain. My little sister did not die directly from it (she got it at 7 years old), she got a brain tumor but the diabetes made it harder to fight the cancer. She was not a good patient when she was young, drank, smoked and ate candy at times. She had to amputee her toes one one foot, she got retina problems in the eye, got almost blind on that eye. She died when she was 42. RIP.

Holy smokes, Per. So, so sorry to read this.

I'll steal a thought often expressed by Jake Tapper and so appropriate in this instance: May her memory be a blessing. RIP.

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
So nobody in ongoing for begging the league to have a full week of trade CBO and free agency before they start playing? If they at least do not mean to do the draft before they should at least do a recap situation, don't they?

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Went back to check. Here were the lines for their last game on March 10th vs. Nashville (4-1 loss).

Byron - Danault - Armia
Hudon - Domi - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Suzuki - Weal
Vejdemo - Evans - Weise

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Ouellet - Folin
Alzner

Price
Lindgren
Scratch Domi? We must call back Kotkaniemi

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
We’d have a much better chance if we still had Kovalchuk, Thompson, Scandella, and Cousins

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
in the last 11 games vs Pens...Habs won 3 times....

in last 14 games vs Pens ..Habs won 4 times..

oh yes, miracles can happen/.lol

Reactions: dinodebino

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
in the last 11 games vs Pens...Habs won 3 times....

in last 14 games vs Pens ..Habs won 4 times..

oh yes, miracles can happen/.lol

Those stats become meaningless in the playoffs. We had a great record against the rangers in the reg season, but still lost to them in the playoffs.

Reactions: Vachon23

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's a horrible disease, I feel your pain. My little sister did not die directly from it (she got it at 7 years old), she got a brain tumor but the diabetes made it harder to fight the cancer. She was not a good patient when she was young, drank, smoked and ate candy at times. She had to amputee her toes one one foot, she got retina problems in the eye, got almost blind on that eye. She died when she was 42. RIP.
That had to be horrible.....so sorry bro, honestly, I’m hurting reading this...... :(

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
People with diabetes face a higher risk of complications if they get the Covid-19, due to the fact their elevated glucose levels leave them with lowered immunity. This also means they have less protection against getting the virus.

"One third of all hospital deaths from coronavirus in England have been among diabetics, new research shows, amid warnings that the condition more than doubles mortality risk."

Domi is young and otherwise healthy and an athlete.

Wow I had no idea. I am diabetic as well. Good thing I've been pretty thorough in my lockdown. It's a minor diabetes though, not on the level of Max. But still, that is good to know, thanks for the infos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad