Pre-Game Talk: Habs Vs. Pens Game 1 Sometimes Summer of 2020 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
What’s the word on Mad Max ? Can his immune system handle it ?

Domi, who has Type 1 diabetes, could be at risk. Toronto Maple Leafs winger Mitch Marnerexpressed his concern for Domi while streaming a video game on Twitch this week. "What if someone gets sick and dies? It's awful to think about, but still," Marner said. "There's dudes like [Max] Domi who has diabetes. If he gets it, he's in [a predicament]."
Domi acknowledged his health concerns. "Being a Type 1 diabetic, it's something that raises some concern. But you really don't know how everyone's going to be affected by this disease. Being a Type 1 doesn't change much. I would handle myself the same way as if I didn't have [diabetes]," he said.

Safety, not contract, Domi's priority these days

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
oh, he's diabetic...:scared:

People with diabetes face a higher risk of complications if they get the Covid-19, due to the fact their elevated glucose levels leave them with lowered immunity. This also means they have less protection against getting the virus.

"One third of all hospital deaths from coronavirus in England have been among diabetics, new research shows, amid warnings that the condition more than doubles mortality risk."

Domi is young and otherwise healthy and an athlete.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
People with diabetes face a higher risk of complications if they get the Covid-19, due to the fact their elevated glucose levels leave them with lowered immunity. This also means they have less protection against getting the virus.

"One third of all hospital deaths from coronavirus in England have been among diabetics, new research shows, amid warnings that the condition more than doubles mortality risk."

Domi is young and otherwise healthy and an athlete.

He's still fragile. I don't think he'll be cleared to play..

My brother died of diabetic complications (type 1), i've seen him fight this for 40+ years, terrible disease.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
MB planned this all along...

Seriously though , I don’t even know what the lines were the last time the habs played . This is so bizarre

Went back to check. Here were the lines for their last game on March 10th vs. Nashville (4-1 loss).

Byron - Danault - Armia
Hudon - Domi - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Suzuki - Weal
Vejdemo - Evans - Weise

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Ouellet - Folin
Alzner

Price
Lindgren

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
I'm more pissed off that Bergevin will consider this season a success since we made the playoffs this way. Other than that, I really do miss Habs playoff hockey.

Oh This is the biggest saving grace christmas gift of all time lol Just you wait for the end of season presser :laugh::laugh: It will be full of praising the success of this Playoff Season and joking around and nothing is wrong with the team and everyone is amazing :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Unless the NHL change their minds, Romanov will not be able to play, going by what Bill Daly said a few weeks back when asked about it.
His contract can start now, it's not defined yet and as far as I know it's like an AHL recall for the playoffs, i'm no lawyer though, I just think this.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
It will be interesting to see the playoff bracket explained and more details . In positivity , its good to be talking Hockey again although no fans will be really really weird :laugh:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
His contract can start now, it's not defined yet and as far as I know it's like an AHL recall for the playoffs, i'm no lawyer though, I just think this.

They said that teams can't sign their reserve list players to join them now. For some reason, the NHL said that this year, teams can't do that. They can only sign them for 2020-21. I don't know why and don't understand why not since teams can do it every other year.

Habs with Romanov, Florida with Denisenko, St. Louis with Perunovich, and Chicago with Mitchell all have ''agreed to terms'' but no contract is officially signed. And the NHL (again, going by Bill Daly) said they are not eligible to play this year.

Unless they change their mind on that.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
He's still fragile. I don't think he'll be cleared to play..

My brother died of diabetic complications (type 1), i've seen him fight this for 40+ years, terrible disease.

It's a horrible disease, I feel your pain. My little sister did not die directly from it (she got it at 7 years old), she got a brain tumor but the diabetes made it harder to fight the cancer. She was not a good patient when she was young, drank, smoked and ate candy at times. She had to amputee her toes one one foot, she got retina problems in the eye, got almost blind on that eye. She died when she was 42. RIP.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Wait. It's been so long. What does our D looks like?

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Mete - Folin
Alzner

:laugh: :snide: :help:

I can't expect us to do anything with that lineup

Our defense is much better than the pens:

Dumoulin - Letang
Pettersson - Marino
Johnson - Schultz
Ruhwedel

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
It's a horrible disease, I feel your pain. My little sister did not die directly from it (she got it at 7 years old), she got a brain tumor but the diabetes made it harder to fight the cancer. She was not a good patient when she was young, drank, smoked and ate candy at times. She had to amputee her toes one one foot, she got retina problems in the eye, got almost blind on that eye. She died when she was 42. RIP.
I feel your story, poor sister of yours..

My brother even had a pancreas transplant, insulin free for a year maybe, then rejected that beautiful organ.. He passed away at 46, half blind and in a bad shape.

I remember as a 4-5-6 year old (me) I'd be sent to the corner grocery store to get pig fat (lard) to help cure his infected wounds. I guess it's different today ;)

I think Domi should stay away..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad