Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
yeah... i didn't expect any different

images

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
If Flyers win game one, could see a short series. (goes for other series too because of the bubble atmosphere, players may get tired of it).

If the Habs win game one and plant the seed of doubt as they did against the Pens, who knows? Could be a long series.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Dumont-InstagramLiveEnglish(20/08/10)-@canadiensmtl

What're the Habs' top 3 keys to success against the Flyers: #1 = the first line has to score. They were okay against the Penguins, they controled the shots. They absolutely need to start producing. Right now, Philadelphia are flying, they're playing very well. So playing well isn't good enough for a first line... #2 = Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen, all those guys need to keep providing that secondary scoring. #3 = Price has to keep staying dominant. Harter is no jokes. Price need to keep being the best player and goalie.”

Reactions: JustAHabFan

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Dumont-InstagramLiveFrançais(20/08/10)-@canadiensmtl

Jusqu'à présent, qui t'impressionne le plus dans les séries de 2020: “Je dirais à part Price (écoute on s'attend tous que Price soit dominant), c'est Kotkaniemi. On a parlé de son côté agressif. Mais juste les statistiques sur glace étaient dominantes. Il n'y a pas un joueur qui a eu des meilleures statistiques que Kotkaniemi. Il faut garder en tête que c'est un des plus jeunes dans les séries, c'est le plus jeune chez le Canadien. Donc vraiment c'étais l'éclosion de Kotkaniemi contre les Penguins.”

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Never seen a cup win, would rather win one that we actually qualified with our play, not in a tournament where the 3 worst teams progressed.

And yes, would want a crowd there too. If they are good enough to win a cup then they can do it next year.
The way I look at it is that the Habs have won more than their share of legit cups over the years. This one would have an asterix yes BUT it would be great run for all the young players! Now if the Maple Leafs for instance would have won this cup with the asterix after such a long wait between championships, then I could understand not wanting it that way..but for us? Bring it, we'll put it in the cabinet with all the other cups and it will make for a fun story to recount over a few beers one day...

Reactions: angusyoung

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The way I look at it is that the Habs have won more than their share of legit cups over the years. This one would have an asterix yes BUT it would be great run for all the young players! Now if the Maple Leafs for instance would have won this cup with the asterix after such a long wait between championships, then I could understand not wanting it that way..but for us? Bring it, we'll put it in the cabinet with all the other cups and it will make for a fun story to recount over a few beers one day...

I've never seen one though.. I was 4 years old in 1993.

So I don't care about the teams, I care about the one that I see.

Reactions: PhysicX

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
I've never seen one though.. I was 4 years old in 1993.

So I don't care about the teams, I care about the one that I see.
Can't please everyone I guess...try to enjoy it, I doubt they make it all the way anyways so it is likely a moot point.

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
disagree. Both can be great and that means a tight, low-scoring series which is something we're very comfortable playing in.

If they're both great then that gives the edge to Philly IMO. The Pens series might have given some people false hope. Pens were crap. Philly is not.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
#Dumont-InstagramLiveEnglish(20/08/10)-@canadiensmtl

What're the Habs' top 3 keys to success against the Flyers: #1 = the first line has to score. They were okay against the Penguins, they controled the shots. They absolutely need to start producing. Right now, Philadelphia are flying, they're playing very well. So playing well isn't good enough for a first line... #2 = Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen, all those guys need to keep providing that secondary scoring. #3 = Price has to keep staying dominant. Harter is no jokes. Price need to keep being the best player and goalie.”
Loll..very insightful stuff. Basically....everyone needs to play very well.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Want to see what "Streaky" looks like? Look what the Habs did before, between, and after those two 8-game winless streaks:

Oct.26-Nov.15 : 7-1-1 (32GF / 24GA)

Nov.16- Dec.1 : 0-5-3 (20GF / 38GA)

Dec.3-Dec.23 : 7-3-0 (32GF / 21GA)

Dec.28-Jan.9 : 0-7-1 (20GF / 30GA)

Jan.11-Feb.8 : 9-3-0 (34GF / 26GA)

Streaks of hot/cold/hot/cold/hot, back and forth for two and a half months. That's not a recipe for success during a long season, and it's not realistic to expect the Habs to streak their way through four rounds of playoffs, but a winning stretch of two/three weeks is possible and would be fun.

EDIT: I added GF/GA for each hot & cold streak. Look at the extremes! In both losing streaks the Habs defence disappeared and the offence dried up at the same time. From memory, both stats reflected how erratic our D was.

This was perhaps the most bizarre season I have ever seen. You showed their streaks, but to add to that, they also had the worst home record in the east aside from the wings, yet had a respectable road record. They had 1 win combined against the devils and wings.

This is unconfirmed, but i believe they had one of the worst powerplay at home, but one of the best powerplay on the road.

Reactions: Lshap

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Seems like a lot of people have the flyers going to the cup final.

If the habs win the series, it will a far bigger upset than the lightning vs columbus one from last year

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Seems like a lot of people have the flyers going to the cup final.

If the habs win the series, it will a far bigger upset than the lightning vs columbus one from last year

Only cause the Flyers are trending well. I think this is a good match-up with the Habs. Don't consider this lop sided at all. Flyers adding Hayes made them a better team this past year. Hayes going to give Suzuki and Kotkaniemi fits IMO. Especially if Danault is against the Flyers top line

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Flyers win game one, could see a short series. (goes for other series too because of the bubble atmosphere, players may get tired of it).

If the Habs win game one and plant the seed of doubt as they did against the Pens, who knows? Could be a long series.

Kind of how I see it too. Game 1 is not the end if we loose but not Habs play better loose and in the drivers seat. Win game 1 and Flyers start to play on edge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad