Pre-Game Talk: Habs Vs. Flyers

Who wins

• Total voters

habsnacks

Nov 16, 2014
It’s 2020 and anything can happen. That being said it will take Price at his very best for us to even have a chance

Reactions: No More Subban

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Bad matchup for me. Philly is on a roll, they have a ton of offensive power, and a solid young tender. This Philly team has been on a roll since the start of last winter.

Reactions: Gravity and Rapala

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
I'll say Flyers in 6 but I would love to be proven wrong and see the Habs win the series.

I think they will be outmatched and outmuscled. With Gallagher looking injured already, I expect more injuries during these CQF.

Cool to see a hot Carter Hart facing his also hot idol Carey Price. Whatever the outcome of the series I can't wait to see their handshake at the end.

Vigneault and Julien facing each other for the 3rd time!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Hate to say it, but I think we're going to get smoked. We have a hard time scoring goals and running into Hart is not going to be good. Their D is pretty mobile and I think we're going to get outplayed.

I was wrong on Pittsburgh though so... we'll see.
A lot of us were wrong on Pittsburgh we did however expect them to show up. It was the worst possible match up for those who felt there should have been an X placed on our season. I did say it was the one team we had a sliver of a chance against if that counts. :D

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'll say Flyers in 6 but I would love to be proven wrong and see the Habs win the series.

I think they will be outmatched and outmuscled. With Gallagher looking injured already, I expect more injuries during these CQF.

Cool to see a hot Carter Hart facing his also hot idol Carey Price. Whatever the outcome of the series I can't wait to see their handshake at the end.

I think it's safe to say we all want to be wrong now. GHG

Reactions: Redux91

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
It was the best outcome for us. Before everyone starts going haywire and getting all emotional, let me finish. It's pretty sad when you have to qualify every post before people start going bananas.

I am not saying we will beat Philly. All I'm saying is that, imo, this scenario is better than facing Tampa, Washington or Boston.

Please people, read the 2 bolded sentences above before flying off into an uncontrollable rage and feeling compelled to reply to my post.

Calm down, relax, have a drink, smoke something if you have to, it's just my opinion.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Doesn't look promising but whatever... the goal has been achieved. Habs are in da playoffs! All you naysayers... Marc knew what he was doing.

Reactions: Rapala

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
A lot of us were wrong on Pittsburgh we did however expect them to show up. It was the worst possible match up for those who felt there should have been an X placed on our season. I did say it was the one team we had a sliver of a chance against if that counts. :D
Pittsburgh outplayed us most of that series. Game 5 was slowed down but it should've been a sweep. Shots were something like 17-2 at one point in game one and it was a similar total in game two. We really didn't deserve to win.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It was the best outcome for us. Before everyone starts going haywire and getting all emotional, let me finish. It's pretty sad when you have to qualify every post before people start going bananas.

I am not saying we will beat Philly. All I'm saying is that, imo, this scenario is better than facing Tampa, Washington or Boston.

Please people, read the 2 bolded sentences above before flying off into an uncontrollable rage and feeling compelled to reply to my post.

Calm down, relax, have a drink, smoke something if you have to, it's just my opinion.
Yep, Philly was the lesser of all evils.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
habs.gif

Let's shock the world!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Pittsburgh outplayed us most of that series. Game 5 was slowed down but it should've been a sweep. Shots were something like 17-2 at one point in game one and it was a similar total in game two. We really didn't deserve to win.

I never got a sense of desperation out of the Pens as a group. We simply wanted it more than they did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->