Pre-Game Talk: Habs Vs. Flyers

Who wins

• Total voters

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’ll say it again, with Flyers’s aggressive forcheck, Fleury and Poehling are a must.

Exiting our zone and not turning it over before the blue line is key. Flyers will be more physical than the Pens for sure. Very curious to see Julien strategy with what we have and how he uses it against the Flyers.

Couturier and Hayes are much more physical than Crosby and Malkin. Habs need to play physical back but not get caught up into it. Rolling lines, playing solid D, and skating a high tempo is our team strength. Stick with that with but finish your checks to keep them honest and not loose/comfortable

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-8-11_15-18-24.png

upload_2020-8-11_15-18-35.png

Reactions: Mrb1p

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Zadarnowski: Flyers pose difficult challenge for Habs (Audio)
Habs Eyes on the Prize's Zadarnowski joins the show to discuss the Habs' upcoming matchup versus Philadelphia and more.

Kimelman: First look at Habs-Flyers (Audio)
NHL.com's deputy editor Kimelman joins the show to discuss the Philadelphia Flyers' success, their upcoming matchup versus the Habs and more.

Habs Lunch (20/08/10): What can carry over against the Flyers? (Audio)
Campbell, Marinaro and Still were joined by voice of the Habs Robertson to preview Montreal against Philadelphia including what can translate from the Penguins series to the Flyers series, what parts of the matchup favours the Habs, what favours Philly and more.

Bernstein: Brilliant coaching from Claude Julien (Audio)
The Fourth Period's Bernstein joined the show to talk the Habs defensive performance, who impressed during the round robin, what to expect between Montreal and Philadelphia and more.

Nilan: Kotkaniemi's physicality surprised me (Audio)
Former Hab and host of Off the Cuff Nilan joined his show to talk about Kotkaniemi and Kulak surprising, the Habs upcoming opponent the Flyers and more.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Habs Lunch (20/08/11): What's happened to the Habs top scoring wingers? (Audio)
Campbell, Marinaro, O'Connor and Still were joined by the voice of the Habs Robertson to talk can the Habs third defensive pairing hold up, the struggles of Gallagher and Tatar, who are the Flyers and more.

Fraser: Coaches gamesmanship crucial in the playoffs (Audio)
Former NHL referee Fraser joined the show to talk officiating standards in the playoffs, how coaches try to influence and sway the officials decisions in the postseason, previews the Habs vs Flyers series and more.

Gordon: How the Habs can beat the Flyers (Audio)
Free agent scribe Gordon joined the show to talk what the Habs need to do to surprise the Flyers, Julien needing to shine again, Price, confidence growing amongst the team and more.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

Hear from Sean Couturier following practice (20/08/11):
“We've different guys throughout the lineup that can make a difference on any given night. So it’s nice to have that depth. Every line just has to play the right way and not be a liability. Someone’s going to step up at the right time.”

“We'll have to be ready to play the right way, not cheat and work hard.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

Hear from Carter Hart following practice (20/08/11):
“Price was my favorite goalie growing up. As a young goalie growing up, he's been the goalie I've looked up to the most. Just had the chance to meet him the other week and talk with him for the first time. That was something pretty cool. For your first playoff series, playing against him will definitely be a lot of fun. Definitely really cool. I look forward to it.”

“At the end of the day, we're playing the Canadiens. They’ve got guys who can score.”

“I think it’s very similar to a World Championship almost where you’ve got three games a day. You’re watching a lot of hockey. You’ve got all the teams at the hotel. It kind of reminds me of those kinds of vibes and minor hockey tournaments back in the day, which were always a blast... Here in Toronto, they’ve done a really good job of setting things up for us. We’re at a really nice hotel. We’ve got a lot of things to do in our spare time. A lot of hockey to watch. I think we lucked out here in Toronto. ”

“The NHL, the NHL playoffs, the Stanley Cup, it doesn’t matter. I like to keep my mindset simple and that’s stop pucks.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Wrong lines..
Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Laughton-Hayes-Konecny
Farabee-Grant-Aubé
VanRiemsdyk-Thompson-Pitlick
It's not the updated line combos, but it helped me to know/learn about their players style and their system tho :thumbu:

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
My guess is that the Lindblom cancer fight is the key to this team surge. They will want him to join the team in the 3rd round. Pretty strong motivation right there.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Tale of the Tape: Flyers vs. Canadiens (nhl.com/flyers)
TEAM OFFENSE (Head to Head battles & puck possession)
Edge: Flyers
Goals Per-Game:
* PHI 3.29 (7th) | MTL 2.93 (19th)
5-on-5 Play:
* PHI +18 (153-135) | MTL +15 (157-142)
Faceoffs
* PHI 54.6% (1st) | MTL 50.4% (12th)
Average Shots:
* PHI 31.4 (16th) | MTL 34.1 (2nd)
TEAM DEFENSE
Scoring chances:
* PHI 50.91% (13th), MTL 51.44% (11th)
Corsi:
* PHI 51.02% (9th), MTL 54.43% (2nd)
High-danger chances:
* PHI 50.83% (12th), MTL 54.64% (3rd)
GOALTENDING
Edge: Even
GAA:
PHI 2.77(T-7th) | MTL 3.10 (T-19th)
Shots Against:
PHI 28.7 (1st) | MTL 31.1 (T-13th)
Expected goal differential:
PHI 50.64 (14th) | MTL 54.01% (2nd)
SPECIAL TEAMS
Power Play:
* PHI 20.8% (14th) | MTL 17.7% (22nd)
Penalty Kill:
* PHI-81.8% (11th) | MTL-78.7% (19th)
Special Teams Index:
* PHI 102.6 | MTL 96.4
Shorthanded Goals:
* PHI 8 (T-6th) | MTL 6 (T-10th)
Shorthanded Goals Against:
* PHI 6 (T-14th) | MTL 5 (T-7th)
COACHING
Edge: Even

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Canadiens : Nick Suzuki prêt à prendre contrôle du 1er trio? (Vidéo)
L'attaquant du Canadien Suzuki continue de s'entraîner au sein du 1er trio aux côtés de Gallagher et Tatar.
On jase : « Le CH va gagner parce que Price veut battre Therrien » (Vidéo)
Au tour de Gervais d'y aller de son analyse et de sa prédiction pour la série Canadiens-Flyers
On jase : « Pourquoi pas le Canadien? » (Vidéo)
Flynn discute de la série Canadiens-Flyers avec Lemay et Lévesque à On jase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad