Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Canes October 3rd at 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Why does it even matter to you? Lou doesn't let players wear high numbers. It's just a number on a shirt.
Then why does it matter to Bergevin? Who cares what Lou does. Not because Lou does it means it's right. There's 29 GM that doesn't care.

A lot of players are superstitious or have numbers that mean a lot to them. It has nothing to do with us you're right but it has nothing to do with Bergevin either. What's next? Stopping players to be superstitious or have a routine? The guy is a control freak and likes to boss around.

Lol Lou does it too...! Who gives a f***.

Last edited:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Sorry if it's been posted already, I just feel it's timely material for today.....

From RDS:

Tom Dundon était en grande conversation avec Haydn Fleury lorsqu’il s’est mis à marcher vers moi pour notre rencontre prévue depuis quelques jours. « Ce sera sans doute très spécial et plaisant pour vous deux et le reste de votre famille, mais rappelle-toi bien qui doit sortir gagnant de ce match », que le proprio a répondu au défenseur qui venait de lui annoncer que son petit frère Cale s’était taillé un poste avec le Tricolore et que les deux frérots s’affronteraient jeudi en Caroline où le Canadien et les Canes donneront le coup d’envoi à leur saison 2019-2020. Une fois devant moi, Tom Dundon a échangé un « cogne-cogne » de poings au lieu de la traditionnelle poignée de main.

Quick translation:

Dundon was hanging out in the gym talking to players before François Gagnon came over to interview him, specifically to Fleury's brother. He acknowledged the fact that this is going to be a special night playing against Cale, but made sure to remind him who has to come out on top on Thursday night. Then they fist bump away (instead of shaking hands, says Gagnon) and Dundon walks over to Gagnon for the interview.

I also saw in the Canes threads that Dundon seems to be around his players a lot 'to pass on his messages'.

If Molson came to the locker room near Price and mentioned his good ol' 8 year timeline I don't think there would be any fist bumping going on. :biglaugh:

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Although I like Armia's puck possession skills and how he guards the puck, I really thought Weal would have been a good match on the right side of KK.

KK is a 45% faceoff centre while Weal produced same stats as Thompson at 55% last year. Weal could have shared some draws with KK, especially if in the defensive zone.

IMO, Weal and Armia are a wash offensively at the moment, hopefully one shows more than the other one, after the next few games, so the decision gets clearer.

I think the logic is that Armia's size, strength and play on the boards will create more space for Drouin and Kotkaniemi.

I expect a fair amount of movement in that spot though.

Reactions: Holystik

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
As much that i think Lekhonen is not a bad person

Him playing on a second line over Drouin is ****ing dumb.

Also the fact that Lekhonen and Armia are top 9 while Weal had a way better camp and Byron is a more useful player than both of them , i dont get this

If they dont want Drouin around the top 6 anymore , then better play him in a top 6 and try to get him hot and trade him when he get hot , you won't increase his value on a 3rd line.

Again Kotkaniemi is gonna play with 2 anchors not working

While Suzuki is playing with top 6 players and doing good , what a weird coincidence , yikes.
Obviously, this is a post written by two separate people with conflicting and contradictory views.

In the first part, the writer states that Lekhy doesn't belong on the Domi line ahead of Drouin. After writing that he goes into the kitchen to prepare himself a snack and leaves his message on-screen without posting.

While the first person is in the kitchen, a second person walks up to the computer reads the unposted message and adds that KK is playing with Drouin who is an anchor and doesn even belong on the third line. He then adds that Nikki Slixx is playing with top six players, Domi & Lehky.

That second person posts the message without deleting the first part.

I'm hoping for your sake that my hairbrained scenario actually happened and that you are not responsible for the whole message.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Domi was mediocre, or worse, at C in everything.
We got excited by his point totals, but reality is that even there he was only a mediocre top 6 C.

I think he can be just as productive at W, and maybe even moreso without the added responsibilities.

Danault is a better C. Suzuki & JKO have the tools to be better.
Just out of curiosity I'd like to watch some games on your Telly. I'm positive different games from a different dimension are being cabled to you.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Just out of curiosity I'd like to watch some games on your Telly. I'm positive different games from a different dimension are being cabled to you.

I live far from Mtl...

But you could also try to find CJ's feed & watch that... You'll see the same thing.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Pierre Gervais confirmed in an interview two seasons ago that Bergevin picks the numbers for all incoming prospects, and also has a large amount of input on what numbers are given to players coming to the team via trade/signings.

He made a comment in the interview that said under all of the GMs he's ever worked under, he's never seen a GM more "involved" in the numbers worn by the players.

If you go back and look at all of the numbers worn by players who have played for the Habs under Bergevin's tenure, you'll see that certain numbers are always consistently in circulation. See #8, #13, #17, #21, #28 for example.

The guy is an absolute control freak.
Are we sure about this or is this just another slander from nowhere:

Drouin 92
Tatar 90
Lekhonen 62
Mete 53

And I don't know if 40s are considered high numbers

Thompson 44
Weal 43

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I'll give it a whirl. The new season. The same old... everything.

Formation du Canadien à l'entraînement mercredi :
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Domi-Suzuki
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-Thompson-Weal
Mete-Weber
Chiarot-Petry
Kulak-Fleury
Reilly-Folin

Price
Kinkaid

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Then why does it matter to Bergevin? Who cares what Lou does. Not because Lou does it means it's right. There's 29 GM that doesn't care.

A lot of players are superstitious or have numbers that mean a lot to them. It has nothing to do with us you're right but it has nothing to do with Bergevin either. What's next? Stopping players to be superstitious or have a routine? The guy is a control freak and likes to boss around.

Lol Lou does it too...! Who gives a ****.
I don't know if it matters to him or not. It certainly doesn't matter to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad