Pre-Game Talk: Habs vs Canes October 3rd at 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Here is hoping that Suzuki and Fleury are able to keep up with the pace of a regular season game. The intensity is about to ramp up.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
4-3 Habs

Suzuki
Danault
Gallagher
Weber
5 - 0 Canes.
Shots 45- 18 in favor of Canes

Never disappointed if your standards are low
5-2 Canes

Canes were one of the best teams in the league last year in the 2nd half of the season.

My gut says Canes win. We're definitely underdogs going into tonight.

Our only chance is to play with the same relentless pace as last year. Let's see if we have it in us.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
therockmic-322x381.jpeg

It's finally this time of the year where Hockey is finally back.
Thrusday night, Habs makes a trip to Carolina to face the "Habs for a day" Sebastian Aho.

Win, Lose, OTL?

The Habs missed the playoff by 2 points last year and it was the game against the Canes that probably took them out of a playoff appearance.

Big 2 points to start the season....3 first games are on the road.
Let's start this road trip on a good note.

giphy.gif

Who will score the first goal of the 2019-2020 Habs season?
LMAO !!

(that was a great flick)

Reactions: Milhouse40

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Can someone explain what is going on with the jersey number thing? I missed something.

Fleury was asked why did he change his previously high number jersey to no. 20 and he answered that MB doesn’t like high numbers.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Canes take this one no problem.

Habs are better in net, but nowhere else.

That has become a tradition in Montreal.

Reactions: habsfan891

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Fleury was asked why did he change his previously high number jersey to no. 20 and he answered that MB doesn’t like high numbers.
Wrong answer. He should have said something like "I felt that in order to be good in the room, I didn't deserve a high number yet. It has nothing to do with management. It was my own decision because I want to be good in the room. Being good in the room is the goal, along with trying to make the playoffs. We are all family here and support each other 200%"

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Are we sure about this or is this just another slander from nowhere:

Drouin 92
Tatar 90
Lekhonen 62
Mete 53

And I don't know if 40s are considered high numbers

Thompson 44
Weal 43

Ask Gerv! No. 3

"3. Question from Stephane M. Pichette, via Facebook

"How do you assign jersey numbers?"

Marc Bergevin is pretty involved in how the numbers get chosen for players who are with us for the full season. Some general managers are, some aren't. Marc likes being involved in the decisions on numbers. Not in training camp, but when a new player arrives, he is. If we sign a new player, we'll call him and I'll tell him what's available. Generally, Marc will choose for the the player, unless he sends me a request. If he really wants a certain number - as long as it's not retired - I'll tell Marc, but he has the final say."

I'd say I'm pretty sure.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Ah yeah, I'm sure those other guys will hit plenty, but for Weber you'd have to find me some footage from the last 3 years. I'm afraid we didn't get the monster hitter we thought we were getting in that trade.

He has his rep,and that alone is a deterrent as you never know if he'll pelt you into the boards or not.Prime Weber is made for the PO's. Habs need to get there first though.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Wrong answer. He should have said something like "I felt that in order to be good in the room, I didn't deserve a high number yet. It has nothing to do with management. It was my own decision because I want to be good in the room. Being good in the room is the goal, along with trying to make the playoffs. We are all family here and support each other 200%"

Or maybe, he could have mentioned an affinity for DLo’s massive neck.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

And people complain why the players give the most generic interview answers.

Case in point, the media will take anything you says and blow it up.

Reactions: Mudz

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Once fleury understands the media his answer to this question will be "its just a number, I'm here to play hockey"

Reactions: Gravity

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

The f*** are you talking about? Seriously where is the logic here.

Fleury said Bergevin asked him to change his number, media relay what Fleury told them to the public. That's their f***ing job. The end.

If you want media who only relay informations favorable to the regime... You can move to Iran.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

And of course nobody will mention he was saying it with a big smile on his face, doesnt fit they're agenda

How to make a big fuss out of nothing 101

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
"Well, you know what, for me when you play defense, and how i want our defense to play, you come to work with your hard hat on. You play tough, you play physical, nothing fancy, so I ask the player, Cale, to go with a number that is nothing fancy. I think 20 is a hard hat number [laughs]."

:sarcasm:

RandR

May 15, 2011

And then this board blows up it further.

It's Fleury's first NHL game tonight. I'm sure whatever number is on his jersey is absolutely irrelevant to him tonight.

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->