Confirmed with Link: Habs vs Bruins (12/18/2021) has been postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
My wording might not have been appropriate but we are not in a court of law here, we are just random people on a message board. I don't know what the percentages are/were but I do know that the stance of both provinces changed from October to November. It is not my recommendation on anything that matters, I might just be Bob in a truckers hat but I do know that both provinces pulled back and that says something.

The possibility that you are trucker Bob never crossed my mind, it is more with the wording; it makes it sound as though people who make it their business to know about diseases and factors that help prevent them are divided on the issue of vaccination. That is certainly not the case, as supermajority of us are vaccinated. No hard feelings.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The possibility that you are trucker Bob never crossed my mind, it is more with the wording; it makes it sound as though people who make it their business to know about diseases and factors that help prevent them are divided on the issue of vaccination. That is certainly not the case, as supermajority of us are vaccinated. No hard feelings.
No offense taken, I don't have feelings anyhow, I'm too old for that. Cheers.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Easy one: Because the risk of a severe vaccine reaction is negligible for people with no previous history of vaccine allergy, and because you don't live in a vacuum. COVID vaccines make it less likely you’ll get sick and especially unlikely you’ll get very sick and end up in an ICU bed, occupying a spot that otherwise would very likely be available. That's all.
So any person engaging in a measure of behavior that increases their likelihood of winding up in an ICU bed, must now be forced to cease or curb such behavior because they might occupy a spot that would otherwise very likely be available? Or is this a special case just like every time Covid gets used as an excuse to control people or limit their behavior?

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Are you assuming that the passports are going to last forever?
Maybe not forever, but for COVID, I’d say at least another 2 or 3 years.
I wouldn’t write-off some sort of vaccination passport for all sorts of diseases/viruses. It’s not only about Canada, it’s also for everywhere else in the world if anyone plans to travel.

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
So any person engaging in a measure of behavior that increases their likelihood of winding up in an ICU bed, must now be forced to cease or curb such behavior because they might occupy a spot that would otherwise very likely be available? Or is this a special case just like every time Covid gets used as an excuse to control people or limit their behavior?
Good God, what a stupid comment, remarkably so. In case this this tidbit isn’t already clear to you, I would say anytime you knowingly engage in behavior that increases the odds of ending up in an ICU bed, you should want to reconsider that activity. That aside, people incur injury and illness often through no fault of their own, who require intensive care.

Nobody is asking you to storm Omaha beach here, putting on a mask and getting vaccinated should not be a huge of a sacrifice in an attempt to stem a disease that’s already killed millions around the world. Nobody, and certainly not healthcare workers, are using COVID as an excuse to control you, track or limit your movements (frankly, you are just not that important). But if you are not going to get vaccinated and not practice social distancing (or as you refer to it, control you and limit your behavior) in the face of 800k deaths from COVID in the US alone, at least have the courage of your convictions: should you become ill with the disease to require intensive care, please have the courtesy to die at home and leave those ICU beds open for those who may need them through no fault of their own, or for those with COVID you’ve helped spread.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Simple answer, don't travel if you don't want to possibly get stuck.

Well, sometimes in the NHL, your employer plays three straight games in a foreign (read : non-residece) country.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Good God, what a stupid comment, remarkably so. In case this this tidbit isn’t already clear to you, I would say anytime you knowingly engage in behavior that increases the odds of ending up in an ICU bed, you should want to reconsider that activity. That aside, people incur injury and illness often through no fault of their own, who require intensive care.

Nobody is asking you to storm Omaha beach here, putting on a mask and getting vaccinated should not be a huge of a sacrifice in an attempt to stem a disease that’s already killed millions around the world. Nobody, and certainly not healthcare workers, are using COVID as an excuse to control you, track or limit your movements (frankly, you are just not that important). But if you are not going to get vaccinated and not practice social distancing (or as you refer to it, control you and limit your behavior) in the face of 800k deaths from COVID in the US alone, at least have the courage of your convictions: should you become ill with the disease to require intensive care, please have the courtesy to die at home and leave those ICU beds open for those who may need them through no fault of their own, or for those with COVID you’ve helped spread.
Telling someone to go die at home with an entire paragraph of passive aggressiveness. Typical super loving liberal who wants to save the world.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Telling someone to go die at home with an entire paragraph of passive aggressiveness. Typical super loving liberal who wants to save the world.

Don’t forget to ask him about « trucker Bob ». Breaker 1-9, breaker 1-9. Come on!

According to the Urban dictionary, a trucker Bob is also a guy who is ugh, getting serviced while he’s driving. OC, I never thought you had it in you. :laugh:

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Don’t forget to ask him about « trucker Bob ». Breaker 1-9, breaker 1-9. Come on!

According to the Urban dictionary, a trucker Bob is also a guy who is ugh, getting serviced while he’s driving. OC, I never thought you had it in you. :laugh:

Now I want to go watch Smokey and the Bandit again.

Breaker 1-9, you got your ears on Snowman. That's a big ol 10-4 there buddy. :)

Cledus_20Snow_20_Snowman__large.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Now I want to go watch Smokey and the Bandit again.

Breaker 1-9, you got your ears on Snowman. That's a big ol 10-4 there buddy. :)

Cledus_20Snow_20_Snowman__large.jpg

In the CB radio days, people used that in their cars to do what cellphones do now. Except that the channels weren’t private and anyone could listen or worse, they could jam your channel by causing noises, making it impossible to communicate.

The guys who caused interference on CB radio channels were known as jammers. Luckily, there used to be guys with sophisticated equipment who could locate a jammer within a 2-3 block area.

One time this jammer was such an asshole that he caused interference for hours and no one could use their CB. The guy with the detection equipment located the jammer and sent some guys to comb the blocks where his signal came from.

They found the guy in his car and immediately grabbed him and yanked off his CB equipment, ripping it from his dashboard. They then put it in the middle of the street, got back into their car and ran it over a dozen times until it became a pancake.

Now THAT’s a big 10-4 there, buddy! :sarcasm:

Reactions: sheed36

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
In the CB radio days, people used that in their cars to do what cellphones do now. Except that the channels weren’t private and anyone could listen or worse, they could jam your channel by causing noises, making it impossible to communicate.

The guys who caused interference on CB radio channels were known as jammers. Luckily, there used to be guys with sophisticated equipment who could locate a jammer within a 2-3 block area.

One time this jammer was such an asshole that he caused interference for hours and no one could use their CB. The guy with the detection equipment located the jammer and sent some guys to comb the blocks where his signal came from.

They found the guy in his car and immediately grabbed him and yanked off his CB equipment, ripping it from his dashboard. They then put it in the middle of the street, got back into their car and ran it over a dozen times until it became a pancake.

Now THAT’s a big 10-4 there, buddy! :sarcasm:

I was quite heavy into the good ol CB about 25 years ago. We used them to communicate with our remote cabin for the most part. I still have 3 CB's lying around here and other CB related items but haven't used them in years. I use to listen to "skip" all the time on the CB sideband from all over the world. A buddy of mine use to talk to many all over Europe and in the USA and further south when the skip was running good. Good times.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Trucker Bob has nothing on Tyler Toffoli.

The Athletic said this recently, about Toffoli's talents:

AefFrK1.png

That's right. Toffoli is a "hole-finder".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad