Confirmed with Link: Habs vs Bruins (12/18/2021) has been postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I imagine Bruins didn't want to cross the border and get players stuck here like Carolina did.

Montreal is supposed to start a 3 game road trip Monday to NYI, NYR then New Jersey.

New Jersey is currently going through their own Covid issues, so we'll see what happens.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Was going to say that this is the season where I'd be fine if it shutdown. :laugh:

One problem though... if it did, what happens in the draft? Likely a lottery situation like the one that happened in 2005.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Was hoping to see the game on a saturday vs the pooh, but revenues are more important. Might as well just shut it down till boxing day. Give the players a break, let some guys heal up. I can see lockdown and us getting screwed for the draft as a possibility.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Was going to say that this is the season where I'd be fine if it shutdown. :laugh:

One problem though... if it did, what happens in the draft? Likely a lottery situation like the one that happened in 2005.

There's 25-31 games played already. They can just do the usual stuff.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
It'll be up to individual player to follow guidelines and do the best they can within their own friend/family groups and community, but it's probably a good idea to take the rest of the 2021 calendar year off since it's the holidays anyways and evaluate late December/early January. If needed, make up games during the Olympic break which I think the NHL will not be attending.

I know a break doesn't guarantee a drop in infections, but a break will guarantee that players won't spread them to opposing players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad