Confirmed with Link: Habs vs Bruins (12/18/2021) has been postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
It's the health organizations who are making this call.

Shutting stuff down going into the holidays is fine, it will allow us to get the data we need on Omicron and if it continues to trend the way it has in South Africa, the health organizations will probably be comfortable to allow fully vaxxed players and participants into these areas.

It's about protecting the vulnerable but right now it feels a little bit too much like they're trying to protect the unvaccinated from getting it through the spread and honestly, the time is passed to care about those idiots.
Yes it’s only two weeks right?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Are you assuming that the passports are going to last forever?

As long as the virus continues to put unvaccinated people in hospitals, yep.

A lot of these interventions and the pandemic itself will last a lot longer than necessary because of people who seem to think that Dave with a trucker hat, sunglasses and a fish on a hook knows more than epidemiologists.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
As long as the virus continues to put unvaccinated people in hospitals, yep.

A lot of these interventions and the pandemic itself will last a lot longer than necessary because of people who seem to think that Dave with a trucker hat, sunglasses and a fish on a hook knows more than epidemiologists.
What about all of the health care professionals across the country that are willing to walk away from careers/benefits/pensions rather than take it, why would they do that? Are they all misinformed? These people were hailed as heroes last year before anyone was vaccinated and now they have to face the decision to get it or else. I don't think that all of these people are idiots or Daves in trucker hats.

Reactions: hvac412

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What about all of the health care professionals across the country that are willing to walk away from careers/benefits/pensions rather than take it, why would they do that? Are they all misinformed? These people were hailed as heroes last year before anyone was vaccinated and now they have to face the decision to get it or else. I don't think that all of these people are idiots or Daves in trucker hats.

My fiancee works at a hospital and those health care workers are more operational, they're not those who are doctors, surgeons or other professionals. So yeah, they are listening to the Facebook crackpots.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Just read game is still on for Monday but lehkonen is in COVID protocol and Armia and Perreault are out with injuries. Is this all for real? Ridiculous season

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
My fiancee works at a hospital and those health care workers are more operational, they're not those who are doctors, surgeons or other professionals. So yeah, they are listening to the Facebook crackpots.
Are you listing nurses in the group of operational workers? Ontario and Quebec backed down on their requirements for fear of the impact to staffing numbers, I don't think they do that for a few operational workers that listen to crackpots on FB.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Just read game is still on for Monday but lehkonen is in COVID protocol and Armia and Perreault are out with injuries. Is this all for real? Ridiculous season
Well we had to take hard measure after a win. Can’t have a 2 game winning scream god forbid

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I’m with you on this one….if you have the natural vaccine in your body then why should you be jabbed…..at the end of the day it’s on you.

The vaccinated can get Covid from vaccinated or non vaccinated…..it’s not like I’m more at risk hanging with a unvaccinated person, it’s the other way around.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I’m with you on this one….if you have the natural vaccine in your body then why should you be jabbed…..at the end of the day it’s on you.

The vaccinated can get Covid from vaccinated or non vaccinated…..it’s not like I’m more at risk hanging with a unvaccinated person, it’s the other way around.
I just don't like the way that things have unfolded that's all. I tend to believe a little bit of everything but certainly not all of it. I believe that while covid is serious( I had it last year) I also believe that there is also a desire amongst those in higher authority to never let a good disaster go to waste.

Why is there no talk of building a natural immunity? Exercising, getting outside and getting lots of vitamin D or other alternative treatments? It's only our way or the highway sort of approach. One shot, two shots, a booster and potentially more shots to come, like when does it end? A week ago Omicron gets mentioned and now all of a sudden we all know that lockdowns are on the way, just like that. Of all of the exposures to this new variant we have 7 hospitalizations here in NS, 7!!!! I believe that the hysteria/panic are doing much more mental damage than covid or any variant will ever do, sooner or later we will need to go back to normal.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Are you listing nurses in the group of operational workers? Ontario and Quebec backed down on their requirements for fear of the impact to staffing numbers, I don't think they do that for a few operational workers that listen to crackpots on FB.

Not so much in NS, but a Nurses educations aren't as vested in science as opposed to client care, they only learn to do very basic things like administer drugs for pain management so again, not necessarily the most educated a lot of the time.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Not so much in NS, but a Nurses educations aren't as vested in science as opposed to client care, they only learn to do very basic things like administer drugs for pain management so again, not necessarily the most educated a lot of the time.
Without our nurses our healthcare system would crumble, I think that you are diminishing their importance to justify your stance on the issue, I might be wrong on that but you also implied that bob in a trucker hat was giving people advice. Quebec and Ontario must see them in a higher regard than you are seeing them seeing as they retracted their stance on making them get vaxxed or else.

We all want to go back to normal but if we continue to live in fear we go nowhere but where we are now, two years from now we will still be having this conversation and it will still go nowhere.

Reactions: snakeye

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016

What fraction of healthcare professionals constitutes "all", 20%, 40%, more? And who falls into the "healthcare professional" bucket? Physicians? nurses? Anyone employed by a healthcare facility?

On a somewhat related question, what recommendation about Trident gum would you adhere to if your teeth depended on it, that of the 4 out of 5 dentists who advocate for it, or the one from 20% of dentists who do not?

By the way, in the US, 7 out of 8 physicians and 9 out of 10 pharmacists are vaccinated against SARS-CoV2, at last count.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
What fraction of healthcare professionals constitutes "all", 20%, 40%, more? And who falls into the "healthcare professional" bucket? Physicians? nurses? Anyone employed by a healthcare facility?

On a somewhat related question, what recommendation about Trident gum would you adhere to if your teeth depended on it, that of the 4 out of 5 dentists who advocate for it, or the one from 20% of dentists who do not?

By the way, in the US, 7 out of 8 physicians and 9 out of 10 pharmacists are vaccinated against SARS-CoV2, at last count.
My wording might not have been appropriate but we are not in a court of law here, we are just random people on a message board. I don't know what the percentages are/were but I do know that the stance of both provinces changed from October to November. It is not my recommendation on anything that matters, I might just be Bob in a truckers hat but I do know that both provinces pulled back and that says something.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

You'd be surprised...

No profession is immune to ppl with flawed critical thinking skills.

And the reality is that it's a very tiny %.

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
if you have the natural vaccine in your body then why should you be jabbed…..at the end of the day it’s on you.
Easy one: Because the risk of a severe vaccine reaction is negligible for people with no previous history of vaccine allergy, and because you don't live in a vacuum. COVID vaccines make it less likely you’ll get sick and especially unlikely you’ll get very sick and end up in an ICU bed, occupying a spot that otherwise would very likely be available. That's all.

Reactions: Forum93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad