Post-Game Talk: Habs Unceremoniously Torched -- Blanked by LAK 3-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
In all seriousness, this was a long break and the team probably was nervous to play at home. I won't expect this level of badness until I see a string of these games. It did look like the team that I thought it would, that being said.

Toronto was probably nervous against us their home opener too. Lot of pressure on them and specially Tavares.

Zusammenhalt

Dump & chase-not a fan of
Jan 18, 2007
Depot Division
I decided to look up 1993 in the NHL. A quarter century ago feels like so long ago. Montreal clearly dominated with Quebec being the only team to take them to 6 games.
Buffalo skunked Boston 4 games to zero, then Montreal skunked Buffalo 4 games to zero. NYI only won 1 game vs Montreal in that series and then Montreal wins in 5 games vs Los Angeles.

Pretty interesting times 1st woman to play in a preseason game. Ottawa and Tampa's first year in the NHL bringing the league up to 24 teams. Bettman becomes commissioner. Teemu Selanne's rookie season scores 76 goals.

1992–93 NHL season - Wikipedia

"As of 2018, this is the last time that a Canadian team has won the Stanley Cup."

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
for their home opener? And do they share an arena or do the Kings and Rangers have NBA teams play a game in their building before a home opener? Sounds really stupid. On top of that when the owner is talking about how important it is to improve the fan experience and the first game they can't even get proper ice because he needed to make more coin. Sounds like an owner that says one thing to try and make it sound good but really doesn't care or just shouldn't be the president.

Knicks play at MSG. Lakers play at the Kings arena. Celtics play at TD Gâaaaden.

Reactions: muzion and Runner77

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Lots of bad vibes here again.

I think we had a good game, but LA played a good away game and shot better than us.

I can't see how we're supposed to be a bottom feeder and be pissed at this game. We outplayed them, but they shut us down once they got the lead.

Regarding Shaw's goal: I agree it shouldn't be a goal, but I wish the NHL would get clear rules. Remember the goal when Carey was literally dragged out of his net, but it was ruled a good goal since he had one pad outside of his crease?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
There was a small part of me that thought him simply being a .920 goalie would be enough, but then I thought rationally, evaluated all the other teams in the east and said “nah, he needs to be at least a .930, and good luck putting up those numbers in today’s NHL playing starting minutes.”

maybe .920 depending on where that puts his gaa. I'd say if we scored a lot more, got Weber back in a month and he was playing like his old self and Price is letting in something closer to at least around 2.25 or so then maybe as the league is so tight between the bubble teams and wild cards. Unless you are really good or really bad you are going to win games as last year 18 teams won between 33 and 47 games leaving 7 teams with 49 or more wins and 6 teams winning 31 or less.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Danault showing his lack of upside tonight. I like him but he should be moved down the lineup with Domi and Kotkaniemi as the top 6 Cs.

I want Deslauriers (if healthy) or Scherbak in next game, and to sit Peca. Hudon has been better, and Shaw has been the good version of himself (deserved that goal tonight).

Byron-Domi-Gallagher (hard work, speed, pressure)
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Armia (Talent and puck control)
Drouin-Danault-Lehkonen (Drouin gets easier matchups, good defensive coverage from other two)
Deslauriers-Shaw-Hudon (Heavier (for us) 4th line that can play. Hudon plays with players who give him space)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Knicks play at MSG. Lakers play at the Kings arena. Celtics play at TD Gâaaaden.

so it's different cause they share so it happens all the time for them and I know the Habs have all kinds of concerts but to me when the owner is the sole attraction, they should do what's best for the Habs.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I understand why people are jaded and negative but I actually like what I have seen in the three games, even this one.

Juulsen and Reilly with some pretty weak plays in the first half but got stronger later and Julien keeps on playing them. He really seem to be handling the team bearing in mind it's one of the youngest in the NHL this year. However, Julien's misuse of Hudon is going to waste that player, if there is anything at all to get here. Not a huge fan of Hudon but you either sit him and play someone else or you give him a real chance.

Anyways, those three games seem like a good sample of what to expect all year. This is going to be a development year with ups and down.

Kudos to Benn for living down to expectations. Guy won't let go of his rivalry with Alzner to win the "most useless D" title.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Reality will start kicking in now. At least this season, they’ll lose but in a trying manner. Let the kids play and develop. We saw some of the potential some of these kids have, I like the way we move the puck and create chances.

Reactions: Pickles

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
so it's different cause they share so it happens all the time for them and I know the Habs have all kinds of concerts but to me when the owner is the sole attraction, they should do what's best for the Habs.
hell sometimes they'll have bball and hockey on the same day, not a big deal at all...

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I understand why people are jaded and negative but I actually like what I have seen in the three games, even this one.

Juulsen and Reilly with some pretty weak plays in the first half but got stronger later and Julien keeps on playing them. He really seem to be handling the team bearing in mind it's one of the youngest in the NHL this year. However, Julien's misuse of Hudon is going to waste that player, if there is anything at all to get here. Not a huge fan of Hudon but you either sit him and play someone else or you give him a real chance.

Anyways, those three games seem like a good sample of what to expect all year. This is going to be a development year with ups and down.

Kudos to Benn for living down to expectations. Guy won't let go of his rivalry with Alzner to win the "most useless D" title.

Yup, they got more scoring chances by far than the kings did.

Price needed that first goal back.

We couldn't finish. Reilly, Tatar, Hudon, etc. all had decent scoring chances and couldn't convert.

I expect games like this often this year but I'm not overly upset about the game itself, reffing was bad but otherwise the habs were the better team for large stretches in my mind...

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad