Proposal: Habs trades to change the things up

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I was intrigued with the first trade.... Second one was too much.

I think the first trade is a real possibility as a Gallagher-RNH trade as been around for some time now, but like Oils fans mention, they need him for the season. So I could see this happen at the end of this season (Obviously without Mitchell who's gonna be UFA)

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Can't see the Coyotes giving up their #1 dman and best young player with star potential right now.. they've got a good thing going and im sure will want to see it through.

But that would be on hell of a shakeup for sure, probably closer to NHL18 trade than realistic one though :D

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Next offseason at the earliest. Habs are in trouble now and will probably make panic moves. Other teams aren't in the same situation.

Oilers can stand pat.
We are in trouble? its pre-season ffs, yes it doesnt look good, but realy?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Habs still struggle to score. Nothing has changed since last season.

so the new season has started already? i am aware of our lack of pure skills and backhand offense. But like i said this is preseason. honestly if Galchenyuk can start back to produce our full offensive line up is decent, we did lose radulov, Drouin has looked deadly on the powerplay and once they actually work on it, its gonna be deadly. dont underestimate guys like Hudon wich could sound pretty unknown for you but kid got a talent and a realy good IQ, Lehkonen could also blow up at any moment. going foward, Pacioretty, Drouin, Galchenyuk, lehkonen, gallagher, Hudon, plekanec, hemsky, shaw, danault thats alot of depth for a top 9 and once everybody is in game shape, i think its gonna be hard for teams to counter every single of these line. The crucial part is our defense, but if mete can keep playing good and earn the spot next to Weber and even progress as the season go it could realy look great.

Pacioretty - Drouin - Gallagher
Hudon - Plekanec - Galchenyuk
Lehkonen - Danault - Hemsky

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Benn - X

that doesnt look bad at all.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
We seem to hear that year after year, and nothing ever changes. Swapping around new players like Radulov and Drouin doesn't really change anything.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
so the new season has started already? i am aware of our lack of pure skills and backhand offense. But like i said this is preseason. honestly if Galchenyuk can start back to produce our full offensive line up is decent, we did lose radulov, Drouin has looked deadly on the powerplay and once they actually work on it, its gonna be deadly. dont underestimate guys like Hudon wich could sound pretty unknown for you but kid got a talent and a realy good IQ, Lehkonen could also blow up at any moment. going foward, Pacioretty, Drouin, Galchenyuk, lehkonen, gallagher, Hudon, plekanec, hemsky, shaw, danault thats alot of depth for a top 9 and once everybody is in game shape, i think its gonna be hard for teams to counter every single of these line. The crucial part is our defense, but if mete can keep playing good and earn the spot next to Weber and even progress as the season go it could realy look great.

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Benn - X

OK. :whaaa?:

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Benn - X

You guys are 2 injuries to your top 6 away from falling off the map. And your blue line is lacking behind your top 2. Your prospect pipeline is also not fairing overly well.

I'd like to point out that Saint Louis has lost 2 top 6 forwards, 2 bottom 6 forwards, and 1 top 4 dman in training camp (3 of those 5 are out until January, minimum) - their roster still looks far better than all of Montréal's except in net because of their prospect pipeline (also drafting lower than Montréal in general). Bergy needs to be replaced and your scouting needs to improve.

Montréal needs to be targeting Arizona for a trade, but looking at Dylan Strome or Max Domi, which Arizona might actually trade. Or surrender to the fact that they might be missing the playoffs this year and hope to move up in the lottery draft.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
:edmonton
Gallagher
Mitchell
2nd rnd pick (Chi)

:habs
RNH
3rd

then

:coyotes
Galchenyuk
Max Pac
Juulsen
2nd Rnd pick 2019

:habs
Keller
OEL
B. Richardson

Then Habs sign Jagr for like 3 to 3.5 mill

J. Drouin - RNH - Hemsky
Lehkonen - Keller - Jagr
Hudon - Pleky - Byron
Shaw - Danault - Richardson

OEL - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn
Jerabek - Davidson

Price
Montoya

That's a more balanced team me thinks!

Ok let the roasting begin!
Yeah the Yotes aren't dealing OEL and Keller Nuff said.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You guys are 2 injuries to your top 6 away from falling off the map. And your blue line is lacking behind your top 2. Your prospect pipeline is also not fairing overly well.

I'd like to point out that Saint Louis has lost 2 top 6 forwards, 2 bottom 6 forwards, and 1 top 4 dman in training camp (3 of those 5 are out until January, minimum) - their roster still looks far better than all of Montréal's except in net because of their prospect pipeline (also drafting lower than Montréal in general). Bergy needs to be replaced and your scouting needs to improve.

Montréal needs to be targeting Arizona for a trade, but looking at Dylan Strome or Max Domi, which Arizona might actually trade. Or surrender to the fact that they might be missing the playoffs this year and hope to move up in the lottery draft.

Arizona isnt likely to move any more future pieces for now help - especially when it comes to Domi.

And despite the rest of the world being down on home, Arizona was happy to let Strome stew in juniors. He looked really good in Tuesday's game, and cant imagine theyd be willing to sell him now, after letting him take time to develop.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
No chance either of these deals happen . On a side note at least there was no Plekanec for RNH in there

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That Arizona proposal is laughably bad.

Wouldnt get you OEL alone let alone an elite prospect like Keller.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Add me to the list of people that thinks OEL is worth more than that package. OEL is a great player.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
We are in trouble? its pre-season ffs, yes it doesnt look good, but realy?

in my best jerry seinfeld voice " Have you SEEN us play?!?!?!!?!?" yes we are in trouble, big big trouble. The plan was to lean on price to keep it at 2 goals or fewer and hope that we scored by committee to win more than our fair share of 2-1 squeakers. But our D sucks big time meaning that the notion that price will be able to heel at at two or lower is pretty slim.

Higher GA, same or lower GF still worst center depth in the league and the prospect cuppord being largely bare means that we are, indeed, in big big trouble.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

Thats a ridiculous claim to say, you take off any top6 foward from any team and its likely yo damage them alot. I dont think st-louis is looking great at all. Our biggest question mark is if Mete can still perform and keep doing his progression next to weber, if he does, our top 4 is looking good, not a fan of alzner and his contract but dont act like alzner - petry isnt a good top 4. Montreal still have 8M in cap space to work around, maybe we dont have that much assets but sometime capspace is a big factor, look at the drouin trade its a proof.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
in my best jerry seinfeld voice " Have you SEEN us play?!?!?!!?!?" yes we are in trouble, big big trouble. The plan was to lean on price to keep it at 2 goals or fewer and hope that we scored by committee to win more than our fair share of 2-1 squeakers. But our D sucks big time meaning that the notion that price will be able to heel at at two or lower is pretty slim.

Higher GA, same or lower GF still worst center depth in the league and the prospect cuppord being largely bare means that we are, indeed, in big big trouble.

You guys need to chill honestly its pre-season. Yes it hasnt looked good and we were player vs lesser team, we have been having guys that are in a tryout mode and arent fighting one bit to get a spot constantly being outplayed by enemies rookie. Drouin doesnt have much experience as a center and doesnt even look how of place and shows alot of potential there! Our first line is looking great everytime they are on the ice, we dont have much skills but our overall foward depth is very good and we will likely only see result once we will play our full roster vs other full roster. You can believe it or no, its up to you, we do still have major flaw but its not looking bad like you're making it look

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
so no center depth, slow ageing and soft D, a mishmash of " maybe THIS guy can play center"? to solve our problems, all of that you can roll together and come out with our glass is half full ?

You know who was dripping with potential, Jarred Tinordi and now apparently McCarron. How did that turn out ?

I don't mind losing every pre-season game but we have been awful independent of the scores. We are lucky to have lost all of the games, we have played so poorly its a miracle we didnt lose two games in one night.

the future is bleak. the habs are in trouble. water is wet.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Good god that is awful for Arizona. Wouldn’t give up Keller alone for that package, let alone OEL.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Good god that is awful for Arizona. Wouldn’t give up Keller alone for that package, let alone OEL.

Damn... thats just crazy. Do u expect a Matthews/McDavid for Keller?

Personally, I would not trade Chucky for Keller. Chucky is more proven. Keller is still a prospect. Habs need proven scoring, chucky is exactly that. Unfortunately, habs management is completely inept but that isnt chucky's fault. Hes extremely good offensively. With a legit top line forward he was on pace for around 70 points (tho that was just 25 games, but going back to last season, with pacs, he was on a ppg pace).
Its very possible Keller becomes better than chucky, i wont argue that, but so can he busts out. Ill keep my proven player for now. Sure hes had a good preseason, but its just preseason. Otherwise, I would have u believe Mete is a legit top pairing Dman right now.

Then u got Pacs, probably the most underrated player on these boards alongside Chucky, + Juulsen, a great prospect, and a second round pick for one of the best Dman in the NHL. This is where it gets bad for Arizona. OEL is worth mare than a top line player + picks/prospects. But, he did have a bad season. So its not like ur not getting any value. Overall its a bad trade for Arizona, but comments like urs are awfully stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad