Proposal: Habs Trades (Pens/Blues/Wild/Kings)

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Lol, cool. We will shop our guys somewhere else then. Good luck for the playoffs, I hope your clutch performer Gaborik brings you the cup.

We are miles closer to the dream of a Cup then your team with little help coming from your system. Enjoy trying to make the playoffs let alone sniff a cup. 25 years and counting.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
We are miles closer to the dream of a Cup then your team with little help coming from your system. Enjoy trying to make the playoffs let alone sniff a cup. 25 years and counting.

That wasn't really a point I was making. All I was trying to propose was to make your team better now and our team better in the future. If we were trying to contend, we wouldn't be shopping Patches.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
That wasn't really a point I was making. All I was trying to propose was to make your team better now and our team better in the future. If we were trying to contend, we wouldn't be shopping Patches.

Most King fans hope we're done trading young good prospects and high draft picks for players that can't be part of our long term plans. Trading a high end prospect and 1st for any player we would only have for 1-2 years is a no go for me as that would just lead to a big nasty rebuild.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
No need to mortgage the future

Just out of curiosity, when considering this deal I thought about the role Gabe plays, and I don't see why he is so high up on everyone's list as a nearly untouchable player --- I think people are forgetting that just because fans don't want to move him, doesn't mean management wouldn't either.

The fact is that LA is looking for a cup before Doughty's free agency status comes up. Gabe fills the C role, which means he is at best your 3C for the next 5 years behind Kopitar and Carter. As long as Brown is decent, him and Toffoli are your Top 6RW as well.

He's able to be moved to make your team better now, simple as that.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Just out of curiosity, when considering this deal I thought about the role Gabe plays, and I don't see why he is so high up on everyone's list as a nearly untouchable player --- I think people are forgetting that just because fans don't want to move him, doesn't mean management wouldn't either.

The fact is that LA is looking for a cup before Doughty's free agency status comes up. Gabe fills the C role, which means he is at best your 3C for the next 5 years behind Kopitar and Carter. As long as Brown is decent, him and Toffoli are your Top 6RW as well.

He's able to be moved to make your team better now, simple as that.

I could see Gabe taking 2c with carter moving to top line to center brown on the right side and Kopitar on the lw
Kopitar carter brown
pearson gabe toffoli
gaborik kempe brodzinski
clifford shore lewis

Kings have plenty of good young forwards coming . Patches would just push them out of the lineup and be more expensive then the new younger players. Kings are better off with keeping the young talent

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I could see Gabe taking 2c with carter moving to top line to WING

Carter Kopitar brown
pearson gabe toffoli
gaborik kempe brodzinski
clifford shore lewis

Kings have plenty of good young forwards coming . Patches would just push them out of the lineup and be more expensive then the new younger players. Kings are better off with keeping the young talent

Fixed it for you. You never move your best defensive center to wing that's just silly. But agree with not moving young parts for the older player.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Patches is a great player no disrespect to him. But he would essentially be a 2 year rental for STL and he is of the position of our greatest strength.

As others have stated would have to say no and gamble on Fabbs. Value is not horrible though Patches just isn't much of a need. IF he was RH and or played RW it may be a different story

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Patches is a great player no disrespect to him. But he would essentially be a 2 year rental for STL and he is of the position of our greatest strength.

As others have stated would have to say no and gamble on Fabbs. Value is not horrible though Patches just isn't much of a need. IF he was RH and or played RW it may be a different story

Respect your opinion and you make a valid a point but I hope terms like "2 year rental" really start to fade away.

member 88115

LA is done trading high end prospects or 1st round picks for short term help once DL got fired. Patches would be a welcome addition, but dont have the available assets to make it happen. Unless you want Martinez and a 2nd

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
I’d do fabbri, barby, and gunnerson for patches and you eat 20% salary to make it work.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I could see Gabe taking 2c with carter moving to top line to center brown on the right side and Kopitar on the lw
Kopitar carter brown
pearson gabe toffoli
gaborik kempe brodzinski
clifford shore lewis

Where is Iafallo?

Edit: I think the point of Vilardi making the line up, the Kings will trade someone in the Top 6. Probably something around Carter. But if not they will be really deep.

Brown--Kopitar--Carter
Pearson--Kempe--Toffoli
Iafallo--Vilardi--Gaborik
Lewis--Shore--Brodzinski

Last edited:

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
Every time I see you post, you just say something pointless with no reasoning behind it.

Really confused why you use this site at all, seeing how you never contribute anything meaningful to any discussion :help:
What good are you doing just saying he contributes nothing? Responding to a proposal and giving feedback is exactly what contributing is..

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Respect your opinion and you make a valid a point but I hope terms like "2 year rental" really start to fade away.

It's not a term it's a fact. We cannot afford to keep him and he would not be part of our core. What I am meaning is it's not like we are paying the price of a rental we would have to cough up a lot more. It's just not smart for us to pay full price for an elite level player when we have no ability to retain him long term. He's not a rental to any team who can afford to pay him his next salary nor should he be sold as one

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Don’t think things line up all that well for us to be a trading partner with the Habs, but how about something like Sheary and Maatta for Patches and Benn?

Bad thing is though that we still need a good two way 3C so trading assets that we could potentially use to get one isn’t the best idea. The above trade does give us a little cap flexibility though, so who knows?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Penguins Receive: Patches, Alzner, 2017 4th

Habs Receive: Sprong, Lauzon, Maatta.

Patches is in his prime years, and fits perfectly with the Core 4 of Pittsburgh (Crosby/Malkin/Letang/Kessel). He instantly makes the team better on both sides of the puck, and with his lethal scoring abilities, he can slot in beside either Malkin or Crosby and be a phenomenal goal scorer. The Penguins only get better by adding Patches, and Alzner (and the 4th to accommodate for his slightly cumbersome contract) fill in nicely for Maatta, though obviously he is not a direct upgrade. Montreal gets three young players, two of which can play LD which is one of our more bare positions. Sprong becomes the future of our Right Wing, with Drouin/Galchenyuk/Sprong being a first line we can rely on for the next 6-8 years to produce at a high level.
Jesus that's bloody awful. Pittsburgh says f*** no.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Lol, cool. We will shop our guys somewhere else then. Good luck for the playoffs, I hope your clutch performer Gaborik brings you the cup.

With Doughty, Kopitar, Carter, etc Gabby doesn’t need to be a saviour. I don’t understand why you seem to be getting upset that we don’t see a need to mortgage the future for Patches

Reactions: go4hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad