Confirmed with Link: Habs trade Philippe Lefebvre and a 7th to Florida for George Parros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I saw your tweet the other night about how good this movie was. So I downloaded it a few days ago but after watching it for 30 minutes I decided to stop. It was so ****ing boring tbh. :laugh:

Does it get better during the last hour of the movie because seriously, I could understand why this documentary isn't known right now...

For the people who can speak french, here's a link if you're interested. Sorry, I couldn't find it in English on YouTube...

I loved that you saw the inside stories of those guys who do such a difficult job. And it's great to analyse such a character like Nilan is and his relation to his parent and all...I liked it. To each their own I guess.

68*

I saw your tweet the other night about how good this movie was. So I downloaded it a few days ago but after watching it for 30 minutes I decided to stop. It was so ****ing boring tbh. :laugh:

Does it get better during the last hour of the movie because seriously, I could understand why this documentary isn't known right now...

For the people who can speak french, here's a link if you're interested. Sorry, I couldn't find it in English on YouTube...

Watched the whole thing. Chris Nilan was not the best enforcer but he was probably the toughest. A guy from Boston that loved the Habs more than some Quebecers like Lecavalier ever did. Respect.
<3 Knuckles

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't think those on opposite sides of fight spectrum will ever come to agreement on it's benefits or lack there of. Those that believe what they believe are usually locked into their view point and unlikely to change their opinion based on anything put forward in these threads. I think debating whether it should/shouldn't be part of the game is largely irrelevant.

For now it is accepted and sought after by gm's ect. The question should be, do we conform to the existing rules in place and attempt to use it as a tactical advantage, or do we simply ignore this aspect of the game?

To me, as long as it continues, we need to get on board. It's a portion of our game that we currently don't have, whether we need it or not is up for debate. I think adding another dimension or as many dimensions as possible is a good idea. When the speed finesse game isn't working it would be nice to get a lift from another direction. Perhaps a spark can be created, perhaps it can't, the risk is almost nothing. The difference between an average 4th liner and one dimensional goon isn't as large as suggested, and if it adds another dimension to the team, quite possibly worth the minor discrepancy in talent. Armstrong contributed like 3 goals all season, it's quite possible a goon could match his offensive output while adding another dimension. Armstrong did other things well, but he's easily replaced.

I'm on the side that I'd like to see it being removed but as I stated numerous times, as it is right now, we CLEARLY need to get on board and find players that could indeed mix it up. Supposed team toughness is pure BS. We need to be able to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad