Rumor: Habs to test waters on Andrew Shaw

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
ok all the true statements aside, who and what do you seriously think we could get back for Shaw? I mean, he clearly won't land us a center of any use to us, maybe some defensive depth from someone? Maybe Vegas? I honestly don't see the point as the return certainly won't have a real impact short of us robbing blind another GM. Strange if true.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
ok all the true statements aside, who and what do you seriously think we could get back for Shaw? I mean, he clearly won't land us a center of any use to us, maybe some defensive depth from someone? Maybe Vegas? I honestly don't see the point as the return certainly won't have a real impact short of us robbing blind another GM. Strange if true.

A 2nd round draft pick if the Habs retain 1 million in salary per year.

Reactions: Tighthead

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
What a surprise.

How could a team of pro scouts and a GM that collectively get paid millions come to the conclusion that this would be a good trade, or that he'd be worth that kind of contract.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
What a surprise.

How could a team of pro scouts and a GM that collectively get paid millions come to the conclusion that this would be a good trade, or that he'd be worth that kind of contract.
He scored many points in the playoffs that year. In
What a surprise.

At the time Shaw finished the playoffs with 4 goals 2 assists in the six games chicago played in.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Don't like Shaw and to me he bring about the same Gallagher and both are on the small side but Gallagher's shot is terrible almost peewee level.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I don't mind Shaw as a player. I do mind his contract. In the cap world you just can't give a 3rd liner nearly 4M on a long term deal. No matter how you spin it it doesn't make much sense.

Reactions: 417

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Forget the two seconds we gave up, future considerations and the open cap space is all I want in return for Shaw. Can not stand watching this guy play anymore.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Did you even watch the game last night?
Or the last 5 years? Gally has one bad year, a year in which his hand blows up, and everyone forgets he is a 25/25 guy. Unreal how underrated he is. Nearly as productive as Rads playing 4 less mins a game, very little on the pp, with worse players. Drives me nuts when guys slag him.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

Mtl01

Feb 9, 2008
Montreal
I don't mind Shaw as a player. I do mind his contract. In the cap world you just can't give a 3rd liner nearly 4M on a long term deal. No matter how you spin it it doesn't make much sense.

This is how I feel as well. It's one thing to overpay a bit for a third/fourth line player if the GM really thinks he brings something extra to the table but you cannot give both term and extra money. One or the other but not both.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Or the last 5 years? Gally has one bad year, a year in which his hand blows up, and everyone forgets he is a 25/25 guy. Unreal how underrated he is. Nearly as productive as Rads playing 4 less mins a game, very little on the pp, with worse players. Drives me nuts when guys slag him.

He's one of the best play drivers in the entire NHL. It always irritates me when people slag on good players on the team and ignore the fact that, just maybe, they don't have enough help out there.

Reactions: Peanut

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I've always thought that you don't need a Shaw, when you already have a Gallagher.

One or the other, not both.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad