Rumor: Habs to test waters on Andrew Shaw

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
15-35? Do you mean goal scorers?

The small size is concerning. However…. Sidney Crosby is not huge.

15-20 goals 35-40 points.

Lehkonen
Gallagher
Shaw
Byron
Danault

Those are all players around 5'10 or 5'11 who when you look at their career this is what you can expect from them. That's too many imo. The team was pretty much built this way in the Houle era. I don't believe in winning a cup by committee. If we had a top of the league defense yeah but not with this average defense. We will need to add skills in the upcoming years and size too.

Of course none of those players will be traded for this help. But we could get lucky at the draft. Danault and Gallagher are keeper. Lehkonen will be cost controlled for a while. Some guys will eventually need to leave to make room and imo Shaw should be at the top of the list. I really don't see what people see in him. I think he's a very average player at the very best.

Zusammenhalt

Dump & chase-not a fan of
Jan 18, 2007
Depot Division
Shaw reminds me a little of Ryan Callahan or a little bit Derek Dorsett. Feisty a bit of a muck raker. Most teams have one. If not Shaw then who?

Top of the league defence is not necessary. See Pittsburgh last year. Letang was injured and they had no name defence men. Goal tending however is important.

What the difference is that the entire team played defence. Much like Los Angeles just played their last game here in Montreal. Super support and back checked hard from their forwards helping their D.

Size is a concern. Artturi Lehkonen seems to have good size. I'm partial to Fins. More Fins!
A top centre is needed.
I'm with you about overall size. More size/weight can help endure the long 82 game season not to mention adding the pre season plus playoffs. Heavy hitting in the first round usually takes it's toll.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The problem with obtaining replacements is no team wants to give better than they get.

It's all about management acumen and market timing. The team is also best served by a more optimal asset mix. You can "win" a trade by receiving a player that fills a need and trading away a player that is redundant. A lot of trades can be win/win, there doesn't always have to be a loser.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It's all about management acumen and market timing. The team is also best served by a more optimal asset mix. You can "win" a trade by receiving a player that fills a need and trading away a player that is redundant. A lot of trades can be win/win, there doesn't always have to be a loser.

Are you even watching the games ffs!?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So you admit you're not watching the games?

It's not my job to know if you're watching the games and I don't care. Your comment has zero to do with my initial post.

Are you going to start with your "hope" and "we'll see" cop-outs? If so, good for you. I have zero interest in trying to convince you of anything, it's a waste of time. You're going to say the same thing a year from now. It's your prerogative.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If they are looking to move Shaw, his value is surely the highest it's been since he became a Hab. He's been very solid ever since they put him, Danault, and Pacioretty together. Even when he doesn't get points, he plays a role in goals or scoring chances. His best quality is his forecheck.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If they are looking to move Shaw, his value is surely the highest it's been since he became a Hab. He's been very solid ever since they put him, Danault, and Pacioretty together. Even when he doesn't get points, he plays a role in goals or scoring chances. His best quality is his forecheck.
Best F1 forward this team has by a mile...

No one better at retrieving pucks

Last edited:
Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad