Pre-Game Talk: Habs to Get Bolted Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
There’s something weird going on with Eddy- he’s always a week or 2 away for months now. If this is about his father why don’t they just say he’s taking a leave of absence.

One has to assume he wants out.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How sheltered will they be. :help:

Tank year. I'm open to seeing anything they are willing to try. Suzuki won't be getting any help if someone wants to hit him or take advantage of him physically. Drouin and Hoffman better hope Chiarot is on the ice. Kulak too! He was fired up last game with his fight! I was surprised

I will say this though. Both Hoffman and Drouin should help Suzuki with puck possession. It could be a small glimpse of entertainment for once

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I know he’s no longer an impact player but really enjoyed what he brought last season. That’s one player that I too wished could have been held over but he’d probably not fit with Gorton’s vision had he been here now.

Hard to say. Perry had a HUGE positive impact on the kids IMO Gorton would likely see value in that given his salary.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Tank year. I'm open to seeing anything they are willing to try. Suzuki won't be getting any help if someone wants to hit him or take advantage of him physically. Drouin and Hoffman better hope Chiarot is on the ice. Kulak too! He was fired up last game with his fight! I was surprised

I will say this though. Both Hoffman and Drouin should help Suzuki with puck possession. It could be a small glimpse of entertainment for once

I'd have no problem flipping him and Dvorak. Suzuki had his best game in a long time with Evans on his wing. Dom is just throwing crap against the wall and has no feel for positive things. How else can you explain his not going back to the exact same PP that gave us success (Kids) after that botched coach's challenge?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I don't assume that at all, best way out is to play good and ask them to trade you...My guess is a mysterious injury which Habs are being weird about like they have with Price and Weber in the past.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd have no problem flipping him and Dvorak. Suzuki had his best game in a long time with Evans on his wing. Dom is just throwing crap against the wall and has no feel for positive things. How else can you explain his not going back to the exact same PP that gave us success (Kids) after that botched coach's challenge?

I'm not there yet with Ducharme and I think he is trying to juggle parts each game deepening on who we face. He likes to tinker and I have not decided yet if he knows what he is doing or is in over his head. :laugh:

Call me slow to react on how I see his potential.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't assume that at all, best way out is to play good and ask them to trade you...My guess is a mysterious injury which Habs are being weird about like they have with Price and Weber in the past.

If it is his back it could be terminal without surgery.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
As long as Eddy is back by the time we trade Chiarot, he can take his time getting healthy. I figure there are a lot of players still feeling the effects of the long playoff push and short offseason. The Habs relied on the top 4 D and Price during that run. The only player looking even remotely decent from that group is Chiarot. Go figure.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

71oWqjFMARL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As long as Eddy is back by the time we trade Chiarot, he can take his time getting healthy. I figure there are a lot of players still feeling the effects of the long playoff push and short offseason. The Habs relied on the top 4 D and Price during that run. The only player looking even remotely decent from that group is Chiarot. Go figure.

The short off season for us was not talked about enough when I look back now. I recall some saying it and I personally ignored it. It was a factor among many other factors of why we stink this year.

What does our D look like without Petry, Chiarot and Eddy?

Romanov / Kulak
Clague / Savard
Niku / Wideman

giphy.gif

Reactions: Marc BergeFan

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal

If he wanted out, the best thing to do would be to play and play well to raise his trade value. If he isn’t playing, it is most likely that he has a tricky injury. Word has it that it is his back, and that last week he was even looking in surgery. Seems like he probably has a nagging back injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad