News Article: Habs tell on Canes. Take that Dundon! LOL

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The worse part is that the league won't do anything to the Canes.

So they played 4 games instead of 6. Big deal.

Reading the article leaves me to believe that Although the CBA states teams have to play 6 pre-season games, I don't think it says or has anything about violating that stipulation.

The only possible advantage the Canes can have in playing less games is less of a chance of early season injury.
Otherwise... big deal!
Cost…….they are saving money by playing less games……Habs did the right thing, should be a fine

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Cost…….they are saving money by playing less games……Habs did the right thing, should be a fine
Still waiting on an answer as to how they would be saving money with less games? Gate Driven sport that doesn't pay the product(players) during preseason. Essentially your costs are hydro and workers for concessions and security. Surely gate+ food+ merch= cost of opening. They are Caniacs after all. Only reason I can see it is because of pandemic measures, but its in the states. They have a lower requirement from what I have seen.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Still waiting on an answer as to how they would be saving money with less games? Gate Driven sport that doesn't pay the product(players) during preseason. Essentially your costs are hydro and workers for concessions and security. Surely gate+ food+ merch= cost of opening. They are Caniacs after all. Only reason I can see it is because of pandemic measures, but its in the states. They have a lower requirement from what I have seen.

Caniacs? Really, that’s what they call themselves? They should be fined just for a lame nickname.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
I think we should strive to make their lives miserable until they relocate to Quebec.
Great idea, and then let Quebec take over at making their lives miserable. The only thing on local tv will be Caillou and its the french version! Take that Caniacs!

Reactions: Archijerej

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Stupid. Classless for the habs to continue with this pettiness, but I expect it of this organization.
When someone has been caught doing something wrong, the simplest explanation is they did something wrong and the authorities saw it. Hell I saw it too, because I was curious how many games KK played in and saw he played in 3 of 4.

I'm fairly sure it is the Canes, who are already guilty of cheating here, who put out this bullcrap story to deflect attention, and of course Hab-haters lap it up.

Reactions: dralaf and jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Cost as chartering a plane around, hotels, per diems, bus charters.

Gate prices in the states for pre season games don’t go for too much, there’s just not that much revenue vs what you’re spending.

it’s how I view it but I could be totally off as all I’m doing is guessing :huh:

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad