News Article: Habs tell on Canes. Take that Dundon! LOL

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
the need of an actual leader in the hockey ops department could not be clearer...

to what possible purpose could it serve to keep up the pettiness. Who cares about the Canes preseason games and how on earth does contacting the league about it do anything to benefit our needs?

can only hope that once we do get a new GM in place, class (alongside the pursuit of hockey excellence) returns to the forefront and we can leave this silliness long behind

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
The worse part is that the league won't do anything to the Canes.

So they played 4 games instead of 6. Big deal.

Reading the article leaves me to believe that Although the CBA states teams have to play 6 pre-season games, I don't think it says or has anything about violating that stipulation.

The only possible advantage the Canes can have in playing less games is less of a chance of early season injury.
Otherwise... big deal!

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Cheap indeed. That's why Aho signed the offer sheet Habs sent him.

He did to get paid and force Canes to pay him what he believed he deserved, not the low ball offers Canes were offering him at the negotiating table.

Acting all cool, thanking Bergevin for making their lives easy.

Canes did not want to pay so much for Aho. The fact the offersheet forced their hand is what pissed Dumbdon off lol.

Wonder if this feud will carry over on the ice?

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I actually noticed that as I was trying to follow up on mole boy's performances, but it seemed like those shyster Canes were never playing.If that were a Canadian team, you can bet your bottom dollar Buttman and his cronies would be slapping down the fines.

Reactions: hvac412

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I don't see a shred of evidence that points to Montreal as being the team that pointed a finger at the Canes for obviously playing too few games. Sounds a lot more like convenient speculation in an attempt to stoke this fire and keep this narrative relevant.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I actually noticed that as I was trying to follow up on mole boy's performances, but it seemed like those shyster Canes were never playing.If that were a Canadian team, you can bet your bottom dollar Buttman and his cronies would be slapping down the fines.
Carolina has always been Buttman's pet project.:popcorn:

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Carolina has been bleeding money despite being a contender for the past 2-3 years. It's no wonder they don't want to add any more loses.

Reactions: Max2

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
How could the league not know? Cmon now.....
Canes should be fined. Any other teams play less than 6 games?

This hurts arena staff as well. How many people didn't get a shift at work ( home or away) because the Canes are cheap? Or people didn't get to go to a game (even if an exxy) because of it. Some people that's all they can afford.
Bush league n selfish by Canes

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
https://awinninghabit.com/2021/10/08/habs-denounce-hurricanes-not-playing-enough-preseason-games/

LOL

What do you guys think?
Habs tattletaled or someone else?

And if so, who cares? Or penalties/fees should be attributed to Canes?
Stupid. Classless for the habs to continue with this pettiness, but I expect it of this organization.

A lot of people speculating on cheapness and whatever. But have no idea for the reason why. If anything it would hurt the bottom line as NHL is gate driven and the more games played the more money owners get. Players don't get paid for preseason.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Carolina has been bleeding money despite being a contender for the past 2-3 years. It's no wonder they don't want to add any more loses.
It would be nice to see other teams making trouble at Carolina. They started something too extreme and it's not very popular around the league gms.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The worse part is that the league won't do anything to the Canes.

The only possible advantage the Canes can have in playing less games is less of a chance of early season injury.
Otherwise... big deal!
Playing less games IS a big deal. As you say, less risks of injuries. Vets hate those games, The pace of the game is erratic, they face ahlers who wants to prove something, or let's say like as it is in reality, ahl goons hitting nhlers for a funny ride in 6 little games. There is an history of nhlers who got injured, some of them seriously, in pre season games.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
How is this even possible? If they're not playing, then other teams would be missing games too, no? Unless some play more

Reactions: zx81

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad