Rumor: Habs talking with Simon Gagne (UPD: Habs say no per 98.5)

Dada

May 12, 2012
if he's cheap, why not? a decent replacement if we have injuries...and we will

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
The problem is that there is no room, we have 13 forwards signed to a one way deal, and the majority of them are more useful than Simon.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Sometimes you remind me of Erika.
I like rarely fanboy any player. I really enjoy Lapierre's style and think he's underrated for his role and his performance as a Hab, and I champion his return all the time. And growing up and to this day I've always loved Simon Gagne. Two-way player with a lethal shot who liked to shoot. He doesn't fit on this team though, I know it, but I'm allowed to be a fanboy and WANT him to fit. Especially at the expense of players that clearly don't fit AND I dislike as it is (Desharnais, Briere, Gionta).

However, it is insulting to say that I'm like Erika when she (he?) was a lunatic who twisted everything around to make her crushes look good. I'm no where near that stubborn, if you don't believe me check out overlords' signature.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m FYI I don't believe the Canadiens have any interest in Simon Gagne at this juncture

But of course. Another French player/agent drumming up the Price for their player. Maybe when Gagne's 36 he'll also come to Montreal like that rat Briere.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I like rarely fanboy any player. I really enjoy Lapierre's style and think he's underrated for his role. And growing up and to this day I've always loved Simon Gagne. Two-way player with a lethal shot who liked to shoot.

He doesn't fit on this team though, I know it, but I'm allowed to be a fanboy and WANT him to fit. Especially at the expense of players that clearly don't fit AND I dislike as it is (Desharnais, Briere, Gionta).

However, it is insulting to say that I'm like Erika when she (he?) was a lunatic who twisted everything around to make her crushes look good. I'm no where near that stubborn, if you don't believe me check out overlords' signature.

But of course. Another French player/agent drumming up the Price for their player. Maybe when Gagne's 36 he'll also come to Montreal like that rat Briere.

He speaks the truth.

This time.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
He speaks the truth.

This time.
Ughhhhh you disabled your signature... you dweeb. First you pretend to not know me on twitter, then you edit my posts/yours to make me look bad and now you're messing with me publicly. Where's the admins, I have a complaint to lodge!

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
He really does look like a rat. His face bugs me
I don't think I'll ever accept Briere as a Hab unless we some serious playoff heroics. Like Cammalleri-level heroics. He's just an antagonist rat who's way over the hill.

But Simon Gagne's masculine yet delicate face won't be smiling at me on the Habs website and that upsets me greatly as well.

This is just a turd sangwhich, isn't it.

edit:
I didn't. Look up a few posts. HF just being HF.
Too late, complaint's been lodged. I'll see your ass in HFCourt. Lafleurs Guy's my lawyer, prepare to be drowned in paperwork.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Ughhhhh you disabled your signature... you dweeb. First you pretend to not know me on twitter, then you edit my posts/yours to make me look bad and now you're messing with me publicly. Where's the admins, I have a complaint to lodge!

I didn't. Look up a few posts. HF just being HF.

( you can't edit out a sig)

dreamingofdrouin*

HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks 2h

Pierre Lebrun on #TSN690: Dan Cleary's camp contacted the #Habs to see if there was interest; team said it didn't have a roster spot for him

fack....i would have been cool with this too

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks 2h

Pierre Lebrun on #TSN690: Dan Cleary's camp contacted the #Habs to see if there was interest; team said it didn't have a roster spot for him

Good gawd! Daniel Cleary is exactly what this team needs! Daniel Cleary is exactly what Bergevin said this team needs in his end of season press conference!

Dada

May 12, 2012
HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks 2h

Good gawd! Daniel Cleary is exactly what this team needs! Daniel Cleary is exactly what Bergevin said this team needs in his end of season press conference!

But Bergy said no, why the F would yoh turn down Cleary??

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Would've needed him if we had not signed Brière. And he'd fit MUCH better than Brière.
He'd still fit good on the team...
But there's absolutely no room at the moment IMO, as he'S NOT playing on the 4th line.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Too late, complaint's been lodged. I'll see your ass in HFCourt. Lafleurs Guy's my lawyer, prepare to be drowned in paperwork.
Your honour I represent the plaintiff in this case... we are seeking damages in the amount of five million dollars plus a no movement clause.

Last edited:

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Your honour I represent the plaintiff in this case... we are seeking damages in the amount of two years, eight million dollars plus a no movement clause.

Fixed for you. Now you can serve as trial attorney or Briere's agent. You can get paid double this way.

The Gal Pals

Breaking Hab
Oct 28, 2006
FYI the Habs said no to Gagné and his agent.

http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouvelles/oubliez-gagne-a-montreal-265834.html

I have the sneaking suspicion that Bob Sauvé publicly disclosed the negotiations with the Habs and his client in order to generate public interest in Gagné (a Quebecker) because he knew Habs management was balking at adding Gagné. Unfortunately for Gagné most Habs fans wanted nothing to do with him. I'm glad most fans preferred young prospects to a francophone past his prime.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
People wanted Cleary? What? RW fans almost had a nervous breakdown when he re-signed with the Wings. He's done.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I like rarely fanboy any player. I really enjoy Lapierre's style and think he's underrated for his role and his performance as a Hab, and I champion his return all the time. And growing up and to this day I've always loved Simon Gagne. Two-way player with a lethal shot who liked to shoot. He doesn't fit on this team though, I know it, but I'm allowed to be a fanboy and WANT him to fit. Especially at the expense of players that clearly don't fit AND I dislike as it is (Desharnais, Briere, Gionta).

I said you remind me of her, not you are her.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad