Post-Game Talk: Habs somehow beat NJ!

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
I was able to get the TSN broadcast with Robertson here via my ESPN+ subscription. Enjoyed his play by play very much. I haven't missed NHL.tv here in the States at all. ESPN+ has been fine all season.
For some reason I couldn’t get that broadcast, I also have ESPN Plus, probably my stupid fat fingers and crappy eyesight!

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Monty outplayed Vanecek there is no need to panic. The Coyotes are 5-1-4 it could always be worse.

Meanwhile
7c2fpf.jpg

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I'd love to hear what HuGo's expectations and goals are for the rest of the season. I have a feeling I'd disagree with them on both of those subjects.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Monty outplayed Vanecek there is no need to panic. The Coyotes are 5-1-4 it could always be worse.

Meanwhile
7c2fpf.jpg

I'll have to refute the graphic.
Sportsnet says the interest in Anderson comes out of Montreal, not really hearing it anywhere else.
Dvorak has not once been talked about or rumored, no interest, no shopping.
Armia has 0 interest.
Dadonov has mid pick interest.
Dreger said the phones aren't even lukewarm on Hoffman.
Every outlet has reported there is 0 interest in Drouin.

All they are doing by not shitting their pants is hurting us.

• Wow
Reactions: Team_Spirit

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Robertson is the best play-by-play guy on Canadian television, it's not even close. I used to say that about Cuthbert till he turned into a Leafs homer. DR has a way of creating energy for the listener, he has a style that's similar to 90s early 2000's Bob Cole.
I still go back and listen to his calls from the 2017 playoffs from time to time. (If I can find them) Dude got so fired up in that game against the Rags where Plekanec tied it with like 5 seconds left and Radulov won it in OT.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'd love to hear what HuGo's expectations and goals are for the rest of the season. I have a feeling I'd disagree with them on both of those subjects.

Hughes has been pretty candid in saying that winning is not the biggest priority right now (in nicer words)

However, management can't tell the players on the ice to pack it in. If they are overachieving, then you just have to live with it.

Meanwhile, HuGo just need to stay the course, so I expect more veterans will be on the move if they can help it.

Reactions: Cournoyer12 and JT3

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah. His mobility and reach are very noticeable on the PK.
His frame as well. The one thing I hated with the strumps killing penalties was their inability to fill a lane. Anderson and Dach do a much better job and both have decent reach. Suzuki is more cerebral.

Reactions: Walrus26

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I'll have to refute the graphic.
Sportsnet says the interest in Anderson comes out of Montreal, not really hearing it anywhere else.
Dvorak has not once been talked about or rumored, no interest, no shopping.
Armia has 0 interest.
Dadonov has mid pick interest.
Dreger said the phones aren't even lukewarm on Hoffman.
Every outlet has reported there is 0 interest in Drouin.

All they are doing by not shitting their pants is hurting us.
7c3tjm.jpg

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Robertson is the best play-by-play guy on Canadian television, it's not even close. I used to say that about Cuthbert till he turned into a Leafs homer. DR has a way of creating energy for the listener, he has a style that's similar to 90s early 2000's Bob Cole.
Cuthbert's decline has been so disappointing, from one of the best in the sport to a total Leafs cheerleader. Remember in game 5 in 2021 when he completely butchered the call on Suzuki's OT goal?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How often do any of the insiders actually predict anything accurate until like 30mins before something goes down? Almost never. It's all just educated guesses and speculation to drive clicks and engagement.

Two of the usual insider protection phrases when they spend the weeks leading up to the TDL:

1) Now this can change with a quick phone call.
2) I'm not saying they would do that (proceeds to say what they might do).

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
How often do any of the insiders actually predict anything accurate until like 30mins before something goes down? Almost never. It's all just educated guesses and speculation to drive clicks and engagement.
Bobby Mac (goat) would never stoop to this level

Cuthbert's decline has been so disappointing, from one of the best in the sport to a total Leafs cheerleader. Remember in game 5 in 2021 when he completely butchered the call on Suzuki's OT goal?
Yeah that was rough, Poor dude was shell shocked and couldn't believe there was a 2 on 0 in a PLAYOFF OT lmao. To be fair none of us could believe it either at the time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad