Post-Game Talk: Habs somehow beat NJ!

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
My daughter: "If the Habs win tonight. Will you buy me (some random girlish thing).

Me: "If the Habs win tonight, I'll buy you a car!"

Stay tuned to see how the hell H10H is gonna get out of this!
Get her one of these:

1677053703555.png

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Some great goaltending and some very pretty goals, especially PItlick's goal off the pressure and interplay from Dvorak and Dadonov.

Can't lose them all.

We can't, therefore we will get a nice prospect in the middle of the first round, instead of a top 5 tier prospect.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I have to admit...starting to warm up on Barron. Not only offensively but defensively too. You just see what confidence does to somebody. Still have to wait...but it is looking better.

So playing in the AHL actually helped him.

What a shocking turn of events.

I want to tank as much as anyone but how can you be upset after a game like this. Jersey sucked we did not.

Don't worry, the time to be upset is in June when we're drafting outside of the top 10.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
So you make a jersey with the most boring colors (black and white), and then you top it off by a simple wordmark of "jersey"

For those of you who look at the Habs jersey as ghastly, I present you the jersey jersey.

Thats what a real abomination looks like.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I have to admit...starting to warm up on Barron. Not only offensively but defensively too. You just see what confidence does to somebody. Still have to wait...but it is looking better.

He was showing this in Laval after his slow start. He was producing, but even his defensive game was real good. And he wasn't afraid to get physical.

It's nice to see him slowly, slowly start bringing that to the NHL.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It will have to be a hell of an offer for the Habs to let Josh Anderson go. While I have criticized him often for his inconsistent play, he was a beast in all three zones last night.
You need good vets.
Anderson wants to be a Hab.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It will have to be a hell of an offer for the Habs to let Josh Anderson go. While I have criticized him often for his inconsistent play, he was a beast in all three zones last night.
You need good vets.
Anderson wants to be a Hab.

I haven't been able to watch much recently.

I hear a lot of good things about Anderson's play recently. The thing for me was always: I don't know where to put him. He didn't have the hockey sense to play with CC and Suzuki. And so I don't want him bringing down a 2nd offensive line either. And he wasn't good enough defensively to be on a shutdown line.

But I've liked what I've seen when he's been with RHP and Suzuki. Maybe that line can stay together long term and Dach gets CC on his wing. Or, RHP and Anderson move down to play with Dach when CC gets back. Either way it seems RHP is the perfect player for Anderdon to play with: his intensity rubs off on Anderson and he has good hockey sense to create offensive plays.

Last edited:

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Glad to hear Robertson did PBP, unfortunately I was stuck having to listen to the ESPN hacks, so I just muted the boob tube! I miss NHL.TV very much!!!
I was able to get the TSN broadcast with Robertson here via my ESPN+ subscription. Enjoyed his play by play very much. I haven't missed NHL.tv here in the States at all. ESPN+ has been fine all season.

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I haven't been able to watch much recently.

I hear a lot of good things about Anderson's play recently. The thing for me was always: I don't know where to put him. He didn't have the hockey sense to play with CC and Suzuki. And so I don't want him bringing down a 2nd offensive line either. And he wasn't good enough defensively to be on a shutdown line.

But I've liked what I've seen when he's been with RHP and Suzuki. Maybe that line can stay together long term and Dach gets CC on his wing. Or, RHP and Anderson move down to play with Dach when CC gets back. Either way it seems RHP is the perfect player for Anderdon to play with: his intensity rubs off on Anderson and he has good hockey sense to create offensive plays.
Anyone watching Anderson these days would be impressed. He's exactly what we expected when we got him – a steam engine who powers into the o-zone and creates chances. The problem with Anderson isn't where we put him, it's when we put him.

He would've been a great addition 10 years ago. He could've been a solid part of our rebuild if he was a few years younger. He's turning 29 in May, which places him in no-man's land. Or more precisely, it places him in trade conversations. Sell high.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This win was huge for the development of a whole lot of future cornerstones of the team.

Rem Pitlick
Cory Schueneman
Christian Dvorak
Mike Hoffman
Jonathan Drouin

So glad we won!!!!!

Pitlick: getting some prep work for Laval's PO run. ;)
Schueneman: see Pitlick.
Dvorak: upping value
Hoffman: upping value
Drouin: upping value
Dadonov: upping value

Meanwhile: RHP, Suzuki, Barron & Ylonen all contributed to the win. And aside from them, there aren't any prospects left in the line-up. Only Harris and Pez are the others. The rest of them are on IR (Guhle, Slaf, Cole & Xhekaj. And Dach is out sick).

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
If I am to believe Mapper from TVa Sports, he had a, ahem, sanitary episode. That’s what he tweeted. Could have been a joke though.

Urgence sanitaire pour Armia
"Something to do with Armia and big steaming piles of turd........"

Anyone watching Anderson these days would be impressed. He's exactly what we expected when we got him – a steam engine who powers into the o-zone and creates chances. The problem with Anderson isn't where we put him, it's when we put him.

He would've been a great addition 10 years ago. He could've been a solid part of our rebuild if he was a few years younger. He's turning 29 in May, which places him in no-man's land. Or more precisely, it places him in trade conversations. Sell high.
Our PK has been a lot less shit since Anderson has been on it, I feel.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
"Something to do with Armia and big steaming piles of turd........"

Our PK has been a lot less shit since Anderson has been on it, I feel.
He killed penalties in Columbus but somehow that was lost in translation until a few months ago. Hard to understand why it took so long.

Reactions: Rapala and Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad