Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Trevor Timmins to a contract extension

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It's just Bergevin being a little mix up with title and stuff.
Associate this, Director of That...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It says Timmins is Vice President. He's likely in a more high level role for the same thing.

True. Player's personnel might mean a lot of different things but scouting is one of them. Again, like I said, unless there are a couple of announcements soon, they just decided to rename their crew mostly based on Jay's leaving. So VP for Timmins, director for Churla. While Player's personnel means scouting and recruitment which is usually what it's all about. But Player's personnel also is going and following the kids progression a little. But then, Timmins is probably the one who tells Lapointe and Ramage what to do.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
True. Player's personnel might mean a lot of different things but scouting is one of them. Again, like I said, unless there are a couple of announcements soon, they just decided to rename their crew mostly based on Jay's leaving. So VP for Timmins, director for Churla. While Player's personnel means scouting and recruitment which is usually what it's all about. But Player's personnel also is going and following the kids progression a little. But then, Timmins is probably the one who tells Lapointe and Ramage what to do.

If Timmins is VP he's likely got Churla + amateur scouting along with guys like Lapointe and Ramage as well.

So yeah, he's probably just moved up IMO. He's earned it and he's probably an ambitious guy who has already stated that being a GM one day would be a goal.

They just need to update his title.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
If Timmins is VP he's likely got Churla + amateur scouting along with guys like Lapointe and Ramage as well.

So yeah, he's probably just moved up IMO. He's earned it and he's probably an ambitious guy who has already stated that being a GM one day would be a goal.

They just need to update his title.

He was VP before, been VP for awhile in fact (2014).

And it's been bugging me for awhile now... If Timmins is VP, who is the President of Player Personnel? Because no one officially hold that title.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal

And it's been bugging me for awhile now... If Timmins is VP, who is the President of Player Personnel? Because no one officially hold that title.
They're just titles, for example the Leafs and Wings don't have any titles including the words Player Personnel. It probably all falls under Hockey Operations, and Dudley's in charge of that.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think Timmins did a good job overall but i would actually like to see someone else replace him.

One could have easily done better IMO
How does that work??..
If I think someone could have easily done a better job, then I don't think he did a good job at all.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

I missed he was VP before then.

As for Presidet of Player Personnel...that's Molson.

I mean...a lot of companies have a VP Marketing, a VP Sales, a VP Operations, etc...

But only one president.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad