Confirmed with Link: Habs sign Prospect Danny Kristo 2 year deal: Will Report to Hamilton

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
Give Danny a break. We Americans don't wear snowshoes every time we leave the house like you guys.:sarcasm:

hogtownhabsfan*

What kind of potential does he have? Will he be as good as, say, Brad Marchand?

I never seem to get a good read on NCAA prospects, but I view Kristo as the ultimate boom or bust guy. Elite speed, hands, vision... fantastic tools.... but questionable toolbox.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I never seem to get a good read on NCAA prospects, but I view Kristo as the ultimate boom or bust guy. Elite speed, hands, vision... fantastic tools.... but questionable toolbox.

I don't see him as a boom or bust guy...maybe when he was drafted, but right now his game is more well rounded. As long as he matures and follows what MB and co want him to act like off ice, I think he'll be in the NHL playing top 9 minutes full time within 24 months, wether here or another NHL team.

Last edited:

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
I'm sure even in America there's a difference between shoes & snowshoes. You might not wear snowshoes but I'm sure you wear shoes.

Yeah, Danny was wearing shoes from what I heard, but one of his feet sunk into deep snow and the shoe came off and he couldn't find it. That was why he only had frostbite on one foot and on the hand that he was digging with to find the shoe. (Remember, it was in the -20s F without the windchill factor, at the time, in Grand Forks, ND)

I don't know anything about what other rumors are out there floating in air.

hogtownhabsfan*

I don't see him as a boom or bust guy...maybe when he was traded, but right now his game is more well rounded. As long as he matures and follows what MB and co want him to act like off ice, I think he'll be in the NHL playing top 9 minutes full time within 24 months, wether here or another NHL team.

It may be more well rounded, but he's still one of those players that is either on a scoring line or in the minors/pressbox. for me that's the definition of a boom/bust forward.

There's also the adjustment to the pro game factor, as well as makeup questions.

Put it this way, in 3 to 5 years I wouldn't be surprised if he was a 70+ points a season type or on the bubble and in out of the roster of a second or third pro team.

He does seem to be trending towards being the former though.

hogtownhabsfan*

How does he compare to Ben Maxwell?

Habs will be hoping he's more Kadri than Maxwell, though that comparison doesn't work either.

Imagine a super cocky Kadri/Kessel hybrid. I guy who can fly, snipe, and dangle while playing with borderline arrogance. Maybe a less physical Yakupov?

as15

Sep 21, 2012
It may be more well rounded, but he's still one of those players that is either on a scoring line or in the minors/pressbox. for me that's the definition of a boom/bust forward.

There's also the adjustment to the pro game factor, as well as makeup questions.

Put it this way, in 3 to 5 years I wouldn't be surprised if he was a 70+ points a season type or on the bubble and in out of the roster of a second or third pro team.

He is not a boom/bust prospect. If he is not scoring, he can still play a bottom six role. He is not overly physical, but he provides a ton of energy, is a very tenacious forechecker that can put pressure on the opposition. IMO, he has a very good to be a full time NHL player, in some capacity, within a year.

pine*

Finally. A player with a solid future amongst the Habs with my first name. Thrilled.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

He played PK in UND and with his speed/quickness and anticipation, I'm sure he could also do it in the pros.

Most top teams have 3 skill lines and a checking/banging line. Weaker teams have 2 and 2. If he can put up 40-50 points a year he'll have a roster spot somewhere in the NHL. SK74 is worse than him and he still has a job!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad